• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is Your Favorite St. Thomas Excursion?

What is your favorite St. Thomas Excursion?

• Skyride to Paradise Point

• Historic Blackbeard's Hill & Walking Tour

• Coral World

• Island Tour--St. Thomas or St. John

• Atlantis Submarine

• Water Island Mountain Bike Adventure

• Snorkeling--Tell which one

• Golf

• Certified Scuba

• St. John Eco Hike

• Magens Bay Beach Break

• Other--Specify

Results are only viewable after voting.

CaptainJack

Captain Jack does NOT stop and ask for directions!
We loved the submarine. The girls went on it in 2001 when they were 7 and still talk about it.

We love the skyride than snorkling at Secret harbour on the east side. It isn't on an excursion and it is very quiet. There is food, facilities, and a small shop. Plus it is over by Coral World just in case.

Have a great trip.

Someone please tell me more about the St. Thomas tour. I am planning to do it with my parents (ages 65/72) the only thing they are worried about are bathrooms. Any ideas on if some are available? (I know it is only a 2.5 hour tour, but do they stop at places where restrooms would be availabe if needed)

Also, is the tour even any good? Worth the $$$?

Thanks!
Jennifer

The Doubloon Sail and Snorkle was the best excursion we have ever been on.

Steve

We LOVED the Eco hike on St. John. It is such a gorgeous island! It starts with a boat ride over to St. John, then right away - a guided hike (not too strenuous) to a gorgeous look-out (brought tears to my eyes). Then down to Honeymoon Beach (gorgeous) for some GREAT body surfing and lounging - my 2 DS's LOVED that part. Also a tour of the rum factory ruins. All in all - a GREAT time. :goodvibes

Doubloon Sail and Snorkle was the best excursion we have ever been on.

That was our favorite too! We loved swimming around with the sea turtles. It was amazing and the crew was a lot of fun!

I know it's not in the list of choices, but we just came back from a Carnival Cruise that took us to St. Thomas as one of the stops and used a non-Disney excursion called Godfrey Tours http://www.godfreytoursvi.com/. For $25/person he took us shopping, on a tour of the island and then our choice of beach. It was one of the best things we've ever done on St. Thomas.

Well we went on one of the St. John catamaran - snorkling excursions. Unfortunately the weather was cloudy and a bit cool and the sea was pretty rough. My family did not have any problems with sea sickness, but there were problably 10 or 12 people loosing their breakfast over the side of the boat during the ride there. When we got to the cove where we were to snorkle, there were an awful lot of other boats there and the water was very cloudy from the rough seas and all the people snorkling. I felt like I was snorkling late in the day at CC. I'm sure that our experience may not be the norm for that excursion, but I don't think I would vote for it.

It's funny, but we had a much better expierence with a catamaran - snorkling excursion at Nassua on a 4 day cruise we took the year before.

We did the Submarine tour in 2004 when my son was 6. He and I loved it and still talk about it today. My tag fairy tag even references it :thumbsup2

We did the Magens Bay Beach Break last month- but we did it on our own ;)
$3 per person for beach admission and then $8 each way per person for the cab. It worked out much cheaper then the Disney excursion & we could leave the ship after we ate and return just before all aboard!

Hey! I was wondering if someone could tell me more about this excursion. Is it even listed on Capt. Jack's poll? Would it be appropriate for children 6 & 8 yrs. old? Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter