What is your favorite 'non-classic' disney movie?

I guess it depends if people call those "Disney Renaissance" movies classics, from the late 80's - early 90's. Those were ALL great - Little Mermaid, BatB, Aladdin, Lion King.

Taking those out, I'd have to go with Toy Story and Ratatouille. I think Ratatouille is one of the most underrated Disney movies even though it gets 4 stars from a lot of sources - it still doesn't get much attention. And I'm someone that prefers 2D animation and the older Disney stuff. I think there's a lot of wisdom in that film too, which a lot of movies seem to lack lately.

Beauty and the Beast, hands down.
Great Mouse Detective and Rescuers at a close second, loved mice as main characters.

The Apple Dumpling Gang
Tron
Return to Oz
Flight of the Navigator
Homeward Bound

My favorite: One Magic Christmas

Bedknobs and Broomsticks and Return to Oz are the two that come to mind first for me, I love those movies! Also, I know it's not as good as the original, but I really love the remake of The Parent Trap (the one with Lindsay Lohan), it was a huge part of my childhood and I think I can recite the entire thing still haha. I also used to really love a lot of the made-for-TV movies that Disney used to come out with like Life-Size and Tower of Terror.

Oh, wow! Some of you are seriously bringing me waaay back! I'm going to echo a couple previous posters here and give another nod to Flight of the Navigator and Escape to Witch Mountain! :thumbsup2

I think that this is a Classic, but it's not very popular. I love the Sword In The Stone, it's one of my favourite movies, I love the storyline, characters, scenery, music... everything!

Escape to Witch Mountain is definitely one of my favorites from my own childhood. Before VCR's, DVR's and TiVo, I remember the excitement of catching it on TV!

I never saw Bedknobs and Broomsticks as a child, but my husband loved it and wanted our 7 and 4 year olds to watch it--instant new classic for us!

Love the music from Hercules. Don't mind a bit when the songs get stuck in my head all day.

Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland is too new to be a classic, but I love it as a re-make of the classic animated film.

My favorites are:
The Brave Little Toaster
Doby O'Gill and the Little People
Old Yeller and Savage Sam
Pete's Dragon

My top 5:

5. Escape From Witch Mountain

4. Swiss Family Robinson

3. The Watcher in the Woods (does anyone besides my family know that movie?? I must have watched it daily as a kid--and it still freaks me out now!)

2. The Rocketeer

And the all-time best classic Disney movie:

1. CANDLESHOE! If you have never seen this movie, you must watch it! Old-school Jodie Foster, David Niven, and Helen Hayes. My sister and I quote lines from that movie to this day.

i LOVE the ugly dachsund i have a dachshund at home and the dachsies in that movie are cute i love when there giving the dad his birthday presents and there wearing hats and Danca? i think her name is gives him her favorite bone in bronze that was so funny my favorite movie ever is toy story but thats disney pixar so i dont know if that counts fun and fancy free was pretty funny and fox and the hound is amazing

How about Fred McMurray in Follow Me Boys, Dick Van D in LT Robin Crusoe, and The One and Only Original Family Band has Kurt Russel and Goldie Hawn in it. It would be great if Disney would come up with box sets of movies starring Fred McMurray, Tommy Kirk, Annette, John Davidson and Leslie Anne Down, and Dean Jones just to name a few.

Enchanted. I think it is so clever and a nod to all of the classic disney princesses.

Pollyanna. I love the story and Harrington town reminds me of Main Street.

Oliver & Company! It was awesome. I also hate that people know Marie and not where she comes from so Aristocats would be on my list, too.

Wow, I love all Disney movies, but as far as the "non-classics" go (and I consider that to mean they weren't "blockbusters"?)...

Flight of the Navigator (loved that one!)

Meet the Robinsons (it's a tribute to Walt, which is why I loved it and cried at the end!)

Rescuers Down Under - my favorite "babysitting" movie to watch - so cute!

Oliver & Co - great music! I also love the music in Tarzan

I don't know if this qualifies, but Fantasia 2000 is also a favorite - I love the "Rhapsody in Blue" segment!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter