What is your Disney shameful secret?

I don't like Hollywood Studios except for Osborne lights and Hollywood Brown Derby. We seriously spend only a few hours in that park each trip- to see the lights and this time to eat at HBD too.
Also- I have never been on TSM.

I can't stand Winnie the Pooh. I've never had a dole whip or a mickey bar. I can't stand crowds and generally avoid parades, events and of course all busy seasons.

Totally not a secret... and I am NOT ashamed of it, but where else could I post it?

Today is my 42nd birthday and I would rather be at Disney than anywhere else in the world!!!!

The movie Dumbo scares me.
Have never been on Astro Orbitor. Thunderstorm shut it down just as we were getting on.
Spend hours on Disney sites and have more Disney pages than friends on facebook.
Going on our first couple only trip next fall and feel guilty for not taking grandkids. (sure I will get over it):rolleyes1

1. Haunted Mansion and Bugs Life scare me.
2. I have a hard time telling the difference between Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella.
3. I love Captain EO!
4. HS is my favorite park.

I have never been to rope drop but I've closed down many a park!! I even missed the last bus before! :rotfl2:

I can't stand Captain EO and the Stitches Great Escape Ride!

I wish they'd update the Great Movie Ride because its no longer Great!!

Mindy

1. I listen to the Parkmusic every single day.
2. Although I regularly visit WDW since 1990, I've never been on Astro Orbiter because I'm afraid of the height.
3. I have more than 300 GB of park related music, videos. pictures and other stuff on my computer.
4. I have no friends who share my Disneyaddiction. :sad1:
5. I love It's a small world.

Except for the love of It's a small world, you could be my clone.
My wife is a former CM and I like WDW more than she does.:confused:

I don't know if it's shameful to anyone but me, but in the almost 30 years I've been alive 2013 is the first year that I haven't been to WDW.

Also, the only reason I visit the Enchanted Tiki Room to take a nap in the afternoons.

i am nearing my trip in november and already deciding if i need to buy anything. i work in nyc at a fashion company, and am secretly thrilled at the thought of spending an entire week in sneakers and using one practical, cheap handbag. since it will be cooler i might bring some nicer tops (and by nicer i mean polos).

i tell people things like oh i have stained shorts on rides (true, ruined a white pair that way when some black grease somehow smudged) to justify not wearing nice clothes, or my ankles need more support in the parks (again true) but really i do want to spend a week in average clothes.

I am 32 and looking forward to meet the princesses, i live in Europe and here (except UK) disney is categorized for Kids. :)

I am also a wdw addict and have no friends that share my addiction :(

Left the kids at Granny's just because we craved a Chopped Salad at the Brown Derby. Spent the whole week there. At first the kids were fine with it until we actually left without them.

I have never been to rope drop but I've closed down many a park!! I even missed the last bus before! :rotfl2:

Ah, but have you ever gotten locked in the park after closing. After a long dinner at Yak and Yeti we were walked to the exit by CMs in the usual way when we realized we had stuff in a locker and would need our locker deposit back. The CMs went off to do this apparently forgetting all about us. After waiting 10 minutes or so, along comes security wanting to know what we were doing in the park after it was locked up for the night. Eventually a very red faced CM returned to a very stern greeting from the security guy. We were let out but I'm sure it did not go well when they picked apart how two guests got locked in AK without anyone noticing!

1. I am a 40 year old man, and I get choked up at the same spot in Illuminations every time.....
2. I get super excited when I see Donald and Stitch.
3. I go into a depression every time I leave WDW.

I'm not ashamed and I don't think it's really a secret anymore, but I love Disney so much that my husband got a new job, we bought a house in Orlando, and we are moving in less than a week! :cool1:

Disney wasn't the only reason we are moving. We are both Alabama natives and wanted to move back closer to family, but Disney is the reason we chose to relocate to Orlando. Wheeee!

this thread is hilarious and I had to share!!

1. I pick up Disney brochures at least once a year from a travel agent, just because I like the actual books and pictures.

2. Epcot = horrible family memories (except for 1) parents were always fighting in that park. I am determined to do a solo trip to see what Epcot is like without the drama.

3. That one happy memory in Epcot, watching the "Oh Canada" show, and laughing and having my mum say to me "I hope our neighbours feed our sled dogs" and someone actually turning around to shush us because they were 'trying to learn'.... which only made us laugh harder (seriously, unless they've updated this I only remember seeing fields of wheat, snow and sled dogs)

4. I am on a mission to see all the Disney parks in the world (3 down so far)

5. I think my co-workers already are sick of hearing about my upcoming trip to Disneyland Paris, but I still talk about it.

6. I just bought a Finding Nemo carpet yesterday because I could.... (small welcome matt)

7. I am so addicted to these boards and reading trip reviews I literally try to read a trip review a day....

8. I took 2 co-workers to Disneyland Paris for the first time ever in a Disney park back in 2012....and earned the title "Disney drill sergeant"....as I said we could walk and eat, walk and smoke (1 smoked myself and the other did not) and we could 'sit on the rides"....

this thread is hilarious and I had to share!!

That one happy memory in Epcot, watching the "Oh Canada" show, and laughing and having my mum say to me "I hope our neighbours feed our sled dogs" and someone actually turning around to shush us because they were 'trying to learn'.... which only made us laugh harder (seriously, unless they've updated this I only remember seeing fields of wheat, snow and sled dogs)

All I know is that in 2007 they did an update on Oh Canada... it was my first trip and didn't even know about it being closed, but we saw it opened (it happened to be the soft opening of it) and decided to see it. I had just rode soarin and was dizzy from it... so the show didn't help matters, I closed my eyes to avoid the dizzy feeling from the circle theater and ended up falling asleep.... don't remember anything about the show other than Martin Short talking. (I was riding an ECV so was sitting)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter