• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is your favorite resort?

PrincessTaylor

Earning My Ears
I would like to know your opinion on you favorite resort.
Please tell me why it is you fav. hotel. My favorite is CBR and WL.

so far bc! its so close to epcot and is very relaxing without feeling isolated. i love the decor the gift shop and cape mays and sab. the staff is also very very good.:goodvibes

The Yacht Club was wonderful! We had a great room. The pool area is awesome, and it was so nice to be able to walk to Epcot and the Boardwalk. We were a quick boat ride away from MGM.

The resort that I would like to stay at but never have is the Contemporary. It is on my to do list! :)

I have stayed at CBR, POFQ and Pop.

I have eaten dinner at the Poly, AKL and the Contemporary.

My dream as a kid was always to stay at the Contemporary and the Poly. However, since staying at Pop for 4 times, I can't stand to go and not stay at Pop.

Pop reminds me of staying at a theme park. It is over-the-top with colorful icons and they play great music by the pool and the place has so much atmosphere. The feeling that I got when I first went to Pop was when I first walk through the gates of a theme park. I never got that with any other resort.

When we were eating dinner at the Contemporary I asked my daughter if she would like to stay at the Contemporary on our next trip or Pop. She said definitely Pop. She said the Contemporary seemed boring.

So far Poly :cloud9: . Love the theme, restuarants, the location on the monorail and the rooms and beds are very comfy too.

The Poly and the WL are our two favorite resorts as we love them both for different reasons :dance3:. The Poly is great because it's got the beach to watch the fireworks, hammocks to relax in, the monorail, bigger rooms, and we love the tropical surroundings ::yes::. The WL is just as great with the gorgeous lobby that features a huge fireplace, an awesome atmosphere, beautiful views of the lake, and amazing decorations during the holidays :santa:.

So far our favorite resort is the Polynesian. We like the Poly for MANY reasons. We stayed in 2006 here.

- When we checked in there was many things for our kids to do. While we checked in they could sit down and watch a disney movie, do coloring pages, read books, and make luaus necklaces.
- We were put on the concierge level for no charge.

- The kids love the pool especially the water slide, and we like watching the electric water paegant on the bay. (it's great view of it!)

- The rooms are very nice and can actually accomodate our family of 5 well.

- The child center "the never club" is very fun and nicely themed for the kids.

- We love that they have all the great restaraunts there too

- We love being able to use the monerail!!!!!

- We love about EVERYTHING about the Poly.

Maybe the Beach Club will beat the Polynesian when we go in 24 days!!!!!
;)

My fave is the Poly ... we've stayed there four times now and can't seem to drag ourselves away. We have managed stays at the Contemporary, Boardwalk Inn and ASMo, and I'm a bit of an architecture buff so I've always had a part of me yearning to stay at WL or AKL because of the terrific "look" of those resorts ... but at the end of the day Dole Whips, Tonga Toast, the Seven Seas Lagoon, the fireworks, both monorail systems ad the MK itself drag us back to the Poly.

My favorite is POR (Alligator Bayou section). :thumbsup2

We have stayed there 6 or 7 times and it simply feels like coming home. We have always been in building 24 (nice and quiet) which is in the back of the resort and right by a quiet pool.

We like the assortment of food at the food court. We also feel that the boat ride to DTD is a most do on every trip....often more than once!!

I also like that this resort is much less expensive than a deluxe. I'm a Days Inn rather than a Hilton kind of gal and this is just the perfect resort for me. I also like the size of the rooms. Don't need anything larger since we use for showering, dressing and sleeping.

Any view is ideal since we don't sit starring out the window anyway...

The Poly is our favorite. We love it so much that we can't tear ourselves away to stay anywhere else. But if we did:
1. Contemporary
2. Wilderness Lodge
3. Y&B Club
All 3 are awesome resorts! I think all of the resorts have something to offer.

the CR is our favorite - love the new rooms, the convenience of walking to MK, the incredible castle view from the tower balcony!

but our dream is to someday stay at the BC during F&W - the convenience of walking to both EP and MGM would be wonderful!!!!

YC is our favorite because of the location, the quiet pool that is never used and the restaurants onsite

I have 3 favorites with GF being #1 (this is me & hubby's romantic getaway)
YC #2 (for the pool and closness to Epcot)
CS #3 (favorite Mod.)

My favorite is Wilderness Lodge. We stayed there for our honeymoon and I just fell in love. I loved the decor, the room, the restaurants, the pool. I really enjoyed taking the boat to MK or Contemporary. It never took us long to get anywhere.

But we like to go to a new resort each visit, so it might be awhile before we get back. :)

For years my favorite has been CBR, but after our trip a few weeks ago, I think maybe POR has taken the lead.

Mine has always been the WLV but we were at ESPN weekend in February this year and stayed at the BWV. It was awesome!! It was wonderful to be that close to two parks. I really enjoyed being able to walk around the lake early in the morning. Can't wait to stay there again.:woohoo:

Love love love the CBR :love:

It's like two vacations - WDW and the relaxed layed back feel of the Carribean :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter