What is your Favorite DL offsite Hotel??

tink2dw

Pixie Dust or Bust!!
What is your favorite DL offsite Hotel and please explain why??

Is there any place like Holiday Inn Family Suites ,Orlando,FL. with kidsuites??

Well, my favorite offsite hotel (by default, as I've only stayed at one!) :) is the Howard Johnson Plaza. Stayed there in June, and it is a really nice hotel for several reasons. . . clean, cheerful decor, good-sized room, refrigerator, all the standard amenities (hair dryer, iron and ironing board, fresh towels and sheets, soaps, etc.), very comprehensive gift shop in the hotel (ate breakfast from purchases there once--great muffins and fresh fruit!), free shuttle to the parks, (although you really don't need it; it's only about a 5-10 minute walk), and a good price. (I believe I paid $79 a night).

IMHO, unless you have oodles of money, it just makes no sense to stay at a Disney property when you can stay in what's often a larger and nicer room for WAY less money offsite.

We've only stayed in one but we all loved it. We stayed at the Candy Cane Inn which is just a short walk from the entrance to DL. This little hotel is very pretty and clean, and has a good breakfast and comfortable rooms. I will definitely try to stay there again.

I did read about some close by suites hotels but I can't say how good they were. Hopefully someone familiar with them will post soon. I will say that I saw the Embassy Suites shuttle coming and going a LOT.

Hands down Candy Cane. Nice, quiet, comfortable. The staff is great. I have never been disappointed. We tried there upgraded service (just got back) and the delivered continental breakfast, late checkout, vcr, and microwave were nice perks.

There is a hotel "Portifino" that has kidsuites, but I have no personal experience there.

Candy Cane Inn is great. Though it is just a two story motel, it is decorated nicely with wrought Iron and flowers and the rooms are very nicely decorated as well. The pool area is small but pretty and the breakfast is good.
There are Kids suites at the newish Portofino Inn which is within walking distance of the parks and has a shuttle to for when "whitin walking distance' is still to far!

Candy Cane Inn is great. Though it is just a two story motel, it is decorated nicely with wrought Iron and flowers and the rooms are very nicely decorated as well. The pool area is small but pretty and the breakfast is good.
There are Kids suites at the newish Portofino Inn which is within walking distance of the parks and has a shuttle to for when "within walking distance' is still to far!

We've stayed at several area hotels, and Candy Cane is still my favorite. If you're looking for a little more room, there are several newer hotels that offer suites. I noticed a Ramada Suites just down the street from Disneyland. There's also Portofino Inn and Suites, where we stayed in June. It was fine, but not spectacular. The rooms are large and clean, but the parking and shuttle service are not very good. Also, there's no breakfast.

I've heard some good things about the new Embassy Suites hotel that's just south of Disneyland. I saw it from a distance--I don't think it's on a major street (does someone else know?), but it's only a mile or so away from DL.

Good luck!

The Howard Johnson's is also my favorite. It is a little further away, but still walking distance, and they have a trolley. To me, it is the most hotel-like for the best price.

If you're looking for suites, I've heard great things about Desert Inn and Suites, and it is directly across the walkway to DL. One of my friends has a husband and 3 daughters, and she loves to stay there.

I don't know much about the HIFS, but we stayed at the Portofino Inn & Suites and they have kidsuites. We had one room with a king bed, tv, etc plus a second room separated by sliding french doors and a curtain. The next room had bunk beds, another tv, a kid-sized table and a sofa. When you check in they give the kids popcorn and some activity books. We don't have kids, but got the kidsuite as that is all they had left. It is relatively new (2 years old I think), clean & comfy. We walked to the parks twice, but it's a good 3-4 blocks away (past the Candy Cane). We also used their shuttle, it was reliable and fast. Portofino is the first pick up location and the first drop off location, so we always got a seat. We had a nice time and I wouldn't hesitate recommending it, or staying there again.

The Candy Cane was pretty good as long as you don't have a room too close to the street. The first night we were there our room faced the street and we did not get any sleep at all. Too much noise. Then they moved us close to the pool and that was actually better. Their buses are great.
We have also stayed at the Hawthorne Suites and Paradise Pier. Of course Paradise Pier was the best among them. Next is the Grand Californian Dec 13-17 2002
:p :p

We have stayed at the Paradise Pier, Anaheim Marriott, and the Holiday Inn. Of course, the Paradise Pier was the best. Anaheim Marriott was the next best, and also the best deal, since we got it from Priceline.com. The Holiday Inn was OK but nothing spectacular, and I don't think we'd do that one again.

For people who have stayed at Cabdy Cane Lane, how many people can sleep in the rooms??? How far from DL??

Candy Cane Inn

Bob, the deluxe rooms can do five.

It is not the closest, but there are are no major streets to cross to get there. I would say it is an easy 10 minute walk to the front entrance to Disneyland.They have a reliable bus service (owned by hotel - not a service)

We stayed at the Embassy Suites, less than a mile away on the same side of the street as DL. The hotel provided transportation which was very friendly and reliable. When the bus driver heard us discussing our plans to go to Universal, he brought me a coke can from home for the discount. The suites were very nice. The hotel is new, the furniture was new and comfortable, the cooked to order breakfast was very nice as were the afternoon snacks. It is right next door to the Outback and a couple of other restaurants and the price was right.

I recently stayed at the Hilton Anaheim, Concierge level and very was pleased with it. I've seen varying rates concierge there - the lowest being $125 a night. The room was very clean, comfy beds with duvet covers and attentive maid service. The concierge service was nice. They had a nice continental breakfast, snacks plentiful throughout the day, including yummie chocolate chip cookies and small tarts, and different themed h'ors d'oeuvres at night. Soft drinks, coffee, tea, bottled waters were available all day and evening. I would definately consider this place again for offsite stays. Also, you can walk to DL from there. Cut through the convention center, cross the street and you are in the Timon parking lot. The trams run regularly from there.

Have stayed at the Candy Cane Inn several times when visitng DL and is a great place to stay. Only drawback I have about it is they close the pool and hot tub at precisely 11:00 pm. Sometimes after along day at the parks it would have been nice to have been able to soak in the hot tub for a while. They have a very good continental breakfast each morning. But get there early unless you plan on taking the food back to your room to eat, the tables inside and outside around the pool fill up fast. My DW and I very seldom take the shuttle service since we usually can walk faster than the bus can drive to the entrance. We have only stayed at a couple of other hotels in the area but by far the Candy Cane Inn was our favorite. Hope this information helps.

I like the Anaheim Hilton. It's a really nice hotel, and it used to be a tradition to stay there, so I'm a little partial to it. But the DLH is still my favorite!:smooth:

I have always stayed onsite but I am trying the Sheraton Anaheim this weekend. I got a GREAT rate (only $69 per night) and earned 1000 bonus points for my Starwood Preferred Guest account. I will let you know what I think. I love to stay on property but the deal was too good to pass up and if I like it I am sure we will stay there again as we need to earn points for our WDW trip next April!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter