What is your most ridiculously easy dish that draws raves?

VIDALIA ONION SPREAD

2 cups shredded swiss cheese
2 cups chopped Vidalia onion (or other sweet onion)
1 cup mayonnaise

Mix all ingredients together. Spread in a 9 or 10" pie plate. Sprinkle top with paprika. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Serve hot with crackers.

So easy and so good!

This is the best!

Dump Cake

Dump in a long casserole dish

1 can crushed pineapple
1 can cherry pie filling
1 box yellow cake mix on top
1 to 1 1/2 sticks melted butter until the cake mix is a bit "wet"

Bake at 350 until the top is brown and a bit crispy

It's easy and delicious! I often serve it with vanilla ice cream. Yum!

YUMMMM. I LOVE this recipe and always make it Christmas day. But you are leaving out my favorite ingredient. Pecans. Put about 3/4 cup chopped pecans on top. And you are right. Must have vanilla ice cream. Simple goodness.

Spiders
Equal amounts of choclate chips, butterscotch chips, Cjinese chow mein noodles and peanuts.

Melt the chips together
Stir in the noodles and peanuts
Cover a cookie sheet with wax paper (makes cleanup easier!)
Take a teaspoon and put plops of the mixture onto the cookie sheet
Freeze for an hour or so then serve OR freeze for an hour or so and then remove them from the cookie sheet and they can be store in a Ziploc bag in the freezer to use at a later date.

They are delicious and people RAVE about them. It's the whole salty/sweet thing.

What a great thread, but I MUST ask... do NONE of you have weight problems?? I LOVE the sound of lots of these recipes, but most of them would have to be once-in-a-while, just-for-a-treat meals. Butter, sour cream, and cream cheese are abounding here! Maybe I will try a few and try to lighten them up. I'll let you know if I have any success. I have a few recipes that would qualify for this thread (except that no one EVER raves about my cooking), but I am at school and don't have the recipes memorized. I will try to post later tonight when I am home. ..................P

haha! I cook with a lot of those ingredients in the winter, but I use the fat free or light versions. If a recipe calls for a lot of melted butter (i.e. drizzle with 1/2 cup of melted butter), I always use less. You can't usually tell the difference.

My tator tot casserole.

Brown 1 1/2 to 2 pounds hamburger--crumble as fine as possible, drain

Put in bottom of large baking dish sprayed with cooking spray

Mix 1 package frozen peas (let thaw), 1 can cream of chicken soup, 1 can milk. Add chopped onion, salt, pepper and mix well. Pour on top of hamburger.

Add 2 lb package of tator tots. Sometimes I dump them on, other times I will "arrange" them in rows.

Bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees

I rarely bring any home from anyplace I take it. It tastes very good heated up the next day, too.

It sounds good! Thank you!

At parties I make a pasta salad that draws raves. I mean I get sooo many people comign up to me and complimenting me on it, and I have to admit the truth....it's just doctored up Suddenly Salad pasta salad mix...from a box.

I make it according to the drections and then add in slided black olives and some whole, some chopped tomato, and diced zuchinni. When serving, I add in Parmesain cheese.

I get asked all the time for the recipe and I have to say "Go to the grocery store and look for Suddenly Salad." It just surprises me that I get compliments on it. Hmm maybe becasue I mix the dressing with half olive oil and veggie or canola oil I really have no idea.:confused3

If you like French Onion Soup, then you will love these. They are perfect with a steak, but go good with just about any meat. We just call them French Onions around our house.

French Onions

3-5 Maui Maui, Vidalla or Walla Walla onions
1 1/2 - 2 cups beef broth (i use low sodium)
3-4 tablspoons soy sauce (i use low sodium)
about 1 cup swiss cheese (you can other types of cheese if you prefer.
Also, sliced if you prefer, instead of grated)
olive oil
salt and pepper

Cut the ends off the onions and then cut them in half, remove skin and place cut side up in a baking pan. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.

Bake in a 400 degree oven for 15 minutes. Mix together beef broth and soy sauce and pour into pan with onions after the 15 minutes is up. Bake for another hour, basting with broth in pan every 15 minutes or so.

Place cheese on top of onions and bake for another 10-15 minutes till cheese is bubbly.

I also thought of a quick easy dessert I grew up with and still make to this day.

Cherry Crunch

1 can Cherry pie filling
1 box white cake mix
1 stick butter

Pour cherries in the bottom of an 8x8 dish. Melt butter and mix with cake mix till crumbly. Sprinkle cake mix over cherries and bake in a 350 oven for about 35 - 40 minutes or till tip started to get a little brown.

Serve with cool whip. This is super rich and a little goes a long way.

Don't know if its been mentioned.

Taco Soup

1 lb. lean ground beef
1 pkg. burritto seasoning mix pack
1 pkg. ranch dip mix
1 8oz. sour cream
1 can chicken broth
1 can light kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
1 can black beans (drained and rinsed)
1 can whole kernel corn (drained)
1 can rottelle tomato (Mexican) with lemon and cilantro

1. Brown beef, drain. Add seasoning pack (follow directions on pack)

2. Mix dip mix with sour cream in a separate bowl, add to meat.

3. Add the rest of the ingredients. Simmer at least 30 minutes.

I sometimes, do step one and then put everything is a crockpot on low.

Okay, the Taco Soup reminds me of a soup I made up and have prepared a couple times-all to raves. Sorry though, since I made it up, measurements aren't exact (I usually don't measure when I create) I use the "dump" method.

My Ravioli Soup
Pour some olive oil in a pan. Heat.

Add chopped onions and saute.
When onions are done add some chopped garlic. For me, the more garlic, the better! Cook for a few minutes-don't let garlic burn our you'll have to start over again. You can also add some diced celery at this point.

Add a few cups (or more) of chicken stock. You can used canned or water with a Better than Bouillon (chicken) or Chicken Base (from Sam's).
Bring to a boil. At this point you can add whatever veggies you have on hand. Small diced carrots and zucchini are good choices. Small Beans. Think minestrone soup.

After the veggies I add some leftover pasta sauce (my secret ingredient). What ever you have on hand will work. About a cup or so. (Sometimes I will freeze leftover sauce when I don't use it all and it makes it very easy to add to soups)

I then will add in some Italian Seasoning. If you don't have this add some basil and/or oregano.

Once all this comes to a boil, and the veggies are cooked, add your favorite ravioli. I have used frozen and fresh for this. I prefer cheese ravioli. Reduce heat so you don't boil the raviolis too hard (they'll fall apart).

Serve when the raviolis are heated through. Great with salad and garlic toast.

Enjoy!

Here's a link to the recipe index I posted yesterday
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=38912588&postcount=215

Super Duper Easy - They were licking their plates clean!

Chocolate Chip Cookies (ChipsAhoy)
Milk
Cool Whip

Take the cookies, dunk them in the milk, and make a layer in the pan. Then put a layer of cool whip. Repeat until pan is full. Let it refrigerate overnight.

It is delicious and my daughter loves to make it!

At parties I make a pasta salad that draws raves. I mean I get sooo many people comign up to me and complimenting me on it, and I have to admit the truth....it's just doctored up Suddenly Salad pasta salad mix...from a box.

I make it according to the drections and then add in slided black olives and some whole, some chopped tomato, and diced zuchinni. When serving, I add in Parmesain cheese.

I get asked all the time for the recipe and I have to say "Go to the grocery store and look for Suddenly Salad." It just surprises me that I get compliments on it. Hmm maybe becasue I mix the dressing with half olive oil and veggie or canola oil I really have no idea.:confused3

Ha! "My" pasta salad also draws raves.

1lb box spiral pasta, cooked al dente, rinsed with cold water and drained.
whatever fresh veggies you like-green peppers, red onion, cucumber, tomatoes, etc. chopped
1 bottle italian dressing
dash of salt

And the cheaper the dressing, the better. :cool2:

Toss together and enjoy. It cracks me up because people LOVE this and just go on and on and on saying "you are such a great cook. I could never make this!" I brought it to a work carry in yesterday because a coworker had been begging me to bring it after trying it a couple months ago. So I did and she begged me to let her take the leftovers home. I'm like, ummmmm, sure. I've tried to explain that my 7 year old could make this (minus the veggie chopping) but she insists I must have some secret. :laughing:

Shrimp Newburg

"Great recipe for the seafood lover with little time to cook. An easy and quick stovetop dinner. Serve with tossed salad or cole slaw, bread."
Ingredients

o 1 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of shrimp soup
o 1/4 cup water
o 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
o 1 lb thawed deviened and cooked shrimp ( medium-sized)
o hot cooked rice

Directions

1. In a saucepan, combine soup, water and seasoning and bring to a boil.
2. Reduce heat and stir in shrimp.
3. Meanwhile, cook rice according to directions on box.
4. Serve shrimp over rice.
-----------------------------

I followed the directions for this recipe and it was terrific! Easy as could be, but tasted like it was more involved. Rich and creamy. Great comfort meal.
We had it over rice and nothing was left over. :)

I also made shrimp scampi recently. It was super easy. I can't remember the brand name, but the scampi sauce was in a bottle calling to me. It wasn't high in sodium and didn't look too bad overall. Higher in fat than I normally buy but it was probably the oil. Anyway, I didn't have a lot of time for scratch, so I bought the bottle to give it a try. It was another really easy dish. I poured 3/4 cup of the sauce into a pan with the shrimp and cooked the shrimp. While that was cooking I cooked the pasta and broccoli (one pot). Drained the noodles and broccoli. Diner was done! I put the pasta on the plates and then spooned the shrimp and sauce over it. Delicious!! All gone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter