What is your Favorite Moderate Disney Resort??

Summer143

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone! We usually travel to Disney World every year, and this Summer is no exception! We have stayed at Polynesian, Pop Century, but year after year we have gone to Animal Kingdom Lodge (we love it!!) We were thinking about trying something different this year and maybe staying at Coronado, Caribbean, or Port Orleans Riverside. Any suggestions?? If you have stayed at more then one of these resorts, what was your favorite? If you have time, I would love to hear any pros and cons that you can remember (food, rooms, bus rides, etc) Thank you!!!!

We have stayed at CBR and POFQ and have spent time at POR. We are gearing up for a stay at POR, so I really can't comment on much other than the grounds (spent time roaming while our boys did the Pirate cruise from there). Between CBR and POFQ we loved POFQ. POFQ is a small, quaint resort where CBR is a large, spreadout resort.
We loved the Pirate rooms at CBR but that was about it. Took us at least a 10 minute walk to get from our room to the food court, which seemed like a pain when someone just wanted a soda refill. The food court at CBR was crowded and loud. In general there was just a lot more hustle and bustle there.
We loved the food at POFQ and our room was on the outskirt of the resort and still at most a 3-4 minute walk to the food court area. I will say that the food court there is a little crowded because it feels on the small size.
If I was picking between those 2, POFQ would be the easy winner. We did really like the look of POR while we roamed the resort and looking forward to that stay.
Also both POR and POFQ are both on the water and you can ride the boat to DTD, which is a nice plus!

I've stayed at all 4 and the Port Orleans resorts are my favorites - I love both. I liked Coronado and CB, but I love both PO resorts. Having the boat ride to DTD is an added bonus as well.

We have stayed at them all with the exception of FQ. My vote is for Coronado! We love it there! Love the atmosphere, location and pool!

Stayed at CSR, POR and CBR

CSR: Is the deluxe of the moderates with extra amenities, dedicated bus, additional dining options including by pool, great main pool with large slide and largest hot tub on property, beach volleyball and ample seating and tables. Great bus service that never seems crowded. The resort itself is beautiful with three distinct themes and lush landscaping and at night simply stunning to walk the lake area. Folks will say it's a convention but they stay mostly at the front and leave the pools and buses much less crowded. Will be going back as often as we can.

POR: Our first on site stay and a special place full of southern charm. Two very distinct themed areas built along a "river" with an island in the middle for the main pool. The main pool seems to stay crowded even in slow times so we often enjoy the quiet pools. We have stayed both themes and have stayed the newer Royal Guest rooms. Those were awesome! The main hub has a great food court and delicious table service. The lounge provides one of the best entertainers on property. You have FQ next door you can use their food court/pool and a real perk is the boat to Downtown Disney! Would stay in a heartbeat!

CBR: Was the first moderate built ... and each time they improved. Many do enjoy the tropical Caribbean feel but for me there is no change in scenery or theme, only a paint color change on the buildings. It is the most spread out of the moderates with 2100 rooms built around an oblong 45 acre lake. The rooms are way overdue for renovation and while it was recently permitted so far no word on any signs of it starting. What that mostly means to most is there are still DOUBLE beds in these rooms when all the other moderates have QUEENS. A plus for this is if you have small children the newer pirate pool area is very nice but if you don't have a preferred room you will be making a hike to get to it. There is a bus system within that many use but some complain that traveling to parks takes a long time because of it. When we stayed there we drove everywhere. PS If you are looking at the Pirate rooms they are the farthest away and not scheduled to be rehabbed. Will try again after the rooms are rehabbed with Queen beds, but only with a car.

It's all about what your taste are in themes, what is important to you in terms of walking, pools, bed sizes, transportation. What doesn't work for some may work for you. I would also look at pictures of the resorts, that really helps.

Our favorite is Coronado. :)

:thumbsup2
Staying at the BC this year and I'm starting to worry, some of the photos looked run down. DD wanted to stay there and since it's her graduation we will, but I really love CSR!

It really just comes down to personal preference. We have stayed at all the moderates, and loved them all! We do have our favorites though. Coronado was great, loved the pool and theming, disliked the business convention atmosphere that exists sometimes. Also its a bit out of the way.
POFQ and POR are very pretty and quaint and we love being able to take a boat to DTD, but it's was our least favorite; mostly because the dining area was way too small in POFQ and the whole place seemed too confined.
As for CBR... We love it! We've been there 4 times now and love the peacefulness of it, it is very large, but there are bus stops all over the place and the grounds are gorgeous! We actually very much enjoy the stroll to get breakfast and the quiet pools in each area. We are heading there again in 3 weeks and wouldn't stay any where else! (except BC, lol; but that's next year) :)

We have only stayed at Riverside but absolutely love it there! so peaceful, love the store and the food court, the boat to DTD is great.

For moderates, we have stayed at CBR and POFQ. CBR was not our cup of tea, but POFQ was wonderful, and I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again! :goodvibes

CBR...if only they had queen beds instead of doubles. Soon... But I just love the laid back feel of CBR. It's like you're on island time...slow, relaxed dotted with beaches and hammocks all along the walkways.

I have a stay at POR coming up and I'm really looking forward to checking it out after all the raves I see here about it. :goodvibes

Have had multiple stays at CBR, POR and POFQ with CBR being our favorite. The PO resorts are great we just happen to like the pool, food court and overall atmosphere of CBR over them. CBR has such a laid back relaxed feel which is such a nice change from the craziness of the parks. Even when CBR has been at capacity, it never feels like it. It's like having 2 vacations in one.

We love the French Quarter. I like the small, intimate feel, and that pool is pretty fun. The food court has a great Mardi Gras theme and the boat rides to DTD are a nice way to relax.

I'd really like to try CBR, but not until they get queen sized beds!

the only moderate we have stayed at is POR but we absolutely loved it. Have not heard good things about the beds at CBR. We are planning on staying at Coronado Springs at some point as we have heard that one is pretty good too though a bit more "business"

We have stayed at CD & CBR and we preferred CBR! The pools are fantastic, if you have a room in Jamaica or some in Aruba it's a very quick, nice, peaceful stroll through Castaway Cay to the food court and main pool. Each village has its own quiet pool and there is also a "quiet" hot tub at the main pool that I think at most we have seen five people in that general area..mostly people just sunbathing in peace lol! We all loved the food court for what it is lol...it's a food court :) buses for the most part are OK.
I was thinking of trying PORS next time but I think we are going with AKL and CR or Poly. Definitely heard great things about Port Orleans though!

We love CBR....tried POR last year, and although it was nice, both my DS and I kept comparing it to CBR. We promised each other that we would return again this year.

We have not tried CSR, but quite honestly, I have not heard and bad things about it. Maybe we will give it a try next year.

We have only stayed at POFQ, but absolutely love it due to its theming and small size. We are staying there again in December of this year. Can't wait.:banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter