What is your favorite part about being DVC member?

Eh. Those who read my posts know the biggest thing for me about DVC isn't when DW and I go alone although we do that plenty. It's for the times we are able to leverage our stays to bring friends and family that would otherwise either not be able to go at all or at least would cut Disney from the list of places to bring their children because of the expense involved.

I LOVE Disney with a big L. I personally think every child should be able to go at least once (if not 2-3 times in their childhood). However, I have a lot of friends that look at the expense of bringing their kids and their bills and never get around to it. If I were to say to any of these friends that it's important enough for me that I would pay for their hotel, none of them would allow me to do that. I wouldn't either if one of my friends said to me "I really want you to be able to take your son to Texas, so i am going to pay for your hotel" I would tell them absolutely not - I wouldn't accept a cash gift like that. For that matter, I doubt I could pay cash for a hotel room to bring them.

BUT - tell them that you have "free hotel rooms" (And yes, we all know it's not free - we paid for them, and we pay dues against them - but they don't see it that way), THEN it's a different story. They are happy to go with you and stay in a separate room / 2 bedroom suite and bring their kids along. Most of them can come up with a way to pay for transportation (even if they drive), park tickets and food when you remove lodging from the equation.

THAT'S what I get from DVC. It allows me to be a Disney Pusher. :-)

The reasons why we bought turned out to be slightly different from the reasons why we love DVC.

Reasons why we bought:
1. So we could stay at deluxe hotels for about the same price we were paying for value resorts.

Reasons why we love DVC:
1. We get to sleep in a separate room from our son, making it a true vacation for all involved. Regular hotel rooms drive me bananas now!
2. Disney has become a relaxing vacation. Knowing we'll be back allows us to enjoy the resorts and restaurants without feeling like we are missing out on time in the parks. We know we'll be back. We'll ride whatever we missed next time.
3. It really surprises me, but I actually really like bringing friends and family with us. I love it! It's nice to all stay in one huge room and have time together. We don't live near each other, so our DVC provides a gathering place that's fun for all involved.

Staying at Deluxe resorts and being able to go often since we are 2 hours away. We paid cash for our contract, so I feel like when we go we are staying for "free", even though of course we aren't really. But it's nice that we don't have that resort bill at the end. Oh and love that we saved a bunch buying resale.

We paid for our dvc in cash so we just pay the dues a year. We worked out that it has paid for itself now. So for the cost of the dues we get a lovely studio with a kitchenette, balcony and delix fascilities.

We also love the discounted annual pass which we make work for 2 years by going earlier the next year.

Love member services and the discounts. Like the DVC events.

Love all the resorts!

She is not sad, she is happy for the time we are there, and looking forward to more.

HI, I was not commenting about your statement. Before DVC, we both were sad on check out day. We never had another trip booked that far ahead, certainly not before our current trip ended!

I love that we can afford to take multiple trips per year and not have to pay for our accommodations. No, the trips are not FREE nor are they CHEAP but they wouldn't happen at all without DVC. Because we only own a somewhat small amount of points our annual maintenance fees are still reasonable and in no way come close to how much paying for a room out-of-pocket would cost. I love that we've been able now to try ALL of the DVC resorts (except for VGF). I feel like our value for our Aulani trip was an extra special bonus and hope we can afford to go there again (darn those flight prices). We would never be able to afford Aulani out-of-pocket.

HI, I was not commenting about your statement. Before DVC, we both were sad on check out day. We never had another trip booked that far ahead, certainly not before our current trip ended!
Sorry I though you were.

Right now...it's the fact that we could sell and not take a huge loss like other timeshares. But when we first bought, 10 years ago, it was that we could stay on Disney property in a condo style accommodation with our family of 5 (with a master bedroom and a W/D).

We joined because we like the idea of very nice accommodations that were roomy and comfortable for our family of Five. We like the idea of kitchen and living rooms. 2 bedrooms when we needed it.

We had only been to WDW, 3 times when we joined. But we had stayed at two deluxe resorts and loved and appreciate The Disney touch, That impreccable service and attention to details. We joined on our first DCL cruise.

We have only been members since 2010 and have used our points for a cruise, thru RCI and have stayed at HHI and VB. We love the flexibility of our membership.

And most importantly and guaranteed vacation every year!!!

Everyones answer is basically a culmination of all that we feel as well....

I used to love souring the internet for the best rates/deals/pins etc. I always scored great deals, mostly FD, but with DVC ( Which we Hemmed & hawed ) for literally 4 years, will save us in the long run....We can afford to stay at places where we normally wouldn't have.... We were content on staying Mod. because it fit our needs, but for a cheaper price we're able to stay in studios more expensive spots....That's one of the reasons.....But as I think now, I don't ever remember CM's saying "WELCOME HOME" , when were weren't DVC members..:confused3 So I kinda like that.

I love that I can fit my family of 6 in one villa without anyone feeling cramped. We love that we have a kitchen, and enjoy our breakfasts in our villa every morning. The washer and dryer are absolutely priceless. And of course, knowing that we are coming back more than once (or even twice!)
a year if we budget our points wisely, is just awesome. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter