What is your KIDS favorite sit down?

The almost private like privy at the Enchanted Tiki Room. It's just around the corner from the main enchanted doors, adjacent to the lanai. My cousin Vinny's kids like to call it the poop deck. Lol
:faint: There is a story that goes with that of course, but I don't feel like getting writers cramp at the moment.

asked my DS6 ... he said ESPN Zone and Storytellers.
He also loved the Surf's Up Breakfast, if you are considering a buffet/character experience.

Hmmm... I never considered Storytellers. The prices look reasonable and they seem to have more options than many of the other places. Plus we've never stepped foot in the GC yet.

I asked my kids about Blue Bayou and unfortunately, they weren't too excited (I know! What a bunch of weirdos :confused3) so I hate to pay that money and have them not completely jazzed.

We've just always done counter service and Minnie's for a character breakfast. Oh, and that one trip to Rainforest Cafe. Lots of good ideas here... thanks everyone!!! Off to check out more menus...

Another vote here for Big Thunder BBQ. My 3 kids love it (both the food and the entertainment)

So I'm planning our next Disney trip (booked for Dec 3-9 :woohoo:) and am hoping to reserve a real sit down dining experience this time around. The ONLY times we've done this on past trips is at Rainforest Cafe once and Minnie's for breakfast (don't think those count...). I'd love for my kids to enjoy a "real" meal this time. Problem is, I have no idea which one to splurge on and I want to pick the right one as it's a good chunk of change. I know many of you like Blue Bayou, but is it good for kids too? How about Carthay Circle or Carnation Cafe or any others? My girls are 12 and 7 and not terribly picky eaters, if that helps. Oh and of course, angels, when bribed (no, of course there is no parental bias involved :rolleyes1). I'm hoping to hear which fancy options are family friendly and which ones YOUR kids love. Thanks!

Do you not want to do a character meal? We have been to all of the table service places except for BB and CC numerous times (just dessert/lounge when we visit BB/CC) and I don't think any of it tastes any more like "real" food than the counter service; it just takes more time and costs more!
DH likes the table service restaurants so we do them regularly, but the kids just tolerate them; there's not any more atmosphere at any (except BB of course!) than at counter service. For the same amount of money you could get more of an experience with the characters. Maybe we just order a lot! I'm always annoyed when the bill comes at table service that we didn't just go to Goofy's Kitchen! :goodvibes

I think Golden Horseshoe offers a great Disney experience and it's super inexpensive! Tomorrowland Terrace is cool because you can watch the Jedi Training Academy during the day, or a live band at night. Eating a corn dog while watching the parade screams Disneyland to me! Burgers at Hungry Bear are inexpensive and you get to watch the Columbia/Mark Twain/canoes/Pirate Island raft go by!
I'm just thinking that there are more counter service restaurants/areas to eat your counter service food that offer more of an experience than most of the table service restaurants do.

Do you not want to do a character meal? We have been to all of the table service places except for BB and CC numerous times (just dessert/lounge when we visit BB/CC) and I don't think any of it tastes any more like "real" food than the counter service; it just takes more time and costs more! DH likes the table service restaurants so we do them regularly, but the kids just tolerate them; there's not any more atmosphere at any (except BB of course!) than at counter service. For the same amount of money you could get more of an experience with the characters. Maybe we just order a lot! I'm always annoyed when the bill comes at table service that we didn't just go to Goofy's Kitchen! :goodvibes I think Golden Horseshoe offers a great Disney experience and it's super inexpensive! Tomorrowland Terrace is cool because you can watch the Jedi Training Academy during the day, or a live band at night. Eating a corn dog while watching the parade screams Disneyland to me! Burgers at Hungry Bear are inexpensive and you get to watch the Columbia/Mark Twain/canoes/Pirate Island raft go by! I'm just thinking that there are more counter service restaurants/areas to eat your counter service food that offer more of an experience than most of the table service restaurants do.

This is where it comes down to personal preference. Our meal at Carthay Circle was half the cost of our one at Goofy's and our meal was 100% better. I don't think the food at Goofy's is good at all and have only done it for the character experience. I think the character meals all cost a lot more than most table services (Napa Rose. Club 33 and possible Steakhouse 55 as the exceptions). I'm curious what table services you have done? I'm not saying you're wrong of course.

I do agree that DLR has some great counter service places.

This is where it comes down to personal preference. Our meal at Carthay Circle was half the cost of our one at Goofy's and our meal was 100% better. I don't think the food at Goofy's is good at all and have only done it for the character experience. I think the character meals all cost a lot more than most table services (Napa Rose. Club 33 and possible Steakhouse 55 as the exceptions). I'm curious what table services you have done? I'm not saying you're wrong of course.

I do agree that DLR has some great counter service places.

The ones we go to most often are Storyteller's, Wine Country Trattoria, Cove Bar [limited menu but they do take your order at the table :rotfl:], Carnation Café, and Café Orleans. With the exception of the burger at Storyteller's which is very tasty (and I am not a burger fan), I have not been impressed by anything any one of us has ordered at table service. The food is fine - as fine as counter service, hence my reluctance to recommend a restaurant to the OP just based on it being table service. Cocktails at DCA locations certainly add to the experience ;) At DL table service it costs a little less than character meals for us because we can't order drinks, but at DCA table service prices are definitely on par with a character meal for us!
There is no way we could get out of CC for half what we pay at Goofy's! How do you do it?

Do you not want to do a character meal? We have been to all of the table service places except for BB and CC numerous times (just dessert/lounge when we visit BB/CC) and I don't think any of it tastes any more like "real" food than the counter service; it just takes more time and costs more!
DH likes the table service restaurants so we do them regularly, but the kids just tolerate them; there's not any more atmosphere at any (except BB of course!) than at counter service. For the same amount of money you could get more of an experience with the characters. Maybe we just order a lot! I'm always annoyed when the bill comes at table service that we didn't just go to Goofy's Kitchen! :goodvibes

I think Golden Horseshoe offers a great Disney experience and it's super inexpensive! Tomorrowland Terrace is cool because you can watch the Jedi Training Academy during the day, or a live band at night. Eating a corn dog while watching the parade screams Disneyland to me! Burgers at Hungry Bear are inexpensive and you get to watch the Columbia/Mark Twain/canoes/Pirate Island raft go by!
I'm just thinking that there are more counter service restaurants/areas to eat your counter service food that offer more of an experience than most of the table service restaurants do.

Oh definitely. We've done Minnie's breakfast both times and plan to do it again. I've been talking to my family about doing a TS restaurant and they honestly seem more interested in spending the time at shows or on rides so who knows if I'll even try anymore. I do appreciate everyone's responses and who knows, we've got lots of time for them to change their minds. We've always had great food at the CS places. It's quick, easy and tasty.

The ones we go to most often are Storyteller's, Wine Country Trattoria, Cove Bar [limited menu but they do take your order at the table :rotfl:], Carnation Café, and Café Orleans. With the exception of the burger at Storyteller's which is very tasty (and I am not a burger fan), I have not been impressed by anything any one of us has ordered at table service. The food is fine - as fine as counter service, hence my reluctance to recommend a restaurant to the OP just based on it being table service. Cocktails at DCA locations certainly add to the experience ;) At DL table service it costs a little less than character meals for us because we can't order drinks, but at DCA table service prices are definitely on par with a character meal for us! There is no way we could get out of CC for half what we pay at Goofy's! How do you do it?

To start with, we didn't order drinks - and I can understand how having some can double your bill ;) We aren't opposed to drinking, it just wasn't something that was happening that day. I think one of my kids may have ordered soup - and maybe my mom did as well, as their entree, but the meals are about 1/2 the cost per person than Goofy's. The biggest difference is honestly in the difference in price between the kids' meals at CC and paying for them at Goofy's.

I agree with you that TS are subjective. There are places I love that other people don't and places I hated that others rave about (Tortilla Jo's). We like Storyteller's, half of us like Cafe Orleans, we've eaten at Carnation once and it was ok, disliked Wine Country.

To start with, we didn't order drinks - and I can understand how having some can double your bill ;) We aren't opposed to drinking, it just wasn't something that was happening that day. I think one of my kids may have ordered soup - and maybe my mom did as well, as their entree, but the meals are about 1/2 the cost per person than Goofy's. The biggest difference is honestly in the difference in price between the kids' meals at CC and paying for them at Goofy's.

I agree with you that TS are subjective. There are places I love that other people don't and places I hated that others rave about (Tortilla Jo's). We like Storyteller's, half of us like Cafe Orleans, we've eaten at Carnation once and it was ok, disliked Wine Country.

Being able to order kid's meals makes a big difference for sure! DS10 has been eating off the adult menu for about 3 yrs already, and DD7 orders off the adult menu about half the time.
I don't like Tortilla Jo's either! This trip though I did hate it a little less :rotfl: because I ordered just a shredded beef taco a la carte for me and ground beef tacos a la carte for DD (after she devoured the tiny kid's meal tacos and was still hungry!) Those are only $5.50 each. DS refuses to eat there even though he loves Mexican food - so we grabbed him a double cheeseburger at Jazz Kitchen Express after we were done. For some reason DH loves TJ's though...so it's even subjective within families! :goodvibes

Not really a sit down but my kids love Hungry Bear. They love to sit along the river and feed the ducks!!! Foods kid friendly as well!!!

I asked DS 12, and after giving it much thought, he said Ariel's was his favorite. Apparently, he liked the food there the best. We did a WOC dinner without the princesses. We went to BLue Bayou and WCT our last trip too. I have 2 boys. I remember them loving the pasta with butter and cream at WCT so much we ordered seconds! We have 2 boys ages 10 and 12.

Midnightred

I think Ariel's is your best bet. None of the TS restaurants is going to be ideal in terms of the price/quality consideration, but I think Ariel's is the best in balancing price, quality, a "fancy" restaurant experience, and entertainment.

DD loved Blue bayou herself. not crazy over the food though.
DS Really didn't seem to have a favorite.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter