• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is your favorite World Showcase country and WHY?

Norway. Hands down. We rode maelstrom 3 times we were there last time and I think 11yo and I could have rode it another 3 at least. And we always get something at the bakery on the way out.

Next is Italy. The brick oven pizza is our favorite.

Japan! I could spend hours shopping and buying too much, looking at all the traditional items . Every time I visit, I just want to hop on the next flight to Tokyo.

Last edited:
Norway - Maelstrom, the bakery, the atmosphere, the vikings, the trolls, and the fact that it's so different from everything else!

(And a close second to Japan!)

Definitely France. Specifically for the pastry shop. MMmm.....

I would have said Mexico before our last trip..............but I had a bad experience with an upset tummy right after we ate at San Angel Inn (I don't think it was their food, though), so it is now a scarred WS pavilion for me. Sad day.

If we're going down that road, then surely norway is a winner....

Ditto this. My friend brought along his darling little boy once and all the Norwegian girls wanted their picture taken with him. Unbelievable how beautiful they all were. I told my 6 year old he better play along on this next trip.

Mexico!

I love the theming inside the pavilion. The shopping area, the architecture, the nightime atmosphere. While the restaurant is good but not great, it's very romantic. The boat ride is fun and usually no wait.

Morocco - I lived in the middle East for about 10 years - the pavilion is a lot of the fun stuff without the stuff that may not be so much fun.:) Love Tangierine Cafe :cloud9:- best counter service IMO - the hummus is pretty darn good and I am a picky hummus eater.

France - really enjoy Chefs de France and La Boulagerie:coffee: - very good options for snacks here - and I enjoy the film - a nice cool break and reminds me of all my fun travels in France. Like the CMs here too - :) very friendly and respond happily when greeted with a simple "Bon Jour!":)

Japan - love the shopping here - just so "cute" - fairly good food options too.

I love the entire atmosphere of Mexico and the boat ride, but I really enjoy China and the museum of soldiers...I think it is so interesting. Norway is also amazing...and the German caramel...and the fish and chips in the UK. Oh, forget it...I love them all!!!!

I can't pick a favorite. I just love so many things in the World.

The Rockies and waterfall in Canada. The drinks in France and the shops. I love the movie even if it is outdated, the music is timeless. Drinks and Mo'Rockin in Morocco. My husband and son go crazy over the belly dancer. The koi pond, Pick-A-Pearl and drummers in Japan. Sam Adams on tap in America. The shops and drinks in Italy--I love the Murano glass jewelry. The train in Germany plus the beer. The circle movie in China and the exhibits. Maelstrom and the waterfall outside and the bakery in Norway. The whole atmosphere of Mexico.

And the cherry on top is getting to see Illuminations at the end of the day. It doesn't get any better than that. :)

America, I love the design of the buildings, it's position and the viewpoints, the Voices of Liberty performances and the show inside the main building (British by the way :) ). Once you step inside it's so cool, and airy, and the paintings are really interesting along with the other items on display. It's like a little step back in time.

I do wonder though if Americans see it in the same light as I see the UK part of Epcot (general amusement :lmao: ). I just think the UK part doesn't give much sense of history or what the country is about.

I missed Maelstrom the last two visits and it sounds very interesting so I suspect the Norway one will be a favourite soon :yay:

England for me! World Show Case performers, Rose & Crown Pub, music performances, good viewing spot for Illuminations, good character greetings, the maze, lovely stores!

For me it's the UK. I was raised in England and while the pavilion is not in any way a representation of my childhood in London, it's nice to speak to the CM's there. I even met one who went to the same primary school as me. I also like the fact that I can find real Cadbury chocolate there. Any place that sells Flake bars is a favorite of mine.:thumbsup2

UK for us, also. :thumbsup2
We usually stay at BC, so first seeing UK as we enter means that the fun is about to begin... with the music, great food and the World Showcase Players are often there, too. We love the fact the it's so close for us so we can often go back and forth just for a quick outing, a bite, a beer...whatever.

Thats my vote, but it all so wonderful!!

For me it's probably Canada.

The waterfall section in the back is one of my favorite areas in all of WDW. During one trip, when my kids were a bit younger, I had a chance to spend almost an hour just sitting there soaking in that awesome atmosphere while my kids spent time in the Kid-cot center.

I also had one of my favorite character experiences in Canada watching the Brother Bears goofing off when they thought nobody was around to see them (I was watching from the stairs, where they couldn't see me).

The Oh Canada show with Martin Short is a lot of fun, and not to be missed.

Even though we haven't had a chance to eat there yet, I understand that Le Cellier is one of the better restaurants in all the parks (I love steak).

The Canadian pavilion also offers some of the best opportunities to get some great photos (the garden, the bridge, the waterfall, the totem poles and buildings...)

I love Japan, I have have been to Japan and have Japanese friends and just plain love being there in WS.

My favorites seem to change every trip!!!:lovestruc

I used to love Italy when they had Alfredo's, but we were not feeling the love with Via Napoli and never tried Tutto's....:sad:. Maybe the new wine cellar will make me fall in love again.

Currently I love Germany!!! Brats, Beer and Pretzels...doesn't get much better than that! Also I love the plaza, the architecture and the great little stores. Such a fun place!!:thumbsup2

I also love the UK!!! I love the shopping there! Great little stores, very friendly CM's and the architecture is fantastic!! I love the band there...I always stop to hear my favorite English songs, have a drink and rest. Again such a fun place!!! I had a bad experience in the Rose and Crown (Not the restaurants fault, but a kid next to us got sick) so we haven't eaten back there due to bad memories...maybe someday we will try it again ;)

My last visit I was starting to fall in love with France. I have recently discovered the Gray goose slushies :thumbsup2. I also tried Le Chef's de France for the first time and it was fantastic!!! So I am going to explore it a bit more the next time I go.

I do love Canada, but I feel it should have more stores and maybe a food option outside too.

Norway is always fun and my husband likes the ladies there ;)

Mexico is a great pavillion...the inside plaza is so fun and my son loves the ride!!! The new restaurant outside is great!

Morrocco is very pretty in architecture, but I don't care for the food there.

Japan and China are fun but not my favs at this point.

Sad to say, we usually skip over America.....

for my 2 sons, definitely Japan. they LOVE to spend hours shopping for candy!
for me, i really love Norway. i love EVERYTHING about it especially Maelstrom!

If put to a family vote Japan would win. Shopping, food and the Candy Lady!!!

My favorite is Germany. It has such great shops (LOVE the stein store and the christmas shop!) and Biergarten is a place I could eat at everyday. Beautiful design and the little train area next to it is wonderful as well.

But otherwise I basically agree with the long list posted earlier. Mexico has done just a fantastic job with their pavilion. The theming is impeccable, the restaurant there is great with the volcano backdrop, the artificial night, the tequila, just perfect.

I also agree that the American pavilion is a big disappointment. Maybe I've missed a big piece of it, maybe it is because I am American thus get to see "America" everyday, but it seems hollow. The Hall of Presidents is a bit stodgy as well, I can think of lots of moments in American history that could be presented in a more interesting and dynamic way.

Still, WS is a marvel, I can only hope the rumors (long winded though they may be) of some new countries comes true. I ocassionally google earth Epcot and seeing all that empty space between countries (especially the massive gap next to Germany) fills me with hope that they can get some more in there sooner rather than later (I know, worldwide economic turmoil isn't the best time).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter