• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is your 'must do' WDW restaurant?

purplelion

Earning My Ears
We have booked our first holiday to the states and will be going to WDW - I am booking some restaurants and they are starting to fill up quickly. I was wondering what your favorite restaurants are? It is hard to know what is good when you have never been and don't have many friends who have been either!

I need to know your food preferences to recommend something to you. However, I will give you my favorites.

Magic Kingdom: in all honesty, I would go to the quick service restaurants such as Pecos Bill. Cinderella's or Be Our Guest have nice ambiance, but I don't feel that the food is special. The food is good, just not special.

Epcot: Biergarten is my favorite. The food is good, the atmosphere is pleasant, the entertainment is fun, and the Lager is excellent. Akershus and Morocco are good for adventurous tastes.

Hollywood: Brown Derby is excellent. I also enjoy Sci-fi Dine-in theater. It's just fun.

Animal Kingdom: I love the food at Tusker House, although I could do without the character interaction. I also love Tamu Tamu Refreshments. The dark or coconut rum dole whips are a great way to cool down in the hot afternoon.

Every one of our trips begin with dinner at the Biergarten (Epcot) the night we arrive. My family would have my head if I didn't make that reservation! We all love the German food and the entertainment is very enjoyable for both adults and kids.

We have three.

We always dine at T-Rex on arrival day, as we don't like to do a park our first day in FL. A Crystal Palace breakfast is also a must for us, as is Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater.

We are very much creatures of habit!

Thanks so much. So far we have booked Maya Grill, Flame Tree BBQ, Sci Fi Dine In, Tony's Town Square, Be our Guest and Biergarten. It's unbelieveable that things are booking out this early!
Having never been to WDW before, I am trying to image the size of it, but I think it will be bigger than I imagine :)

Akershus Royal Banquet Hall in Epcot! You get a buffet for appetizers thats included with your entree (if it hasn't changed) and you meet the princesses. Can't remember if the dessert sampler is included, but I think you get a lot for your buck there. I'm a very picky eater and it's my favorite.

Raglan Road- Downtown Disney
Kona Cafe- Polynesian
Jiko or Sanaa- Animal Kingdom Lodge.

You will enjoy BOG!
We also love - Via Napoli, Trattoria Al Forno, Ohana and Hoop dee doo revue! Nothing screams Disney like the show at HDDR! ;)

Biergaten and Be our Guest. Biergaten has the best soups, tomato salad, and the Bavarian Cheese Cake *drools*. Be Our Guest because of the atmosphere of course, the beer and wine option and the food.

California Grill at the Contemporary is our all time favorite restaurant. We tend to go every other trip, but the trip we skip it, we miss it.
Park favorites -
Magic Kingdom - we prefer quick service. Casey's for hotdogs and fries. Sleep Hollow for waffle sandwiches. Columbia Harbor House for chicken fingers.
Epcot - Restaurant Marrakesh in Morocco is a often overlooked gem. Delicious food that is not too unusual. Lovely décor. Beautiful belly dancers!
Hollywood Studios - 50's Prime Time Diner. With a fun server, this place is entertainment as well as good old fashioned comfort food.
Animal Kingdom - Again, we prefer QS here. We love Flame Tree Barbeque. We get the chicken and ribs and share it.

The Boardwalk is full of great places. Trattoria al Forno, Yachtsman at the Yacht & Beach Club, Beaches & Cream.

We're still looking for a favorite at Disney Springs. Earl of Sandwich is great, but is another QS.

Crystal Palace for breakfast is our 'must do'. Good character opportunities and the ability to get into the park early.

Biergarten is a unique atmosphere and it's fun to sit and listen to the band (although I kind of wish their sets were longer).

We had a great time at the 'Ohana breakfast on our first trip. Didn't go the second time, and I missed it. Plan on going this time.

BOG is cool to go to at least once. I wasn't really wowed by the food when we went. The main dining room also felt a little too big, and the 'appearance' by the Beast was underwhelming from where we were sitting. It's still fun to go in there, though.

So many!

Cape May Cafe
Coral Reef
Sci-Fi
Biergarten
'Ohana

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter