What is your geeky habits ?

Ok I wasn't gonna add to the geekyness but since we're all sharing.....
*sigh* when I was in high school I was the biggest music geek around. I was in band, theatre and every choir I was allowed to be in....why is this important to today's current question you may ask....
well I get like super excited about half time shows that marching bands are involved in. If I'm home the first weekend in August I watch the DCI competition (that's drum corps international) and judge each band as if I were on the field.
as for theatre and choir, I still sing and if it wasn't for my job requiring me to be on call 24/7 I would still do theatre...I was even voted most musical in HS....
so there you have it...my geek side has been shared....let the laughter begin...

LOL, Mostly ditto (i didnt do band) But I did attend a specialty school for performing arts in highschool, it was a 1/2 day charter school where we studied everything music dance and theatre was concerned.

I was voted most likely to be on Broadway. Too bad that dream didn't come true, however a few of my friends from that school are Broadway actors/actresses now!!! :woohoo:

Any True Blood Fans? I am obsessed, Read the whole Sookie Stackhouse series (she is still writing them) and if you are watching the HBO series, I know the guy who played Russell Edgington, the vampire king of Mississippi!!!

I also am an avid Survivor fan, I never miss an episode, secretly think I will marry Jeff Probst one day, and hope that I can someday be on the show!!! Will all of you watch me? haha... BTW, anyone else catch the new episode tonight? Redemption island! I am soo excited, this is going to be a crazy season!! :lovestruc BOSTON ROB!!!!!!!!!!:lovestruc

Any True Blood Fans? I am obsessed, Read the whole Sookie Stackhouse series (she is still writing them) and if you are watching the HBO series, I know the guy who played Russell Edgington, the vampire king of Mississippi!!!

I also am an avid Survivor fan, I never miss an episode, secretly think I will marry Jeff Probst one day, and hope that I can someday be on the show!!! Will all of you watch me? haha... BTW, anyone else catch the new episode tonight? Redemption island! I am soo excited, this is going to be a crazy season!!

I love true blood and the books! I think there is usually a true blood thread on the dis if you are interested this summer.

I love true blood and the books! I think there is usually a true blood thread on the dis if you are interested this summer.

Oh yes, I will be there drooling when Eric takes off his shirt. yum!

Hope you will be there with me to salivate....

BTW, am I the only one (who has also read the books) who thinks enough with Bill, like OMG can we follow the books story.... maybe just a little bit?

Oh yes, I will be there drooling when Eric takes off his shirt. yum!

Hope you will be there with me to salivate....

BTW, am I the only one (who has also read the books) who thinks enough with Bill, like OMG can we follow the books story.... maybe just a little bit?

Don't worry I'll be there to keep you company.:happytv: And I'm team Eric so I have no problem sending Bill to South America or wherever he goes in the fourth book. Hopefully, they do the whole storyline with Eric losing his memory. That would be hot, hot, HOT!

Don't worry I'll be there to keep you company.:happytv: And I'm team Eric so I have no problem sending Bill to South America or wherever he goes in the fourth book. Hopefully, they do the whole storyline with Eric losing his memory. That would be hot, hot, HOT!

yummmmmmmmmmm

What about Quinn the Tiger!!! yum yum yum!!! We need more of him, Oh Oh and I cannot WAIT for Claude... since they showed Claudine.... The Fae storyline will be funnnnnnnnnnnn :cheer2:

- Goodnight guys/gals - Talk to you tomorrow!!

I liked TechTV alot more than G4. But, I've gotta admit that I still watch G4 for X-Play, Attack of the Show and Ninja Warrior.

BTW, anyone else catch the new episode tonight? Redemption island! I am soo excited, this is going to be a crazy season!!

I pretty much figured they'd jumped the shark bringing back Rob and Russell yet again, but I figured I'd check out the 1st episode. It was MUCH better than I expected. Best tribal vote I've seen in years! As long as Special Agent Phillip sticks around, I'll keep watching. He's got just enough ego mixed with pure nuttiness to really keep things interesting ... and he's obviously not a former special agent

Well I was in band, work on computers all day, play dungeons and dragons, play video games on a regular basis, watch anime, read manga and comic books, was on the math team in highschool and majored in mathematics in college, ect. The list just goes on and on.

Don't feel bad. . .I was in marching and concert band, every choir I could join, dance team, played D&D, have a bachelors in Physical Chemistry with a minor in medical anthropology, and yeah, now I am a nurse. . .Queen of Geekdom. . .Oh and I forgot to add that I converted 2000 Wordperfect users to MS Word back in 1995, and this happened just because I knew how. . .no special training required. . .lol.

I might be considered a bike geek. Perhaps a science geek as well, considering my job.

Then again I might be too much of a deadhead to be called a geek.

Oh yeah, craft beer is good!

I might be considered a bike geek. Perhaps a science geek as well, considering my job.

Sorry Augie, but after the late 80s, anyone a deadhead was considered a geek. . .hugs. . .lol.

I am proud of my dorkiness. I love to read comics/graphic novels (not manga, never got into that scene) and I love Star Wars. I have tried to corrupt my little sister into watching Star Wars, but her friends have too tight a hold on her and she refuses to watch them because they are too "nerdy". Whatevs. Her loss.

Don't feel bad. . .I was in marching and concert band, every choir I could join, dance team, played D&D, have a bachelors in Physical Chemistry with a minor in medical anthropology, and yeah, now I am a nurse. . .Queen of Geekdom. . .Oh and I forgot to add that I converted 2000 Wordperfect users to MS Word back in 1995, and this happened just because I knew how. . .no special training required. . .lol.

oh yeah I forgot that one...my niece calls me a science geek (I was a geoscience major in college) and every time she has issues with a science class she calls me....see!! it does pay off being a geek!

I pretty much figured they'd jumped the shark bringing back Rob and Russell yet again, but I figured I'd check out the 1st episode. It was MUCH better than I expected. Best tribal vote I've seen in years! As long as Special Agent Phillip sticks around, I'll keep watching. He's got just enough ego mixed with pure nuttiness to really keep things interesting ... and he's obviously not a former special agent

Yah I am NOT thrilled about Russell being back on the show, that guy is annoying, no one likes him, and he can never win!!! ug! What a waste of space!! I like Boston Rob tho, I would like to see him win.

And yah they always pick a few crazy people to be on the show, the "former special agent?" guy is annoying as crap, I dont think he will make it very far at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Huge Sci-Fi fan ... especially 80s classics like TRON, Buckaroo Banzai Robocop etc. Much movie/TV love for all things Sam Raimi, John Carpenter, Joss Whedon, and Peter Jackson.

I'm right there with you on Buckaroo Banzai!!! :thumbsup2

My biggest bit of geekdom these days is my love of maritime history, specializing in the Age of Sail. I'll gladly share facts and trivia at the drop of a hat. Too bad no one likes to drop that hat very often. I hope to go to school for an MA (and a PhD?) in the subject, so I can eventually teach it on the university level.

Also read all 21 of the Patrick O'Brien "Master & Commander" books. In a row. Big, big Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy fan, since the late 80's. Still live my life by the books and am constantly on the lookout for instances of 42. Harry Potter geek, too, of course.

I'm also an English Country Dance geek and attend monthly dances. I also get dressed up in Jane Austen era clothing and go to Balls a couple times a year. And I adore the men who dress up in 19th century clothing! All I want in this world is a man who will let me dress him as a Royal Navy lieutenant of the era.

I spent 2 1/2 years in fencing lessons. I spent a bit of time as a tall ship sailor. And I used to be a total Champ Car geek, until the series died. Oh, and I have a pirate outfit that I wear to the Renaissance Faire and the occasional pirate festival.

I like to do a lot of geeky things. But, it keeps me entertained and seems to cause people to find me interesting (if a bit unusual). ;)

Yep, and ALL of us are guilty of that one :lmao: Granted, most people in my life have never been to Disney and think that my vacation planning obsessions are geeky, I think they just have NO idea :lmao:

I'm definitely a Disgeek when it comes to my vacation planing, too! By now everyone is so used to it though that they just roll their eyes & wait for their copy of the itinerary!!
:laughing:

Sorry,I'm just catching up on this thread but I LOVE True Blood! I was actually sad for Russell when Talbot died!

Sorry,I'm just catching up on this thread but I LOVE True Blood! I was actually sad for Russell when Talbot died!

Haha, I liked it, cuz Russell is a horrid character, worse in the books. I am for eric all the way!!!! mmmm more eric & sookie time please ;)

I know I'll definitely miss some stuff, but a couple things that give me geek/dork cred.

1. I can tell you exactly what episode of A-Team/Knight Rider it is from the pre-credit open. Some episodes i can even tell you the episode from the opening shot.

2. You can find usenet postings via Google Groups of my internet addiction dating back pre '94.

3. I was a part of the ORIGINALY Rec.arts.disney crowd before they "ruined the group" by breaking it out into sub-groups. I was even a RAD Host and FDC member.

4. I was on staff at DragonCon so long the joke became "I came with the room". I had my 10yr watch to prove it. (My internet handle actual comes from my DragonCon Nickname).

5. From my DragonCon days, and the friends I had from there, i've met GWAR, BJo Trimble (bonus points if you even know who that is), Apollo Smile (perkiest girl you will ever meet.... and i don't just mean the spandex), Richard Garriott, etc.

Good enough as a start?

:rotfl:

I'm unfortunately a huge nerd and a cool one, like I'm not into video games or computers. I mean I like both of those things but not at a geeky level.

I once was a major Buffy nerd. I even went to the convention and was beyond obsessed with the show, and bought anything I could that was related to Buffy.

I was a concert junkie a few years ago, like I've seen the Strokes 6 times, the Killers 6 times, Modest Mouse 6 times, and so on but lately I'm not into the crowds so I don't go to nearly as many as I used to.

I'm really into makeup, always have been, so I have a lot of it. Like over a 100 bottles of nail polish, and so on. But lately my geeky obsession is I watch silly beauty related videos on youtube like nonstop! :rotfl: Tutorials, reviews, whatever. I made my husband swear never to tell a soul.

Honestly, I go downstairs and purchase a rice crispie treat out of the vending machine - go back to my desk and secretly shape it into a mickey head.....:lmao:

I am not kidding. I have been caught several times. My best friend usually knows when I go very quickly past her desk to my office to hide it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter