What is your favorite spa service and why?

I would wait till your on board cause they offer specials. But I do like the hot stones...so relaxing!!

Rasul. Reasonably raced for two people, private sauna and showers, and you get to try a kt of the products they sell at the spa as part of the treatment.

The Alone Time in the Spa Villas hands down! 2 hours for about $199. Can't beat it! It is heavenly.

Jill in CO

Another vote for the Alone Time in the spa villas! If you do a search you can find some detailed reviews of it, but basically it starts with a foot cleansing ritual, followed by a relaxing soak in the hot tub (private on the verandah), following by whichever treatment you choose (I like the ginger lime salt scrub with half body massage) followed by fruit and tea on the verandah's double chaise lounge. Heavenly! The whole experience takes a couple of hours, and goes for $199.

The Frangipani scalp treatment! It's only about $26.00 and was so relaxing I fell asleep. You can read about it on the Salon menu. Best deal on the ship!

I've had the ginger lime salt scrub with 1/2 massage and it's great! Leaves your skin feeling so soft and glowing! However, I also love the 50-60 minute full body massage...very relaxing!

I would wait till your on board cause they offer specials. But I do like the hot stones...so relaxing!!

OK I'm confused. Why would I not be able to utilize the special on board as long as I have reservations for that same day? For instance, if I booked my massage on the first day, which they usually run specials, why could I not take advantage of the special? Do you have to make a new reservation?

If you happen to have reservations for the treatment they happen to have on special, you can get the discount. However, the specials tend to be for treatment combos that aren't offered on their regular menu of services. For example, $99 for a mini-facial, half body massage and scalp treatment.

We've done the couples cabana massage on Castaway Cay -- very, very nice.

We tend to spend most of our spa time in the Rainforest -- LOVE IT beyond words.

We've been wondering about the Villas; seems pricy but sounds wonderful.

I've been tempted to take advantage of the Ladies Day specials before but never had time. As we're repeating this year's Western again next year, maybe I will find the time!

They usually do run a travelers special the first day. After booking so many in advance on past cruises I always wait now till I get on board to book. But if you do want the alone time it fills up so you might want to get a spot.
I have done castaway cabana massage, hot stones massage, couples massage,alone time massage,deep tissue massage, mini back and neck massage on deck and travelers massage (special on board first day)They are all good. You could take advantages of specials as long as you have time and money for it but I think your spa treatments have to be canceled within 24 hours notice to avoid cancel fee.
I prefer to ask for a certain person to massage ....so another reason I wait. Thats what I learned after 5 Disney cruises.

The Frangipani scalp treatment! It's only about $26.00 and was so relaxing I fell asleep. You can read about it on the Salon menu. Best deal on the ship!

This sounds relaxing :cloud9:! Do you get the rainforest pass if you just book this for the day?

This sounds relaxing :cloud9:! Do you get the rainforest pass if you just book this for the day?

Generally you must buy the Rainforest pass separately. There are a few treatments that include a Rainforest pass but most do not.

Jill in CO

Cabana Massage on Castaway Cay.

We did this twice and then skipped it after that. The idea of a massage in a private cabana is nicer than the actual experience, IMHO. They are very expensive. In addition, we were in wet swimsuits the first time so having to put on a wet swimsuit after the massage wasn't much fun. The second time we had dry suits but it was a chilly day so the window wasn't even open on the cabana. The massage is actually short, 50 minutes or less. Then they spend time trying to get you to buy the products they used.

When we were at CC in April, we spent the day on the adult only beach and loved it. Our morning fishing trip was canceled so we just enjoyed the beach, had lunch, walked in the water. It was very relaxing! I think I will plan on the same thing for future trips.

I second the vote for the Rasul treatment. My husband and I always book it on the first morning of our cruise. It is so relaxing, and we get to try all the spa products. My husband isn't a big spa person so he likes that it's just the two of us without any attendants.

For those who don't know what it is ... you have a private couple steam room with showers and they give you about 10 different body and face treatments ... including mud. You apply them to each other and veg in the steam room.

Afterward you're taken to another room to relax with a glass of champagne. The cost is $89 per couple for the 50-minute treatment.

I second the vote for the Rasul treatment. My husband and I always book it on the first morning of our cruise. It is so relaxing, and we get to try all the spa products. My husband isn't a big spa person so he likes that it's just the two of us without any attendants.

For those who don't know what it is ... you have a private couple steam room with showers and they give you about 10 different body and face treatments ... including mud. You apply them to each other and veg in the steam room.

Afterward you're taken to another room to relax with a glass of champagne. The cost is $89 per couple for the 50-minute treatment.

Any reason not to book this before getting on the boat?

I would definitely book before boarding in order to get the best time. I haven't seen Disney offer an on-board special for the Rasul.

The cool thing about it is that you get to experience a private room in the spa without spending a lot of money. Then you can book additional treatments if you like. My husband ... again who is not a spa fan ... said it was the best bargain on the ship.

Hope that info helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter