What is your favorite US "non-Disney" resort type vacation spot???

One of our favorites so far has been Seattle. We had a fantastic time and cannot wait to go back. We shopped Pike Market, used the items to make dinner, had a fun nosh as you walk lunch. We took a tour to Mount Rainier, did the aquarium, saw the King Tut exhibit and the Chihuly museum. It was fantastic and such an easy city to get around on the train.

This winter we plan to go back to Clearwater beach area, so much fun stuff to do. Dh wants to fish, Dd likes to swim and I like to sit in the sand and read a good book.

Depending on your budget, we stayed in a condo here last summer with a group of families. Lots to do at the resort (gated community), plus you have Wildwood boardwalk close by (there is even a shuttle from the resort), and Cape May.

http://www.seapointerealty.com/

I don't know of any teens who don't love Wildwood, with the rides, waterparks, games, and food (plus the beach).

San Diego is wonderful.

We really loved Yellowstone a long with a stop in Jackson Hole

Branson is another family favorite. Really family freindly. Lots of things to do and several big resort complexes.

We are thinking of going to Myrtle Beach the end of April, but I'm worried about choosing a place to stay that isn't a dump when we get there. I read a bunch of reviews on tripadvisor but most seem pretty mixed. Any suggestions?

We are going in July and have stayed here 2 other times:

http://www.kingstonplantation.com/accommodations/embassy-suites-myrtle-beach-oceanfront-resort/

We have never had a problem and breakfast is included. There is also a Hilton on property which is a bit cheaper but we have never stayed there. We stay at the Embassy because it has a sitting area and small kitchen area. My daughter has food allergies so it allows me to bring some food items for her. Actually last time we went, we all wound up eating lunch in the room with the stuff I brought which worked out really well!

Bar Harbor Maine.
You can have lobster at every meal and play in Acadia National Park.

:thumbsup2 Yep, just love that place, and buying the live lobsters from the pound, then cooking them ourselves was the greatest ::yes:: (we're campers).

Also, Smoky Mountain National Park - beautiful, and so relaxing!

We are thinking of going to Myrtle Beach the end of April, but I'm worried about choosing a place to stay that isn't a dump when we get there. I read a bunch of reviews on tripadvisor but most seem pretty mixed. Any suggestions?

We stayed here last summer and got a 3 bedroom condo for a week. It was great! Right on the ocean with easy access to parking. There are options to stay across the street in a little cheaper units, so I don't know about those, but the ocean front units are great!

http://www.caribbeanresort.com/?NCK=1-888-507-8643&cmpid=TA2010URL

We rented from an owner on vrbo and it was great! Not sure I can post a direct link to the owner we rented from, but I can send the information if anyone would like it.

we went to hilton head island in 2010, and it was wonderful. it was also a short drive to savannah, ga, and charleston, sc, so we visited both places. i highly recommend it.

We LOVE Hilton Head Island, perhaps even more than a Disney vacation. Wonderful for families or adults! :thumbsup2

Cape Hatteras National Seashore, Hatteras Island, NC
Eat, sleep,fish, drink, beach, lighthouse, eat, sleep, fish, drink, lighthouse...repeat
Ahhhhh!

Close to home, we like going to Door County, WI for a long weekend. We stay in a cute hotel, go kayaking, rent bikes, do wine tastings, walk around the cute towns and just relax.

My favorite non-Disney trip has been to Costa Rica. We did ziplining and whitewater rafting near Arenal volcano then drove to the coast for some beach fun.

My vote is Hawaii! My coworker has two children they did a ranch somewhere in Colorado I believe, her kids loved it!

Our favorite non-Disney trips have been an Alaskan cruise (well this was on DCL but I'm thinking non Disney park trip) & Sedona,AZ/Grand Canyon and San Francisco/Yosemite. We'd gladly do any of these again.
When we're on a tight budget, Williamsburg has a lot to do. We can easily spend a week here and not do it all. It's only a 45 min ride to VA Beach as well so we do take a day trip there for some down time/beach time.

I've never been, but I really want to go to Hilton Head. Looks like some really nice resorts and fun things to do there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter