What is your favorite thing to do on an Adults Only Trip?

Me and my DW have been on 2 adult only trips now (one with in-laws and one with just the two of us) We love the atmosphere in the parks and taking pics with the characters is great even for someone who is a little shy like I am. I have had people say to me its for kids but I guarentee when you walk into MK and see the castle for the first time that you will feel like a kid yourself anyway. I am now 42 and we are booked for next year and so excited. Also on our last adult trip we did the Mickeys Christmas Party and that was brilliant fun. Just relax, enjoy and take it all in :)

I hope I can get my 20 somethings to pose for a couple of character pics! That would be fun since they were much younger the last time they did!

My wife and I have no kids yet, but have taken over 6 adult only trips so far, with 3 more planned over the next 2 years. We love the resorts and restaurants. We go to the parks most every day (almost always hopping) and enjoy the rides. We love just strolling around and enjoying the scenery. We often walk 30,000 steps a day in Disney World, which is an awesome way to spend a vacation, while also making us feel better about the great food we eat.

The lounges are awesome around the resorts for a drink. Also enjoy strolling in the three "other" parks that sell an assortment of beers.

I have been hearing great things about Disney Springs, at which we plan to spend a couple evenings during our next trip. Also excited about seeing La nouba this year.

Don't let others make you feel guilty for your adult Disney trip. The reality is Disney is easier and often more fun without kids. That said, we look forward to traveling to Disney with our future kids.

Disney World is a bit like Vegas, but cleaner, without all the smoke, and with lots of included entertainment. The resorts at Disney are also more palatial and relaxing.

I like exploring the different deluxe resorts and stoping to enjoy a meal or have a drink. A bonus would be to visit these resorts around the holidays to enjoy the decorated lobbies.

We like to be able to just go with the flow. If we feel like staying until close, we do. If we feel like sleeping in, we do. We park hop at will, we visit the resorts, we dine at the signature restaurants and do afternoon tea.

Wild Afrika Trek
Keys To The Kingdom Tour
Jiko Wine Tasting
Steam Train Tour
Epcot World Tour
Archery Lessons at Fort Wilderness
Evening carriage ride at Fort Wilderness
Listening to music at Mizners Lounge
Pirates and Pals Fireworks cruise ( we were the only ones there with no children and still had a great time)
Trader SAMs after 8pm
Riding the Crescent Lake Boat loop- Beach Club,Boardwalk,"Swalphin", Epcot
AMC movies Fork and Dine
Splitsville Bowling
House of Blues Sunday Gospel Brunch
Upstairs Sushi Lounge at Morimoto Asia
Lunch at Sanaa and watch the animals while eating
Be seriously competitive at Toy Story Mania ride
Ask each photo pass photog if they do Magic Shots and get fun pics of the two of you
Take a break on the MK train- go around a few times- then ride Dumbo( I have height and motion issues,but still have fun- same with Soarin)
Take your time doing the Worlds at Epcot
Stop at the Firehouse in MK and pick up Socerer Cards and map and make an attempt to play ( we eventually do give up)
Make an app't for a haircut at the barbershop in MK- you might get seranaded! They are real stylists and do a good job
Take the raft over to Tom Sawyer Island and sit on the rockers to take a midday break
Country Bear Jamboree is dated,but still funny and you get a short rest
The American President show- the amniatronics is fascinating but boring for children
Take the Riverboat ride around the lake- quiet relaxing downtime.....then go to Haunted Mansion
The backstory,decorations and servers bad jokes could only be truly appreciated by adults in Skippers Canteen

I'm going on my first solo trip on December and I'm planning on doing most of the things on your list! sounds awesome! :D

This year I am bringing my boyfriend to Disney, he has never been. It will be my first time going as an adult (and without family). I have been so excited for it to just be the two of us and enjoy everything! However people have been questioning my adults only trip by saying "isn't WDW for kids?" I, of course, know this isn't true! My questions for everyone is:

Have you ever been on an adults only trip?
What was your favorite thing to do on an adults only trip?
Has anyone made fun of you for going without kids?
My first time at WDW was when I was 12, in 1980. Since then, I have been there over 20 times. Since I am 48 now, I would say over two thirds of my visits have been as an adult. And, as an adult, I have met a large amount of other adults that love WDW as well and go often, some even have yearly passes and others belong to the DVC. While some go to take their kids, others go after their kids have left home, and others go who never had kids. If you read some 'Imagineer' books out there, many refer to WDW as a park built for both children and adults, with rides for all. They specifically built the parks to appeal to kids and adults alike.

There is nothing wrong with adults having an active inner-child. If we did not, there would be no WDW, because it was built by adults with highly active inner children -- starting with Walt himself. Anyone who tells you "WDW is just for children" has sadly forgotten how to view the world in some of the most joyous ways. While at the parks, you can do anything you like. No ride is off limits. What I would say benefits you as an adult is that you can now see the parks both as a child AND as an adult. There is beauty everywhere you look, much which as children we overlooked. WDW has a lot of hidden beauty, some that you need to look carefully to find. Many books and guides share some of these things that you might otherwise miss if you're not looking. As children, we often wanted to run from one ride to another in a bit of a frenzy. As adults, you can stroll through Main Street the way Walt intended it: with a nostalgic feel of times long gone. The architecture of Main Street is truly magnificent and there is amazing detail...as well as some nice inside secrets you miss, unless you know they are there. The castle itself is not only incredible to behold, but you can spend some time looking at the mosaic designs, all built by hand, one piece of beautiful glass at a time. There are also 'Hidden Mickeys' to look for. So, after all this I can say, yes, as an adult, prepare to discover a whole other side of Disney you might have never seen before! I suggest you do some reading and researching upfront, so that by the time you get there you will be ready to look for even more amazing things you never knew were there. I am going alone next October and it will be an amazing time for me.

:tigger:

I will tell you exactly what I told the young couple with three children as we stood in line waiting for the bus to the Magic Kingdom when they asked "Wow, at your age (we are in our 60's), what do you guys do here at WDW?" "We do everything you do without the crying, frequent bathroom stops, complaining they want to go on a ride that has a two hour wait and you don't want to wait, not having to purchase a lot of toys, shirts, and other stuff in the shops. We have never enjoyed the parks so much since we stopped taking our kids and then our grandkids. We do all of the character meals, we get our pictures taken with all the characters in the Parks, we dance in the parade. I still treasure the times we spent with family in the park, but going, just the two of us is the only way we will ever go from now on.
Love it!!! it is So true!!!!!

All my trips so far have been adults only. Yes, occasionally someone who doesn't understand Disney parks will assume that you have kids or will say they don't go because they don't have kids. This is their own ignorance, and is no reflection on you. Too bad they are missing out on a whole world of fun by assuming it's all just kid stuff.

Favorite things to do there -- water taxis, Yehaa Bob show, Jellyrolls, monorail to Epcot, meet as many characters as possible, look for characters I've never met, try a restaurant that is new to me, re-visit my favorite restaurants, meet up for a meal with other nice people from DisBoards, explore the resorts, stay in more than one resort during the same trip, DisneyBound, go to MNSSHP, have a meal at the food kiosks for Flower and Garden or Food and Wine, enjoy the scenery.

Booze, food, and afternoon delights.

Just keepin' it real.

This right here. Honestly, Disney makes it so easy for adults. You always have a designated (bus, monorail, boat) driver. It's super easy to find a reservation for 2 for just about any restaurant. If you don't bother with ADRs, you can normally find a spot at the bar. And in my situation, no kids = more disposable income which means the ability to stay deluxe for a quick trip back for an afternoon "nap" :cool1:

Since starting my career 3 years ago, I have taken an adult-only trip 3 times. I think I'm adulting right ;) I do all the things I would never do with kids! The restaurants, strategic park plans, taking my time to casually stroll through areas I want to explore, the beverages and snacks I wouldn't want to share, and not having to worry about little ones. I'm sure in the future I would love to take children with me, but the trips definitely won't be the same!! My favourite thing I've done is see how many times we could do our favourite ride in one day- Tower of Terror. Last time I went with my sister, we beat our record with 13 rides- when she called it quits. We even did most of the rest of the park and had an afternoon nap.

Have you ever been on an adults only trip?
What was your favorite thing to do on an adults only trip?
Has anyone made fun of you for going without kids?

All of our trips have been 'adult only'. It is just DW and I, no kids. We've been going at least yearly for over 20 years. Now that I am retired we snowbird near Disney.

I think our favorite thing to do was when we stayed on site at the Boardwalk. We would be at a park at rope drop in the morning, head back to the hotel for an afternoon break (nap), then wander over to Epcot in the evening. Through the international Gateway into the World Showcase. Just enjoy the "Disney immersion". Grab a snack or a QS meal somewhere along the way. Maybe stay and watch Illuminations. Maybe wander back to the Boardwalk, get some ice cream and find a bench to sit and relax. No fancy, expensive dinners. No 'every hour of the day must be somewhere' plan. Just enjoying the ambience that Disney has created.

Of course 'people' made fun of us. Usually it was people that had never been to WDW. Or had been once and had <chose your favorite Disney disaster>. Didn't bother me. We like going to Disney. Some people go to the beach. Some go to the mountains. Some travel around the world. We go to Disney. To each his own.

Your story sounds a bit like the one of my wife's nephew and his wife, no kids. The wife loves Disney, had visited many times. He had never been. He was willing to go but was sure he wasn't going to enjoy it. We met them in AK on the second day of their first visit together. He was having a blast! Loved the rides. Loved the atmosphere. He was a convert!

Wishing you and your husband a magical trip!

Now that we are empty nesters, my husband and I go a couple of times a year, just to enjoy Adult Disney.

We love tours - we usually try a different one every few trips.

We love to Drink Around the World Showcase (though we take it slow - usually takes a couple of days and we share snacks and drinks) and we also do the Monorail Drink-a-Thon (an earlier poster mentioned this) - for both we get the inexpensive passports online (just google either), which make it like a game.

We always do at least one signature meal.

We love Jellyrolls (a dueling piano bar on the Boardwalk).

Most of all, we take it slow, soaking in the atmosphere and magic. We relax in our pool. We ride just our favorite rides.

If the budget allows, stay at a Deluxe resort. It makes a HUGE difference in how the trip "feels" and there's a lot more entertainment/restaurants geared towards adults the Deluxe resorts.

DH and I went on our first adults trip last month and we did a lot of things that we don't do when we have our kids.

*Keys to the Kingdom Tour
*Got picture taken with characters (usually we just let the kids meet them and take photos)
*Took afternoon naps (the kids always want to swim)
*Had more than one trip around the World Showcase at a leisurely pace, enjoying the drinks...
*Enjoyed a couple restaurants that they don't like.

Trader Sam's outside at night while the Hawaiian music player is there. It's expensive, but so much fun and the view is unbelievable!

One of my favourite things on our last trip was afternoon tea at the Grand Floridian. Everything was just so laid back and chilled out it really relaxed us. And for once I felt like a proper adult lol (i'm 32 :tongue:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter