What is your favorite Value and Moderate Resort?

disney631

Mouseketeer
Trying to decided what hotel to stay at. We have stayed at POR and loved everything about it. Thinking about trying a different resort.

Favorite value is POP (even over AoA-LM room) and our favorite moderate is POFQ with Coronado Springs a close second.

Personally, we don't like the values (we've stayed at a couple and won't be going back). The Coronado gets our vote for favorite moderate...but in fairness it is the only one we have stayed at (10 times); if we couldn't get Coronado if we stayed moderate again, we'd pick POR-Riverside (the other two don't appeal to us).

For Value-
I would have to go with Pop! It is our favorite because it is bright and so fun! There are fun games at the pool and a wide variety of music, you can't help but be in a great mood! The pool bar is awesome, and their food court has a good selection. Yes, the rooms are smaller, but we don't spend much time in them! Also, the buses have always been good when we've visited.

For Moderate-
We like CBR. The theme is relaxing, and the grounds are pretty. The food court is not as good, but the pool makes up for it! It is a bit spread out, so buses can be a challenge.

Hope this helps!

We've only ever stayed at POR.....and that one totally gets my vote. The other moderates don't even appeal to us.

All Star Music
Coronado Springs/Port Orleans Riverside tie

VALUE:
#1 POP

Possible #2 - I would really like to try AoA LM room, only drawback would be distance from main hub and buses. It would be more than double the walk for us that we have now at POP in a far room. Pool looks awesome and love the food court.

MODERATE:
#1 Coronado Springs
For overall resort, main pool area, room comfort and transportation.

#2 Port Orleans Riverside
For beauty of resort, boat to DTD and Food Court. Last stay was in a Royal Room so we did get a wee bit spoiled on that one.

I have stayed at AoA and Music(X2).
I prefer Music.
I should have known I would dislike AoA because I'm not a fan of Huge Icon as Decoration themes.

I've stayed at POFQ(X2). I really love POFQ.

My only other stay was Beach Club. Which I liked as well.

My next trip is POR (mom liked the Royal Rooms) and the one after that is Music, but I'm thinking of switching to POFQ. Did I mention I really love FQ. :rotfl:

Favourite value pop.

Favourite mod-pofq.

don't have a resort which we've disliked,but totally loved pofq and okw.:goodvibes

I don't love the value resorts but do them whenever money is an issue. They're not bad imo but just often feel overpriced for what they are. If I had to pick one I would pick pop. I've stayed at all 3 allstars and pop but never at AoA. For the moderates I've stayed at them all and I like por the best with second place a tie between pofq and csr. with cbr i don't like that they never went to queen beds and sometimes i like the spread out feeling there and other times it seems to big.

I've never stayed at a value. My favorite moderate is POR, and I've stayed at all of them!

CBR - Pretty resort, very spread out, but was the first resort we stayed at on property, and the pirate rooms hold a special place in my heart.:)
POFQ - Intimate and easy to get to everything, and also has the boat to DTD.
CSR - Very spread out. The main pool (dig site) was so far away and a very long walk. We were right by a quiet pool, however, and swam there.
POR - We're like ya'll - just love everything about this resort!

we loved our first resort ever...Port Orleans French Quarter...it was so quiet and loved the atmosphere..
our favorite value is All Star Movies...loved the atmosphere when we took the grandkids and the food court is better then the moderate FQ...

My favorite moderate is POFQ and I'll be there in about three weeks! I really like the small size of the resort. I've only stayed at AS Music and AS Movies and would lean towards Movies as being the best of the two.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter