What is your not so normal item to pack, which is helpful while at WDW ?

I cut the cover off of a used binder (the kind with the clear plastic covering). I throw it it my park bag and store my photos in the front plastic cover). It's sturdy enough to keep them from being bent and the cover keeps them dry.

Now that is simply brilliant. Thanks for the tip!

but I haven't seen anyone else with one. :rotfl:

But my favorite thing to take is my "cooldana". It is a neckwrap filled with water absorbing beads. I put it in the sink the day I arrive, let it soak up water for a couple of hours, then put it in the fridge overnight. Take it to the park in my cooler, and by noon-thirty when I'm feeling hot and tired, I tie it on like an ascot. That coolness really helps perk me up for the next several hours.

I have tried several of this kind of product. My favorite is the Chilly Pad by Frog Toggs. It needs no refrigeration to stay cool and it NEVER drips. It works by evaporation. Just soak it before you leave for the parks, wring it out and you are good to go. When it starts to dry, just re-wet in the lady’s room or a drinking fountain…it does not need to be immersed again. When it warms up from your body heat - flip it over or flap it around a bit and it cools down again. It has two different textures, different on each side. I think the slick side feels clammy, but DH prefers it to the soft side. :confused3 It works best when folded so that you have more than one layer so it takes longer to dry.

It comes in a plastic carry case with a hook at the top, but I use a zip lock bag in the parks. That way, when it is in use, the zip lock takes up no space in my bag.

It is pretty large, so I cut up one to make custom shaped “Pads”. I have one long and skinny section that I drape around my neck, crisscross the ends in front and tuck them into the front of my shirt. (Remember they don’t drip, so my shirt stays dry.) When it is really hot, :faint: I pull my hair into a bun and put a small one inside my floppy brimmed had (in contact with my head) and it is heaven. :cloud9: When it is that hot, my hair would be plastered to me anyway.

It comes with very little “use and care” instructions, so I went to their web site for more info. DO NOT try to unfold or fold it when it is completely dry…it gets really stiff and you could break it into pieces. I got mine at Dick’s Sporting Goods and Walmart.

I use it at home all the time to ease my migraines too. :goodvibes

These are probably mentioned, but a few of my favorite not-so-normal things...

1. Pop up hamper - this is super easy to pack and it really helps keep the room tidy - with 5 of us, it's important. It makes carrying the dirty to the laundry (only on longer trips) easy too. To go with this Purex laundry sheets, roll of quarters.

2. Snack suitcase - I bring a box of wine, fits great in frig. I bake several loaves of banana bread for breakfast - bake, slice, butter, freeze, pack before we leave, still cold when we get there! It's nice to have a little taste of home for breakfast! I pack a smaller suitcase with the breakfast bars, Monster trail mix from Target, candy, gum, bananas, apples, Minute Maid juice boxes for the kids, crackers, pringles, cheese (again, freeze, pack morning of, works great) and diet cokes. Then we have an empty suitcase for souvenirs for the flight home - this is always necessary! Saves money on breakfast and afternoon, evening snacks.
Love your tips, especially the hamper and the banana bread!! Do you fly or drive?

This is a neat tip!! My daughter is 4 and this is her first trip to Disney. I've been trying to come up with something for the dark rides!

We also take extra pillow cases to put over the hotel pillow case. I like having that extra layer between me and the hotel pillow. I figured this out after realizing that my nose is usually stuffy after spending the night in a hotel. If I forget my extra pillow case, I'll use a clean t-shirt and just lay it on top of the pillow.

http://distickers.com/ticker/

I would suggest one of the allergy barrier pillowcases. My first two nights I didn't have it on the pillow and I woke up stuffy and with and a headache. After I put it on, I was fine. I suffer from dust mite allergies. Knowing that things lost at Disney don't get returned, at least that has been my experience, I wrote our last name on the pillowcase with a sharpie in a couple of places. This served as a visual clue to me when we were inspecting the room prior to departure.

See all the more reason for me to put the tv remote in a ziplock bag after watching the youtube video of the guy putting it in his butt checks and trying to change the channel.
We always bring disposable cups after watching our local news team who put a hidden camera in a hotel room and it caught the maid using the same rag that she just used to clean the toilet, to clean the glasses in the room. YUCK

On a side note I carry a binder clips. great for closing a bag of snacks. pinning curtains shut. or clipping clothes to the clothes line to dry.

I NEVER use the kettles or cups provided in Hotel or Villa/Condo. I bring my own travel kettle and disposable cups. This is ever since I saw a reality show where some drunk holiday makers used the kettle to pee in!! and then they poured it in a cup !! Disgusting, it put me off for life! You just never know what's gone on in your room before you were there.... best not to think about it too much !

Oh, and I REALLY love the tip about bringing a needle and using Dental Floss instead of cotton! Genius idea!! That was somewhere about 18 pages ago !

I have become unable to use the coffee makers in the rooms after it dawned on me that others might do the same thing I ALMOST did- pour water from an open and used water bottle to make your coffee.....i caught myself.....thought "ewwww".....and decided that i could wait on the coffee....
this trip i will bring my own coffee maker :)

http://s165.photobucket.com/user/wolfarooncsu/media/31XagPUdE-L_zpscdb054c0.jpg.html

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009GCUG1G/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i03?ie=UTF8&psc=1

ordered a couple of these for me and DH to use with our iphones...
my iphone is my only camera and it will keep it close by and not subject to my fumbling fingers.
i got a black one for DH, but it looks like those are sold out right now.

I must be missing something. How does that securely hold your phone? What stops it from just coming off? I'm confused...
Thanks!

I must be missing something. How does that securely hold your phone? What stops it from just coming off? I'm confused...
Thanks!

it plugs in like the iphone charger. it seems pretty sturdy! i will try it out in the house for awhile and make sure it stays pretty secure before i use it in the parks

Lots of great ideas!
Been adding them to my Disney Box (a recent addition to my household :laughing:)
I've gotten about 2/3 through and there is so many neat stuff!

Individually wrapped lens cleaner cloths, for glasses and sunglasses, also to wipe down phone and Ipod screens. A must-have in my opinion!

Blessings, Michelle

I finally after close to a week of reading finished this entire thread!!! I am so excited for our trip now!!! Wonderful ideas everyone! My list just keeps growing!

I love my frogg toggs...I have 2 and last August, I put one in my DGD stroller and put the other one around my neck..I didn't care what I looked like and I was cool the entire day. Mia loved having it in her stroller...now, when I go in the heat, I take them with me:)

I make my own dishwashing cloths.

Thoroughly rinse out clean unused baby wipes ( I use a name brand as they tend to be thicker and more sturdy), squeeze out any excess water and add a quarter size drop of your favorite dishwashing liquid. Then allow them to dry completely. Store them in a travel wipes container or ziploc bag.

I use them to wash sippy cups, baby bottles, pacifiers, disposable utensils, resort mugs, etc.They work everywhere, I use them whenever I go out with DD1 and not just on vacation!

**Make sure you let them dry completely before you store them though, I didn't do that once and they got that nasty, musty, rotten, smell!

Also, for those of us who bring regular size bottles of shampoo, conditioner, etc. in checked luggage on the plane: leave at least an inch of space between the top of the liquid and the top of the bottle and then double bag. The air pressure in the plane messes with the bottles causing the liquid to expand and explode.

You can also make your own dryer sheets:

Soak a dry wash cloth in liquid softener, squeeze out any excess, allow to dry completely. Toss them in the dryer as you would a normal dryer sheet. You can even use them multiple times!

Wow, I've been reading this thread a page at a time between patients and I'm 2 days in and only on page 40. Many great ideas!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter