What is your favorite kitchen tool/gadget?

WeLoveLilo05

DIS Veteran
When I get Amazon gift cards I love to spend them on things for my kitchen, and I have some Amazon cash!! Haha, so, I was wondering what is your favorite kitchen gadget or tool? It can be anything, a specific pot or pan, knife, etc. anything that can be used in the kitchen.

Besides my kitchen Aid stand mixer (I bake a lot throughout the week and freeze), I think one of my favorite little investments is my bench scraper. I don't use it all the time, but it really is a much needed tool in the kitchen :)

Well, obviously the dishwasher.

I like my OXO peeler. It's very soft; easy on the hands if you have to do a lot of peeling; e.g., Thanksgiving potatoes.

We steam a lot of vegetables so I love my All Clad pot/steamer combo.

Wusthof knives -- use them all the time. I also took some knife skills classes and learned fun stuff, like deboning a chicken leg and making tomato roses.

You like your Kitchenaid -- I also have that relatively new beater blade with the rubbery sides. It does a good job of getting everything from the sides of the bowl into the bottom of the bowl.

I love my henckels santoku knife. I use it every time I cook. I also use kitchen shears all the time.

Love my food processor and potato ricer too.

Love my all clad pots. I am lucky enough to live by their main office and go to their warehouse sale. I love the non stick omelette size pan.

I have a le creuset 5 quart that I use a lot too.

Keurig coffee maker gets used every day in our house & I don't spend $ at coffee shops anymore unless I want/need a special treat.

I love my bread maker. I use it every other day. I use it for pizza dough as well. Can't even remember the last time I bought a loaf of bread or ordered a pizza.

Another vote for the Keurig. I finally bought one and I don't know how I lived without it. It's all kinds of amazing!

The 2-tier slide out wire drawers from Rev-A-Shelf we installed in all of our base cabinets last fall. Bought at Lowes. I can finally reach everything in base cabinets. Nothing buried in the back any longer. Its wonderful. Using everything I own once again.

Second, would be my 2 crock pots. I do lots of batch cooking & freezing.

Definatley my Blentec. I just got it about 6 weeks ago but I love it and use it at least once a day. In fact the digital display counts how many times you use the programmable buttons and I'm at 56 Blends so far. Pretty impressive!

I use it for smoothies (every morning I take one to work ), soups, sorbets, sauces. My kids love it for snow cones. This blender is amazing and is a breeze to clean up.

I am going to have to go with the Keurig as well. Right now I need an upgrade on my stuff so nothing stands out as a "favorite" except for ONE thing....

When I was at an apple orchard a couple of yrs ago, I bought this vegetable peeler that is so easy to use.

I love microplane graters. They are so much quicker to use and to clean than the old, traditional box graters. They take up less space as they fit in the drawer along with the other flat utensils like spatulas, etc. They come in assorted grades of grating. I use them for grating/shredding cheeses to making chocolate curls.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref=sr_1_3_acs_h_4i_2596532011_16439861?ie=UTF8&qid=1360212523&sr=8-3-acs&node=16439861&srs=2596532011&field-keywords=microplane+grater

THANKS, will check this out, new a need one!

After many, many years of cooking, I try to stay out of the kitchen as much as possible now, but the first thing that came to mind was my cutting board. Well, it is not really a board, it is one of those thin bendable thingys that is so easy to use & clean.

my stick blender!! I use it for sauces, soups and most importantly; smoothies!! easy peasy clean up too!

My telephone, specifically the speed dial to the local pizza parlor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter