What is your favorite souvenirs from WDW?

I love the art I've gotten! And penny presses are the best! (And cheap) :)

My oldest and most favourite souvenir is a wooden Snow White music box that my Dad bought me on our last Disneyland trip together at least 25 years ago. However, when I go to the parks now, I always pick up a Christmas ornament for our tree and I also watch for Disney cookbooks that I don't have. Along that same line, you can also ask for recipes at some of the restaurants, so perhaps you could ask for and try to collect one from each trip. I know that I was able to get one from Wolfgang Puck's several years ago. I'm not sure how common it is for places to offer them, but the one I got was actually printed out on a little recipe card. Other souvenirs we have gotten include a certificate, hair clippings, and a "My First Haircut" pair of Mickey ears from our son's first haircut at the Harmony Barber Shop, a whole pile of unique Mr. Potato Head pieces from Once Upon a Toy that have gotten TONS of use, and t-shirts. Of course the best souvenirs of all are the memories...they are always one of a kind with no two experiences being exactly alike!

My favorite Disney souvenir was a gift from someone else's trip! My former co-worker got me an Alice in Wonderland teabag/spoon caddy that I fell in love with. On my own, I found the tea-for-one set that matched on eBay and then DSIL surprised me with another one when she went later that year.

My favorite one that I bought for myself is my stuffed Sully holding Mike. I laugh whenever I look at it because I BEGGED my husband to relax the 'no stuffies larger than your hand' rule so I could get it. Oh yes, 42 years old at the time and I was worse than any child begging for a toy.

I just thought of a couple of other "souvenirs" (I'll use that term loosely!) that I have picked up to remind me of our Disney vacations. I don't tend to collect a lot of stuff, but I do love the emotions tied to more sensory items. As a few examples, I enjoy recreating some of our favourite Disney meals at home (see recipe suggestion above) and have made a few things such as the Triple Berry Fruit Cobbler that we had at Artist Point and the Cheddar Soup from Le Cellier. On our last trip, we stayed at the Wilderness Lodge and I absolutely loved the H2O+ shampoo, conditioner and lotion. When I got home, I went online to H2OPlus and ordered some for myself (you can find them listed under Body & Spa: Disney Resort Amenities). Every single time I use them, the scent just carries me back to our stay. The other thing that I find that I really relate to and find myself "collecting" is music...not necessarily the same songs from the movies that you hear often, but unique versions of the more common songs, songs that remind me of particular rides or experiences like parades, and even songs that are played in the background at resorts and "lands". As an example, you can search online for "Disney Wilderness Lodge Playlist" and find a list of their lobby music, but I'm sure you can find lists of songs for many of the areas in the park and I am pretty sure they sell CDs of music in a number of the stores.

Anyway, I know most people wouldn't probably consider these suggestions true souvenirs, but for some, they might provide alternatives to bringing home yet another trinket to dust.

T shirts, paper coasters from the French Quarter way back in 1999 amazingly those are still going strong use them in my bedroom, not bad for something free. love my music boxes esp now that I have nice glassed in cases to keep them in. Mickey trivets I have 2 1 on each side of stove on counter top but I can move them where ever I need them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter