What is Your LEAST Favorite Theme Park at Disney World?

What is Your LEAST Favorite Theme Park at Disney World?

• Magic Kingdom

• Epcot

• Disney's Hollywood Studios

• Disney's Animal Kingdom

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hollywood Studios is by far our least favorite park. We do not like RNRC (our heads get banged up), or TOT (scared of the unpredictable droppings).

We love the Magic Kingdom the best, followed by EPCOT, then AK, then HS.

Yes, AK is hot and humid, but we love EE!

Disney Studio is be far our least favorite. In fact, back before Toy Story Mania opened there were alot of trips where we'd skip DS entirely. If we did go over there, it would be just to ride Star Tours and see Little Mermaid, then we might run over there one evening just to see Fantasmic and around Christmas always ran over there one night to see the Osborn Lights. We have never spent more than a half day over there.

We'd rank the parks:
1. Epcot
2. Magic Kingdom
3. Animal Kingdom
4. Disney Studios

We went to AK on our last park day. We went on the safari & I remember thinking "this is my favorite park". Soon after though after walking through Africa & hitting Asia we were lost. We found Restaurantasaurus (I killed that spelling) & that provided some relaxation. But, we were hot & confused. Got to dinoland which I didn't like at all. Shortly after we had to just go. I had some laundry & Ohana Reservations. I told my boys that next time we will make AK one of the 1st parks since I don't think we had a good game plan (I want to love it).
DHS: we spent from RD to Fantasmic. My boys loved TOT & Rockin Roller. They loved Fantasmic & Sci-Fi. My youngest did Jedi Training which provided us awesome memories and photos. But, boy is that layout odd!?!?!?! I could not figure it out. We only saw one show, because i didnt plan that out well either. But, rode every ride just about & took an animation class.
So I can't pick a least favorite because i didn't plan those days well enough.

Disney Studio is be far our least favorite. In fact, back before Toy Story Mania opened there were alot of trips where we'd skip DS entirely. If we did go over there, it would be just to ride Star Tours and see Little Mermaid, then we might run over there one evening just to see Fantasmic and around Christmas always ran over there one night to see the Osborn Lights. We have never spent more than a half day over there.

We'd rank the parks:
1. Epcot
2. Magic Kingdom
3. Animal Kingdom
4. Disney Studios

You truly underestimate HS....ToT, RnR, Muppets, Walts Life exhibit, Animation, People Watching, Great Movie Ride.....

For me it's between DHS and AK. There is enough there for me to a half day at either, but I prefer several of the attractions (DINOSAUR and the Safari) and the shows (Lion King and Nemo) at AK to the attractions and shows at DHS. Also gotta love Flame Tree BBQ!

DHS for sure. I just hate being there even though this park has two of my favorite rides (TSM & ToT). If the lines for TSM weren't so awful I might like this park better because at least then I could stand to ride my favorite ride more than once or twice a trip. When getting to ride the ride you came into the park for can take a minimum of 45 minutes even if you arrive early in the morning, it kind of sours your day there. I'm not into the theming of the park at all and I hate the shows. During my last trip to WDW, I spent a total of 2 hours in DHS before hopping a boat to Epcot and felt like it was more than enough.

I love AK despite it always being so hot. The park is just gorgeous, both in its theming and in its landscaping, and I love zoos, so this park was always a guaranteed win for me. I do wish they had committed to building Beastly Kingdom though. Not only would that add rides for the folks who get bored with just looking at animals, but the plans for it just sounded so cool. So much better, IMO, than the proposed Avatar Land. Do Not Want!

With Epcot, I could probably skip all of Future World and not miss it, but I love eating, drinking, people watching and window shopping my way across the World Showcase. I really enjoy that.

My favorite park though will always be the Magic Kingdom. MK IS Disney World to me. The rest of the parks are just nice extras. And I say that as single adult with no kids!

MK was hands down my least favorite park. DHS was my favorite. AK park was my second favorite and Epcot was #3. I've been trying to figure out why MK was my least favorite. I'm a DL vet and to me MK was missing a lot if rides that I love and the magic associated with Fantasyland. DL Fantasyland is cramped with rides from all of the classic storybooks. That "feel" of childhood magic was missing for me at MK. The rides I love were at DHS. MK just doesn't have enough rides in each area. There seemed too much space and too many shops. Lots more places to buy stuff which is a waste of space for me. Also not as many trees and shade as AK. We spent most of our time in Africa and Asia walking the trails do there was lots of shade. I liked Epcot but liked the other 2 parks a little better.

I'm still trying to figure out what is about the MK that just didn't do it for me. Believe me I'm baffled! ;) We are going back Jan 1-4 and I'm skipping the MK. I can see the castle light up at DL and have many times. Also the castle didn't impress me as being SO much bigger as people say. Main Street either. I can't wait to see the Osbourne Family spectacle of lights and Epcot all decorated. We will probably hit AK because my son loved the animals. He adored the affection station on the conversation area.

MK was hands down my least favorite park. DHS was my favorite. AK park was my second favorite and Epcot was #3. I've been trying to figure out why MK was my least favorite. I'm a DL vet and to me MK was missing a lot if rides that I love and the magic associated with Fantasyland. DL Fantasyland is cramped with rides from all of the classic storybooks. That "feel" of childhood magic was missing for me at MK. The rides I love were at DHS. MK just doesn't have enough rides in each area. There seemed too much space and too many shops. Lots more places to buy stuff which is a waste of space for me. Also not as many trees and shade as AK. We spent most of our time in Africa and Asia walking the trails do there was lots of shade. I liked Epcot but liked the other 2 parks a little better.

I'm still trying to figure out what is about the MK that just didn't do it for me. Believe me I'm baffled! ;) We are going back Jan 1-4 and I'm skipping the MK. I can see the castle light up at DL and have many times. Also the castle didn't impress me as being SO much bigger as people say. Main Street either. I can't wait to see the Osbourne Family spectacle of lights and Epcot all decorated. We will probably hit AK because my son loved the animals. He adored the affection station on the conversation area.

Even as much as I love the MK, I understand what you mean. I remember visiting both WDW and DL as a little kid and preferring DL to the MK. WDW has a lot more going for it as an entire resort, but if we're comparing apples to apples I think Disneyland Park beats out the Magic Kingdom in terms of its atmosphere and attractions. At least before the Fantasyland expansion (which I haven't had the opportunity to see yet so I can't compare them now) DL Fantasyland in particular had much better theming and charm than its Florida counterpart. Plus the Alice in Wonderland dark ride has always been a favorite of mine.

But I've never live close enough to either park for one to spoil me for the other so my admiration for Disneyland hasn't affected my feelings. I don't get to visit either very often so both are a joy to experience.

Even as much as I love the MK, I understand what you mean. I remember visiting both WDW and DL as a little kid and preferring DL to the MK. WDW has a lot more going for it as an entire resort, but if we're comparing apples to apples I think Disneyland Park beats out the Magic Kingdom in terms of its atmosphere and attractions. At least before the Fantasyland expansion (which I haven't had the opportunity to see yet so I can't compare them now) DL Fantasyland in particular had much better theming and charm than its Florida counterpart. Plus the Alice in Wonderland dark ride has always been a favorite of mine.

But I've never live close enough to either park for one to spoil me for the other so my admiration for Disneyland hasn't affected my feelings. I don't get to visit either very often so both are a joy to experience.

I've been to DL I think probably more than 50+ times in my life. I've been going since very young and live in the Los Angeles area. I think my incredible familiarity with that park is what spoiled MK for me. Because it looks so similar when you walk in that my mind automatically looked for certain things or expected them to be there. Kwim? When they weren't there I'd get confused and try to look for it and then be disappointed. It wasn't rational at all. Really was an automatic thing. I think the reason I liked the other parks so much is that they were new and different to me. I loved DHS the best because of the theming. I'm an LA brat and I loved the studio and LA feel. Felt like home in a way. That was a pleasant surprise.

MK was my least favorite because of the crowds and wait times...until our last trip. They had morning EMH at 7 am on a MNSSHP night. Park was absolutely dead that morning-afternoon! We literally rode everything in a matter of a few hours! I literally walked on to everything including the coasters with no wait! It was so awesome!

animal kingdom, the only thing I like to do there is go on expedition everest and dinosaur. :confused3, gets a little boring

animal kingdom, the only thing I like to do there is go on expedition everest and dinosaur. :confused3, gets a little boring

Me too! AK is my least fave park. They only have a few good rides, EE, Safari ride, Dinosaur, thats it! Plus, and the most important point, that park is always soooo hot and tires me out like no other park has before. After 2 - 3 hours, im done. Lol.

I voted HS, because beside Fantasmic we did'nt find it as interesting as the other parks...

Me too! AK is my least fave park. They only have a few good rides, EE, Safari ride, Dinosaur, thats it! Plus, and the most important point, that park is always soooo hot and tires me out like no other park has before. After 2 - 3 hours, im done. Lol.

I'm with you. Ak always seems hotter and stinky and just wears you down for some reason so we go for the morning than leave. If they didn't have the safari thing I probably wouldn't hit it

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I love them all, but if forced to choose I'd pick Animal Kingdom just because it's so poorly laid out.

I have to agree with this :thumbsup2. However, some of the best attractions are in that park...EE, KS, KRR, and FOTLK to name a few (DD9 says she is brave enough to try out Dinosaur on our upcoming trip, which unfortunately will be my first time too).

I said DHS, and it even has one of my favorite rides--TOT.

It just seems poorly designed and unfullfilled, IMO.

I don't dislike any of the parks, I really like all 4. I chose DHS because we spend the least amount of time between there and AK. I can't choose AK because it is my fave park even if DH doesn't really care for it.

Wish there was an option for other because I don't have a least favorite! That would be like asking which of your kids is your least favorite! :rotfl:

EPCOT..... We're actually skipping it on our upcoming 6 day trip. For us to eat there see a few characters and test track, soarin and maelstrom it seems like a waste of money for so little especially when we could take or leave those rides.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter