What is your favorite month to go to DVC?

Lesley

DIS Veteran
Just wondering what the travel date preferences are here on the boards.

So far we've been to WDW in July, May, November, August/September, and January. Our next trip is December. So far we've liked May and September the most. January was nice, but there's so much rehab going on and the weather is iffy (though this year we got perfect weather, I know it isn't likely to always be that warm!). I'm looking forward to seeing the holiday stuff in December, but I don't know that I'll want to see it every trip...and December is busy enough w/o a vacation too! And our 2003 trip is tentatively scheduled for October/Nov. We're fortunate that we don't have any restrictions (besides the # of points we have) on when we can travel...dh's work schedule is flexible and we homeschool. I think I can see us making September a regular thing. I'd like to try spring...but the points just don't go as far then.

So, barring circumstances that limit your choices, when is your favorite time to go to WDW and use your DVC points?

So far we have been in May, June, December, early November, and Thanksgiving. We definitely like May the best so far. The weather is great with highs usually in the mid to upper 80's and the crowds aren't bad at all if you go before Memorial Day weekend. We do like the first two weeks of December too. We love the Christmas decorations and the crowds are pretty low during that time. But the weather can be iffy. Sometimes it has been 80 degrees and other times we have had to wear jackets and gloves. We really like to swim and sunbath a bit on our trips so May is really our favorite. We do like the Food and Wine Festival in early November too and the weather is a bit warmer than the first part of December, but not always warm enough to swim.

Early/Mid May and Early December. We like May at OKW, the crowds are low and it's starting to get hot but not real humid. Flower & Garden Festival is at Epcot and it's a relaxing trip. We like early December at BWV for all the Christmas activities, Candlelight Processional, MVMCP, Osborne Lights. 3 of the 4 years we went in December (first 2 were at moderates) we had great weather, around 80. 2000 was the exception, low 60's.

We always go in December for Christmas break. It's a great time to go but it's very true about the unpredictable weather. We have to pack for anything and that makes for an extra suitcase.

When our daughter graduates, we are looking forward to going at more off peak times like Oct./Nov. or Feb.

We always go to HH in August too. Again confined with school breaks. We can't wait to start going after Labor Day.

So far, we have gone to WDW in May, Sept, Nov (1st week) and 1st week of Dec.
I do not think we will be going in the 1st week of Nov again for a while, last time (2 yrs ago) we were there in Nov, the NJ kids were out of school and Disney was packed. So, we started going in early Dec instead and I love being able to see all the Christmas decorations, so we have a 1 br that week again this yr and plan to get a 2 br next yr and take friends.
I agree that early May is one of the best times to go, because you can swim and enjoy the water parks then. So, we always go in early May also.
I have only been in Sept once, during the 25th anniv. celebration, so I am not sure about then, but we are going to the BVC this Sept, I hope we enjoy that month as much as May and Dec! I plan to be able to swim at SAB (hopefully it will not rain much, I believe this is still rainy season in Fla, and of course the peak of hurricaine season is in Sept!)

I guess I have to agree with DebbieB that my favorite times to go are early May and early Dec!

Our favorite month to go is January. True, the weather can be variable, but it's always nicer than it is at home in Minnesota! We also like going the end of October and taking in the Food & Wine Festival. And early December is a good time, too, with all the Christmas decorations. Wait - I guess we like going no matter when we go!:) January is our favorite, though.

We like the month of October. The weather is still nice and warm. We just returned from a trip in mid March and had unseasonable 87 degree weather. It was great. I think I would like the month of May also.

We went over Thanksgiving two years in a row and one year we had 80's weather and the next year we had some 40 degree nights. We froze in the Magic Kingdom. It was so weird being there and having to wear coats.

We are going to try to get down three times a year if it works out. Hopefully during the month of September or October, February, and May.

We typically go March, May, October or December. March is a really nice time of year if it's warm, occaionally it tends to be unseasonably cold and puts a damper on things if you didn't plan on dressing warmly. May is absolutely lovely, everything in bloom, it's magical. October is our favorite, it really feels like fall, well about as fall as it can feel in the south. December is so much fun, so many things to do, we find we don't relax in December though, there's just too much to do. So each of our typical time frames have their pros and cons for us. We mix them around as the years go and sometimes we even step completely out of our box and do things different. One year we did a last minute July 4 trip, the crowds were unbelievable but worth it to see the MK 4th of July fireworks and then hopped over to MGM for a 4th of July showing of Sorcery in the Sky & Fantasmic. We're going to be different and try NYE and the week following this year.

A fellow Minnesotan beat me to my point, but Feb for us is the right time to go to WDW.

People in cold climates tend to take their vacations from Jan to March. They didn't tell that to this Arizona native! I got a weird look when I was planning my vacation in August (That's State Fair Time!)

We have been to HH in October (both DVC and not), and would go back again. It just depends on what your think is hot and cold. It was in the 70s and low 80s in HH in mid-October, and was great swimming weather.

We love the middle 2 weeks in May. The weather is great and the crowds are low. We just love OKW in May, a great place to relax and enjoy the spring season in WDW.

:earsgirl: :earsboy: :wave: :sunny:

Another vote for October. We've been there in early and late May, August, Sept, Oct. and late Dec./early Jan. The crowds weren't bad and the weather was great. Not too hot.

Our favorite is early December. The crowds are low and the parks even more magical with all the Christmas decor. Our next favorite is late October for Halloween and the Food and Wine Festival.

I have to put in a reply with my fellow Minnesotans. January and February are when we appreciate Florida the most! Even May seemed too hot there for my family. And Christmas decorations with no snow did nothing at all for us. I have enjoyed the low crowds in Sept./Oct., but it's not a good time for kids to go. Now that we are DVC members January looks even better because of the low points required to stay.

We have been at WDW every month except: Jan, May,June and Oct. We like and dislike all the months for different reasons. The summer months have longer park hours, more nighttime shows, nothing is being refurbished etc. but can be very hot and crowded, Feb has low crowds, lower points, and it is just great to get away from the cold northern winters but can still be cold, March and April are usually wonderful weather but depending on Spring break can mean higher crowds and higher prices. Sept & Nov are great for low crowds, usually nice weather and in Nov the Food and Wine festival at Epcot but we have been in Nov and it was quite cold, Dec is great for the beautiful Christmas decorations and all the additional holiday shows and parades but can be cold and very crowded.
This May will be my first WDW trip in May and I am definitely looking forward to trying this month! As far as I am concerned there is NOT a bad month to go to WDW, a day in WDW is better than anyday anywhere else!

Another Minnesotan who likes January best. We have gone in January, December, and September. September was too hot, early December was nice and fun with the holiday decor etc, but January is our favorite. We have gone down at least 15 times in January, and it is true that the weather can be quite variable, but it is always better than Minnesota in January. Maybe this year was warm for Minnesota, but not usually.

Since joining DVC we always go first part of December just love all the holiday doings.:D :D :D

mid-June is when my daughter is out of school. The weather is nice and hot and the swimming is great! Actually, last June it wasn't really hot at all, very pleasant in fact.

I also love spring. It's great to leave my dreary mid-western climate and after only a 2 hr flight arrive in warm and colorful Orlando. Ohhh, I'm getting so nostalgic! I may have to rent some points from you folks pretty soon!:bounce:

For now we like to go down during President's week (Feb 15-21) to get a break from the Ohio cold weather. Wife is a teacher, and it is a good time to get away from school. We also like to go once in the summer. Going to VB the first week in July this summer.:D

September and May - weather wise are alot alike - I like them both - they are hot.

I don't like the summer months - I have very fair skin - so I can't be out in Al between the times 10:00 am to 3:00 pm - so there I could only be out at night - not worth it. Florida's sunlight is much hotter than Alabama.

I love DECEMBER - definitely my favorite - I love it at Christmas - the whole place is decorated and people are so friendly.

I have also been in March (nice but can be cold), April (can be crowded), October and November - the only months besides the summer (oh yea we went once in June and August - never again) - that I don't go are January and February (can't go because of work).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter