• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is your favorite shampoo/conditioner?

luvmylittleboy2003

DIS Veteran
I just read in another post that rotating shampoo/conditioner is good for the hair/scalp.
My scalp tends to be oily (ever since having ds :sad2:) and my hair very dry. Really a bad combo...
So I'm looking for some ideas to add to my current fav.
What are you using & loving right now & what type of hair/scalp (sounds funny :lmao:) do you have???

I'm not as particular about shampoos - I like the newer stuff that "softens" your hair (ie. Aussie's Silky Smooth, Pantene's silky something or other).

But I INSIST on Matrix Biolage Detangling Solution for a conditioner.

My hair is VERY thick, coarse, and wavy. It also has a tendency to get oily. I don't have to use much of that stuff to get it feeling good so the cost is very much worth it.

I rotate b/t Biolage Hydratherapie and Kenra's Moisturizing shampoo and conditioner.

I have a really dry scalp and over processed hair. :sad2: I've found both work really well, so I'd recommend either one.

I will def. check out the Biolage :thumbsup2!! I'll be heading to the mall tomorrow and will stop by Trade Secrets or JCPenny & see what deals they have.

Yes, the Biolage Detangling solution is a great conditioner that will not leave your hair heavy or oily!!! :thumbsup2

I have thick, dry, hair... and I have been using Tresemme Smooth and Silky... You can pick it up anywhere for usually less than $4.00 for the big bottle...

I have tryed many of the 'salon' products that are much more expensive. And this seems to be just as good.

DH likes Pert Plus but it's never enough conditioner for me

I use the cheap stuff, Suave shampoo and Suave conditioner or VO5

I use Scruples, Herbal Essence, Pantene and another brand I get at the beauty supply store that I cannot remember the name of right now?:confused3 Bumble and Bumble has some good stuff too.

I use Matrix Sleek.Look. It's the only thing I've found that smoothes away my frizzy hair and gets me that sleek straight style I want.

I used to use drug store stuff until I figured out this stuff was worth the money.

Bed Head Moisture Maniac. my hair is dry and this stuff is awesome!!

I admit it. I'm a shampoo snob. I LOVE Aveda shampoo - love the smell, how it lathers, everything about it except for the cost.

I water it down and it lasts forever.

I guess I should be switching back and forth between shampoos. If I do it between types of the same brand, does it count? ;)

I admit it. I'm a shampoo snob. I LOVE Aveda shampoo - love the smell, how it lathers, everything about it except for the cost.

I guess I should be switching back and forth between shampoos. If I do it between types of the same brand, does it count? ;)

Oh, I love Aveda shampoo! I can't afford it anymore so I buy the cheap stuff now, poor me (poor me's hair)!

I have to say, the shampoo and conditioner at the Disneyland Hotel is wonderful. No idea what it is but its wonderful. I have two little bottles left from our last trip and I am saving them for that special day. Btw, this is not the same stuff they have in the WDW resort hotels.

I use Aveda. Its the only shampoo that doesn't ruin my color that doesn't leave my hair feeling heavy and droopy. Ive tried every shampoo for colored hair out there and hated everyone of them. LOVE this Aveda.

I will def. check out the Biolage :thumbsup2!! I'll be heading to the mall tomorrow and will stop by Trade Secrets or JCPenny & see what deals they have.

I buy all my hair products from trade Secrets. Get one of their point cards. You get a point for every dollar you spend.When you get to 200 you get a $20 gift card. If you shop on Tuesdays they double your points. I also shop when they do 20% off the entire store - usually Tuesdays before 11;00

I use Redken - usually for color treaed or the one for soft hair.

I have color treated naturally curly/wavy hair. I love Tresemme (sp) and Finesse. My hair is super dry too and these are my all time go back to favorites. :)

I love the S factor line. Their serious conditioner is like no other. I just started using their Health Factor sulfate free shampoo. Love it. I was using Catwalk Headshot shampoo by TIGI. Love that as well.
Christine

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter