What is your favorite Disney Vacation Club Resort?

# 1 BC for location (and transportation), style of the resort, and SAB

# 2 SSR for location, style, pools, Artists Pallet, no hallways, views, parking of your car, feels like a resort/time share not just a hotel.

Disliked AK (for location, terrible bus times, and the lonnnnnnng hallways) and BLT (for size of the room, hallways, seemed like a giant hotel not a resort get away, pool and no wow factor, and I cannot imagine paying more points per night here than at SSR. I would pay more for SSR than BLT.)

I also wouldn't pick BWV except a standard (solely to save points and and likely an adult only trip), wouldn't pick due to the hallways and the lack of a walk in pool for kiddo, also parking is useless never BWV with a car.

1. BCV
2. AKV
3. BLT
4. SSR
5. OKW

* We have not stayed at VWL or BWV yet.

We have only stayed at AKL-kidani so far. So, that's where my vote goes. We are staying at our home resort in June.
To give you an idea of how much we like AKL, my DW, whom is not a huge disney fan, (she enjoys disney, but does so for the kids) has mentioned adding on at AKL.

I've only stayed at BWV so far but absolutely loved it! Staying at SSR next week and BCV in June. The only resort I don't think I'll ever stay at is AKV. I went and checked it out on my last trip and really didn't like it. I even paid for 1 time points to switch us to SSR for this upcoming trip.

1. OKW - It is the original and our home resort. I love the space and parking right outside your door. I also love the views.

2. Kidani - I didn't think I'd like this resort because it is hotel-style. Boy, was I wrong. Parking underneath is convenient, and I like the room service option.

3. WLV - It's the setting here plus the boat access to the MK.

4. SSR - Walking distance to DTD is nice, but if I never stay here again, it's OK.

5. BWV - This is my least favorite primarily for the parking situation. We always have a car on property and access here is abysmal!

We have not stayed at BCV (but I'd like to) or BLT (and won't unless nothing else is available).

1. BWV - too many reasons to count
2. BWV
3. BWV
4. BWV
5. BWV
6. SSR - just sooooo pretty, and love the short walk to DTD, gorgeous views .(congress park)
7. AKV - preferably for short stays; stunning resort, but very limited activities within walking distance

we don't care for OKW (we really dislike what some love: having cars - along with the noise and smells - right outside your villa; the resort itself is pretty, but we also find it too "life's last stop" for our tastes;)).
we find the BCV too noisy, and the views too lacking for us.
we have visited BLT, but not stayed there. i love the walk to MK, but dislike seeing parking lots so it's a toss-up. we would consider VWL in colder months, otherwise it is too dark for our preferences (tropical, bright, fun).
different strokes :)

We have stayed at all the WDW DVCs except OKW (definitely planning to stay there in the future). I would say our favorites are VWL, AKV-Kidani, and BCV, but we really do like them all for different reasons.

My all time number one favorite is BWV. #2 is BLT. The advantage to both is location, location, location. It's hard to beat watching Illuminations or Wishes and walking back "Home" while everyone else is battling for a spot on the bus. #3 is AKV. It's such a unique experience. You are transported to another place and time. I took two friends for a short stay and they were completely blown away by waking up in the morning and seeing the animals wandering the savanna. But I'll always love BWV most of all!

It is interesting to see the wide variety of opinions. I think every location has been represented as a favorite. Interesting also that some of the reasons are complementarily opposite -- e.g., BLT and BWV for those who don't drive, OKW and SSR (and maybe AKV) for those who do.

Personally I would have to say BWV, but that's the only DVC location we've stayed at so far, and it's our home. Looking forward to trying BLT in April.

We've now stayed at all WDW resorts. Here's my ranking:

On our "love it enough to own there" list:

1. SSR (Treehouses)
2. SSR (All other sections)
3. BLT
4. BCV

On our "enjoy it occassionally if it's available" list:

5. BWV
6. VWL (Higher on the list if the trip is during Christmas)

And the two on our "don't need to ever stay there again" list:

7. OKW
8. AKV

1) BWV. Like everyone else, location, location, location. Epcot, HS, The BW, Jellyrolls, ESPN Club. Walking to 2 of the 3 parks we typically visit on a trip is a HUGE bonus.

2) BCV. See #1, but not having any BCV points, making a ressie there is tough!

3) OKW/SSR tie. OKW for the size of the rooms and the Turtle Pond pool, SSR for the access to DTD and the Grandstand Pool.

4) AKV. It was nice, but I hate the WDW buses and the bus rides to/from AKV are LONG.

Haven't stayed at BLT or VWL yet cause our kids are grown enough to not be too excited by MK and no grandkids yet.....

My favorite is AKV . I go away on vacation to do things that I cant at home. Most of the other resorts look like places here on long island . AKV is way different than anything here on long island. I also love sitting at the firepit at kidani which boarders the safari

What is your favorite Disney's Vacation Club Resort in Walt Disney World? :-)

Which trip in which year? Otherwords-I like them all for different reasons for different trips. My vote simply goes to DVC in general. (No I am not a politician but ran into enough of them lately).

Our favorite is definitely SSR. It does sometimes get bad press, not sure why. We love the proximity to DTD and that it feels more like a resort and less like a hotel. This will be our 6th year staying there. We just don't want to try anywhere else. I also think it's a good value.

BWVs - location, location, location
OKW - size of rooms, quietness
BCVs - see #1

There is none that we really dislike but would probably not stay at SS again unless we had a car. Liked the location of BLT but didn't like the fact that there were no amenities inside the actual bldg. and everything is shared with the Contemporary.

So far, we have stayed at SSR, AKV/Kidani, BCV, BLT, and BWV. Here's my list:

1. BCV
2. BLT
3. AKV/Kidani
4. SSR
5. BWV

I know that there are so many who love BWV, but I wasn't impressed with it at all. I can't really pinpoint why, I was just not thrilled with the place. The boardwalk was nice at night, but I could stay at BCV and take the boat. My top two faves are BCV and BLT, but for different reasons, so they are really tied for #1. I love BLT for it's proximity to MK and the views of MK. I love BCV for it's proximity to Epcot and SAB. My DS6 loved BCV -- he loves to swim, so it's really a no-brainer for him.

I want to try VWL next, followed by OKW.

I have to break it down by categories and not just an overall resort ranking. This list is for our current vacation habits and will surely change as everyone gets older and our travel party gets smaller (or larger!).

Rooms: #1 AKV Kidani Village due to the 3rd bathroom in the 2BR villa #2 OKW 2BR for the huge living area and the full size table and chairs to dine at.

Location: #1 BCV close to Epcot and DHS #2 BWV close to DHS and Epcot
#3 SSR close to DTD.

Relaxation: #1 SSR nice rooms in apartment style buildings and nice paths around the resort. #2 OKW again nice rooms in apartment style buildings

Couples Only Doing Parks: #1 Tie BCV or BWV since we like Epcot and DHS the most.

Couple Only NO or LITTLE PARKS: #1 SSR #2 OKW

One note to make is that we have not been to VWL or BLT. Also LOVE the under building parking at AKV. Since we drive it keeps our vehicle from heating up like crazy from the sunshine. We normally do one trip per year for 9 to 11 nights and have the six of us. I know this will change due to kids not being able to go OR getting married and having more go! We'll deal with that when it happens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter