• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is your favorite signature restaurant?

lissiesmum

DIS Veteran
I'm thinking of trying one out and using 2TS credits off the dining plan. Which one has the best food/atmosphere/bang for your buck so to speak? I know Jiko is first on my list, and maybe Cali Grille since we're staying at the CR...what do you recommend? (and what would you recommend eating?) I notice at some restaurants, they list flatbreads before entrees. If you do the deluxe dining plan, is this considered an appetizer?

Best from food-only-standpoint: Flying Fish; I think their food is a significant cut above most other WDW places. I think their entire menu is fabulous.

Best overall experience: Cali Grill during fireworks

Most elegant: Citrico's (but I've had great meals and not-great)

Best vibe: Jiko; I've been very lucky with getting great servers and having really nice, relaxing meals.

Most overrated: Yachtsman Steakhouse

Most underrated: Hollywood Brown Derby; my favorite within any of the parks.

Regarding flatbreads, I think they count as an appetizer. I know I've ordered them on Premium/Platinum Plans...not sure about DxDP (but since the price is usually lower than the appetizers I don't see why you couldn't).

Wow, thanks for the run-down. I would have never even though of the Flying Fish...I"ll have to check out the menu! :thumbsup2

Flying Fish for us as well; fabulous food and service every time we've dined there.

Bistro Paris is also exceptional but they don't accept the dining plan - you would have to pay out of pocket for dinner there but it's totally worth it.

CA Grill is good but has been inconsistent; Citricos was very good but we've only dined there once. Jiko has also been very good for us.

Narcoossee's was mediocre - if you want seafood go to Flying Fish.

Artist Point was a terrible meal for us - we will never darken their door again. :laughing:

Flying Fish and Jiko are our top choices. Yachtsman was not worth the price to us, we felt the steaks at other places such as Le Cellier were just as good for a lower price. We like the seafood entrees at Narcoossee's but when we tried Flying Fish we found it to be much better! The noise inside CG made it hard for us to want to go back.... we were surrounded by screaming kids and it seemed like all it did was echo.

Jiko is our favorite. Beautiful restaurant, warm, friendly servers and excellent food and wine.
We go each trip
Have a Great Time

Best from food-only-standpoint: Flying Fish; I think their food is a significant cut above most other WDW places. I think their entire menu is fabulous.

Best overall experience: Cali Grill during fireworks

Most elegant: Citrico's (but I've had great meals and not-great)

Best vibe: Jiko; I've been very lucky with getting great servers and having really nice, relaxing meals.

Most overrated: Yachtsman Steakhouse

Most underrated: Hollywood Brown Derby; my favorite within any of the parks.

Regarding flatbreads, I think they count as an appetizer. I know I've ordered them on Premium/Platinum Plans...not sure about DxDP (but since the price is usually lower than the appetizers I don't see why you couldn't).

^^^ This is sound advice which we will tuck away for future reference. I know Chicago has some of the BEST restaurants in the country. We used to live there (14 yrs.), so coming from a fellow 'Chicagoan', we'll trust your assessment. :thumbsup2

California Grill will be my favorite. Time it with the fireworks for a fantastic evening.

We would rate Yachtsman as the best right now. That's something that changes over time since most of the signature restaurants are very close. Other favorites are Artist Point, Jiko, Citrico's and Flying Fish, more or less in that order. Again, you won't go wrong with any of them.

We loved California Grill, Narcoosee's and Citrico's. My 7 1/2 year old twins loved Citrico's so much they've requested it for their 8th birthday dinner when we are back at Disney in March.

Susan

Flying Fish is the best, second would be Citricos.

After our icky meal at Jiko this past Nov I dont think we will be going back there....

Cali Grill was amazing too

If you are not doing the dining plan BlueZoo tops them all!

We always enjoy California Grill...it's a must do for us. But because of some really great reviews we'll also be trying Flying Fish for the first time in March!!!

My favorite was California Grill. We've also eaten at Jiko's, Narcoosee's & Hollywood Brown Derby (all were good).

The flatbread does count as an appetizer for Deluxe Dining.

I'm of little help to you. Jiko and California Grill are my numbers one and two as well. There is so much good to order on the California Grill menu that I couldn't begin to advise. Basically, if it sounds like you will like it, you probably will. I love the filet with macaroni and cheese from Jiko. I always look through the menu when we go there and briefly entertain the idea of getting something else, but it always comes back to the filet for me.

DH and I went to Flying Fish last month and thought it was fabulous! We sat at the Chef's Table (I think that's what they called it). We got to know another couple who was also sitting there, and got to chat with the chef while we were waiting for our dinner. We'll definitely be going back there on our next trip.

We have never been to Cali Grill. They used to require jackets for men eons ago when it was called "Top of the World". SO DH scratched them off the list and they haven't made it back on even though they stopped the requirement long long ago.

We Love Artist Point and Brown Derby. Jiko did not impress us that much. I did not like the restaurant design.
Flying Fish was very good, but the meal was just too rich for us. We were so stuffed, we could not enjoy returning to the park later that evening.

This trip we are trying Citricos.

Flying Fish is our favorite.

Citricos would be second but we've had some non-stellar meals here which offset the amazing meals we've had.

Jiko would be third because of the appetizers. The food longer as good as it was a few years ago.

Ca Grill has a great view and good sushi but oh, the noise, the noise...

Brown derby gets bad press but we've never had a bad meal here and the ahi tuna entree has been one of the best I've had anywhere.

Yachtsman and Artist Point are okay but nothing special.

Narcoosees has been very disappointing the last two visits.

The less than outstanding meals I've had at Brown Derby have all been at lunch. I was disappointed that the oyster & brie soup that I fell in love with in the spring was no longer on the menu in September or December. I was told by my server that if I called before I was coming next time, they could probably have it available :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter