What is your not so normal item to pack, which is helpful while at WDW ?

Something I bought this time that I will always pack from now on is a small sewing kit with needles, because I got some nasty blisters, I need a needle to drain the blister enough to cover it and put my shoes on.

Yes, I know this isn't the best thing to do, but I did what I needed to do! LOL!

Last edited:
Something I bought this time that I will always pack from now on is a small sewing kit with needles, because I got some nasty blisters, I need a needle to drain the blister enough to cover it and put my shoes on.

Yes, I know this isn't the best thing to do, but I did what I needed to do! LOL!

Pack mole skin, cut up into different shapes. I had one trip where I had purchased new socks (horrible idea) and my feet were killing me. Different socks and mole skin saved me.

Pack mole skin, cut up into different shapes. I had one trip where I had purchased new socks (horrible idea) and my feet were killing me. Different socks and mole skin saved me.
New socks are the worst! I'd rather break in new shoes than socks! I can wear my old thin socks and never have an issue but if I take some nice new compression cushion socks.....make it make sense!

I had some, it didn’t help this time because the puffed up so big. Ugh! I always pack it and the nice blister bandaid things.

Wooden clothespins.

Besides being useful to hang wet swimsuits on the line over the tub, they serve as:
- hangers for washcloths, for showers that just have a metal wire corner "shelf"
- chip clips for open bags of food
- stands for wet toothbrushes
- clips for keeping curtains closed if there's a gap in the middle
- weights for shower curtain liners that like to blow inward and stick to your legs
- clips for charger cords, to prevent them from slipping behind furniture
- spools for charger cords and ear buds
- clips to convert a standard hanger into a hanger for shorts/skirts
...and myriad other things.

Last edited:
Wooden clothespins.

Besides being useful to hang wet swimsuits on the line over the tub, they serve as:
- hangers for washcloths, for showers that just have a metal wire corner "shelf"
- chip clips for open bags of food
- stands for wet toothbrushes
- clips for keeping curtains closed if there's a gap in the middle
- weights for shower curtain liners that like to blow inward and stick to your legs
- clips for charger cords, to prevent them from slipping behind furniture
- spools for charger cords and ear buds
- clips to convert a standard hanger into a hanger for shorts/skirts
...and myriad other things.
Binder clips can serve all those functions and are much more compact.

Binder clips can serve all those functions and are much
Agree to disagree. I use metal binder clips daily in my legal practice, and they're way more "pinchy" than I need for the vacation-related purposes I listed. My little sandwich bag of wooden clothespins takes up almost no room, won't rust when used in the shower or by the sink, won't put dents in charger cords or shower curtains, and won't trigger a TSA search if their identity isn't obvious when passing through the airport metal detector. To each his own. :)

Last edited:
to do laundry or just to have the suitcase and clothes smell nice?
I can't answer for the OP, but FWIW, I bring detergent sheets too, as we travel carryon-only and do laundry mid-trip if we're staying for a week or more. I first bought them for a Disney trip a few years ago and loved them so much, they're what I use at home now, too. (They look like thin sheets of white packing foam, but they're made up of detergent, and dissolve in water: you can adjust for smaller loads by tearing them in half along pre-made perforations).

My laundry "kit" consists of a quart-sized ziploc bag with a couple of detergent sheets, fabric softener sheets, decanted scent booster beads if desired, and a folded cloth laundry bag (incidentally, the same one my parents bought me to take to college 30 years ago, and still going strong!!!). It takes up no space in my carryon and doesn't contain any liquids that would have to be placed in a 3-1-1 bag to fly.

Last edited:
Thank you to everyone for your tips! I’m planning our first WDW trip and I added so many thing from this list to my Amazon cart. I have a couple things I’ve brought to DL that might help people at either park: I bring Evian spray water - it’s spring water in an aerosol that comes out cold no matter the temp outside. It really helps cool off when you spray your face and wrists! Also a small cafeteria tray for F&W booths - it gets tough carrying all the foods you want to sample until you find a place to sit and eat.
This is for people with serious heat issues (I have MS) -I wear a cooling vest with Cool58 packs that freeze in a fridge or cooler not a freezer. So hotel fridge, cooler in park… any of those will re-freeze them, not just chill them. Highly recommend!

I'm kind of sad that in two thousand replies every one only mentions totally normal common travel items. People, I love you all, I say this with all the respect I have: blister first aid, laundry supplies, and drink packets are in the top 10 MOST COMMON THINGS to bring to Disney lol. Where's all the weird stuff that is not a completely normal everyday travel tip?

I tried so hard to think of something weird I bring, but there's really nothing too unusual. I'm an adult who brings little containers of Play Doh and kinetic sand because I have arthritis in my hands and keeping pressure on my scooter's handle for hours makes the joints lock up, but I imagine a lot of people with kids have that kind of stuff. And I have several hidden compartment items, things that look like everyday stuff but are fakes that have space to tuck small essentials. I don't feel comfortable leaving prescription opioids out in my room, but it's difficult and painful to bend and manipulate the in-room safe.

I can't answer for the OP, but FWIW, I bring detergent sheets too, as we travel carryon-only and do laundry mid-trip if we're staying for a week or more. I first bought them for a Disney trip a few years ago and loved them so much, they're what I use at home now, too. (They look like thin sheets of white packing foam, but they're made up of detergent, and dissolve in water: you can adjust for smaller loads by tearing them in half along pre-made perforations).

My laundry "kit" consists of a quart-sized ziploc bag with a couple of detergent sheets, fabric softener sheets, decanted scent booster beads if desired, and a folded cloth laundry bag (incidentally, the same one my parents bought me to take to college 30 years ago, and still going strong!!!). It takes up no space in my carryon and doesn't contain any liquids that would have to be placed in a 3-1-1 bag to fly.
Thank you for this information. My DW was looking at buying laundry sheets through Amazon Prime and packing them on the plane because we too are doing only a carry-on / personal item packing trip. So, she found something convenient and wondered if the machines accepted these sheets and whether the sheets worked well. Your information really set her mind at ease.

Not that unusual for general travel, but I've never seen anybody else with it in the parks in decades - a small flashlight. The Maglite 1 AAA LED usually - I know people use phones for flashlights nowadays, but a flashlight is brighter, more focused so you don't blind others, and actually lights what you want to look at.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter