What is Your Favorite Trinket You Bought in DL?

pokee99

Mouseketeer
Of course, no DL experience would be complete without some SHOPPING!

I really enjoyed a lot of the shops on Main Street (the Candy Palace being a big favorite) and also really liked Engine Ears Toys and the souvenir shop at DCA (the one on the left by guest relations just as you enter - is it called Sunshine Plaza?).

Anyway, Engine Ears had a really great assortment of toys (lots of Club Penguin Stuff, the build your own Mr. Potato Head + disney themed pieces for $20, plus lots of princess stuff). The souvenir shop had disney pens/pencils (shaped like the characters) - which I could not find anywhere else, an assortment of disney bags, a great assortment of t-shirts, magnets, keychains, pins and photo frames. My favorite purchase from that store was a pair of sterling silver earrings with a mickey charm on each one. Sooo cute!

Probably my favorite purchase was 'mickey ear' hair bobbles and a bracelet from a souvenir shop on main street. I didn't see anything like it in all of the other stores. My daughter wore them yesterday and got so many compliments!

We don't have the Disney stores where we live (anymore :sad:), so I am not sure if these types of things are sold there, but I didn't see any of the above noted stuff at the Disney store in DTD!!!

What are your favorite souvenirs?

I always tend to get mugs, t shirts, vinylmation and whatever catches my eye when I head to the mouse. But my all time fav things bought from both trips to the mouse over 6 months was the individualized name paintings that you can get from the booth across from the Matterhorn enterance:love:. I found a frame that I could put both in, and are hanging on my wall in my office. It's my fav souvie from both trips.

One of my favorites is the World of Color Mickey head (that lights up) keychain. I have it hanging from my purse & get so many comments on it. You just tap it & it lights up!! I could just sit & play with it......oooooohhhhh pretty lights.......lol :rotfl2:

My all-time favorite is the silhouette portrait that we had done at the little shop on Main St next to the crystal shop. It took all but 3 minutes and I have captured forever what my DS and I looked like on his 1st trip to DL as a beautiful piece of simple art (and it is cheap!!)

I got a pair of scrapbooking scissors that cut the edge of the paper to look like Mickey's ears!

My favorite thing was bought for me at Disneyland in 1992 the year Aladdin came out. My Best friend went that year and purchased me a Genie key chain. I have it on my key ring to this day. She cant believe I still have it. I cant part with it. It's a treasure to me.

But now that I have been going for years I have purchased many things. But the one I love so much, and ended up purchasing another after the original fell off my shelf, and broke was a picture frame (Funny again it's Aladdin). It's a blue frame that has a pink/white/blue castle in the bottom right hand corner, and around the frame it says - Every turn a surprise, A place for you and me, A whole new world, A thrilling chase -

My all-time favorite is the silhouette portrait that we had done at the little shop on Main St next to the crystal shop. It took all but 3 minutes and I have captured forever what my DS and I looked like on his 1st trip to DL as a beautiful piece of simple art (and it is cheap!!)

Ditto this! My grandmother had them done of myself, my sister and my 2 brothers in 1976. I had my older kids all done when they were younger in the 90's. We just had one done of my 6 yr old son on his frist trip to DL at christmas and the whole set is displayed down my hallway...they always make me smile. The bonus is when they do the cutout there are 2 so one to keep and one to give! Next up my 2 grand-daughters...I am running out of hallway!

I have a sterling silver charm for my charm bracelet. I got it on my very first trip and I only paid 7 dollars for it. Man that was a LONG time ago.. I think back in 91. Last time I saw a sterling silver charm at Disneyland it was like 22 dollars.

We have not gone to DLR yet (well I went 25 years ago but those trinkets are long gone) but 2 years ago at WDW my mom got DD a pair of those Mickey birthstone earrings.

Super cute, super cheap - and DD does not take them off! She gets upset when I take them off to clean them once in a while. Everytime I see them I think of all the fun we had that trip. I will probably get her another set in a different color when we got to DLR :thumbsup2

A heart shaped watch with Mickey charms on it :lovestruc

Refrigerator magnet of the monorail, that says 3 says, including the one in Spanish. I can't resist pushing that button almost once a day......

Back in the '90s, the souvenirs were awesome! I got some of my best stuff at the Gag Factory in ToonTown, the old New Century Timepieces on Main Street, the old Disneyland Gallery (in NOS), etc.

I've gone through my watch phase, my mug phase, my magnet phase, my snowglobe phase, my pin phase, my book phase, my black t-shirt phase, my notecard/postcard phase, my earrings & hair clip phase, my scultpture/figuring phase, my attraction collection phase (the mini die cast versions of DLR rides, all part of something called the Attraction Collection, I think), my ToonTown & Haunted Mansion light-up house phase, etc., etc.

Let's just say - Disney has gotten a LOT of money out of me over the last few decades!:rotfl2:

Out of all my knick knacks, it's hard to pick my favorite. I love all the stuff I've gotten and am actually kind of picky (though it may not sound like it:rotfl2:).

I love my Mickey ice cream bar magnet, my Mickey lollipop magnet and my Mickey chocolate-covered pretzel magnet. Those have been proudly stuck to my fridge for 11 years.

I also love love love the Attraction collection die cast figures.

And I love love love the series of "gingerbread cookie" oraments and collectibles that debuted during the holiday season of 2007. Those are some of my all time favorites. I love the cookie castle ornament, the picture frame, the snowglobe, the magnets of Mickey and Minnie gingerbread cookies - I love it all.

I also love most of the Halloween stuff with Mickey as a ghost or pumpkin.

I didn't buy these last year, but since I am a sucker for the Disney 'fake food' collectibles, I was really tempted by the Tinkerbell-sitting-on-various-candy-and-cupcake ornaments!

My favorite treasure is my blue "comic strip" handbag I got last July. Every single day (I promise) I get a compliment on that dang purse!! Its hilarious!! My hubby just laughs because it happens ALL the time!!!! Makes everyone want to go to Disney!!! Ive had some great conversations over my handbag :rotfl:

After that, I'd have to say my coffee cups!!! Love drinking my coffee in the morning with something Disney!!!:banana:

A cherrywood Mickey silhouette head clock purchased at GCH Acorn gifts many years ago. Just a circle with ears...classic.

A cherrywood Mickey silhouette head clock purchased at GCH Acorn gifts many years ago. Just a circle with ears...classic.

Dobie - That sounds beautiful! Was it a wall clock or a table-top clock? What a fitting item to be sold at the GCH. I might have even been tempted to get that myself - how much was it? (Not that they sell it anymore...)

Oh man, I have a few! My all time favorite thing was a little Marie doll I got from the store near IASW when I was little. I still have it.

More recently though, I got a shirt/tunic type thing from the store across from Indy. It's an orangey color with a bunch of hidden mickeys on it, I love it! I wear it all the time, and it took me weeks to figure out there were Mickeys on it haha

The last time I went I got a blanket and a pair of Minnie mouse sweat pants, and I love them both so much. I cuddle with my blanket every night. It's so soft!

You know what, I forgot my most used thing! I got a purse from DL that I use every day. It's red with a bunch of character stamps all over it. I LOVE it. I've never used a purse before, but it's amazing, and has lasted through everything I've put it through! :love:

pichers.jpg

:laughing:

My favorite is a pair of tink earrings. She dangles and is 3d. I wear her when I need a pick me up...must be the extra pixie dust she tends to spread...

I got my first pair on a trip with my family. For some reason the silver finish tarnished. When I went again a few years later, it was for a work convention but we got to spend several days in Disneyland as well. My boss took his family and his little girls loved my Tink earrings which I wore (tarnished) on the plane. I told them she just needed a trip home to Disneyland and she would sparkle again.

When I was shopping on Main Street, I asked a CM if they made my earrings anymore because I wanted to replace them. She went straight to a shelf, found a pair for me and replaced mine at no charge whatsoever!

When I saw my bosses family again, the first thing the amazed little girls noticed was how shiny my Tink earrings had magically become in Disneyland.

Hmmmm..think I'll wear her tomorrow!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter