What is your favorite paper trimmer?

laney

Earning My Ears
I was thinking of purchasing the tonic cutter and hoping that I can get a straight cut. I have tried the last two CM cutters and after cutting I notice that the mats are not always straight. Any advice on the tonic or other cutters before I invest in it? Thanks.

I have always used the Fiskars 12 inch paper cutter (not the rotary kind, just the regular one). I have noticed that it doesn't always cut as straight as I would like. I recently got the Zision 12-inch cutter from Provo Craft. The little plastic bar holds the paper MUCH tighter than the Fiskars and the lines are always straight. Plus, the Zision cutter is pink and lime green!!! :teeth:

I have a big ol' rotary cutter, the Fiskars 8" and 12" and the new Zision 12" cutter.

For cropping photos, I still reach for my CM personal trimmer, but for cutting paper, I've definitely been leaning toward the Zision. It still has a little wobble to it, but not as much as the Fiskars. I haven't gotten used to the extension ruler being on the "wrong side" for me and I'm not sure how I feel about the lift up/snap down bar thingy. I kinda like the one on the Fiskars better, but that might also just be habit.

I've seen the CM one, but never used it. I have been quite pleased w/ my CM tools over the years and think it would follow suit, but with all the trimmers I already have, another one would put my DH over the edge! :rotfl2:

I have been wondering about this too. I have the fiskars 12" trimmer. It sometimes doesn't cut straight. I have seen the new CM 12" trimmer. I haven't heard of Tonic?

I enjoy my friskars I have the CM one, its okay, but I get a straighter edge from the friskars. I have the old friskars not the purple one.

am interested in hearing what others think about the tonic and zision-- both of which I have not heard of.

For large paper I'm still using my Fiskars Rotary Cutter. I just couldn't see spending the money on another. The only times it doesn't cut straight are my fault. ;) For smaller things I use the CM personal trimmer & really like that as well.

I've tried the Fiskars 12" that looks like the CM 12" & really didn't like it. It didn't cut straight at all & just generally felt awkward - but perhaps that was because it was a well-used trimmer (used at the store for classes etc.) :confused3

I, too, have not heard of the Tonic and Zision cutters.

I found my fiskars never cut straight and just assumed that all paper trimmers were this way UNTIL I tried someone's cutterpillar at a crop and am now a convert!!!

The cutterpede is a little bulkier but cuts STRAIGHT! I also use the small photo size cutter from CM.

I love my 12" straight and decorative CM trimmer. :love:

At least at my LSS. They have a large guilliteen (sp?) one that costs about $40 and then a rotary one as well that goes for about $25. I just want one that cuts straight all the time. I would love to have just one cutter and then I could have room for lots of other stuff.

I bought a 12" trimmer from my local photography store awhile ago. The brand is Carl & I have been very pleased with it. I know the store sells various replacement blades, too.

i have and still use my fiskars one, and it always cuts straight...if the paper is in there the right way...

now i have also been using the zision...let me tell you, this one is awesome for the money!!! with a coupon it comes to a measily $6.00!!! how can you beat that??? and i like it better than the fiskars one...

i don't like the rotary ones...i find that they are...

1. more expensive
2. blades go dull a heck of a lot faster.
3. replacement blades are more expensive.

i'll take my old fiskars or zision anyday...

I have all the CM cutters the personal trimmer, 12 inch trimmer and the fancy
one and the whole cutting system and I LOVE them all. CM all the way!!
Nancy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter