What is your Disney shameful secret?

I can recite the entire Tiki Room show (the original) from start to finish, songs and dialogue. DH sometimes catches me doing it around the house and he'll join in ;)

I like Gaston's Brew better than the Dole Whips.

Wow I love this!

My shameful secret is that I don't enjoy Animal Kingdom...there I said it! I just can't get into the whole animal theme. It just doesn't feel very "disney-ish" to me.
I have quite a few embarrassing disney secrets like for one I get very depressed the first few weeks back home. Not like your average "back to reality" depression but more like I want to cry anytime someone mentions Mickey Mouse or when a WDW commercial comes on. And I wear my Mickey ears and drink out of my Disney Food Court Cup just to feel like I'm there. I also save EVERYTHING from there and by everything I mean EVERYTHING! From bags and soap from the hotel room all the way to receipts and tags off the stuff I bought from there(I know I'm crazy). Somebody please tell me I'm not the only one! ;)

Wow I love this!

My shameful secret is that I don't enjoy Animal Kingdom...there I said it! I just can't get into the whole animal theme. It just doesn't feel very "disney-ish" to me.
I have quite a few embarrassing disney secrets like for one I get very depressed the first few weeks back home. Not like your average "back to reality" depression but more like I want to cry anytime someone mentions Mickey Mouse or when a WDW commercial comes on. And I wear my Mickey ears and drink out of my Disney Food Court Cup just to feel like I'm there. I also save EVERYTHING from there and by everything I mean EVERYTHING! From bags and soap from the hotel room all the way to receipts and tags off the stuff I bought from there(I know I'm crazy). Somebody please tell me I'm not the only one! ;)

No you are not crazy. I get in a major funk right before I go (I will think I 2 weeks I will be back and all the saving and planning will all be over) and right after I get back as well. I also save everything. Napkins, cups, leftover shampoo (my favorite scent was from our 2009 trip and I like to get a whiff every now and then) I even have salad dressing packs from Krigala(sp?) Bakery and duck sauce from Yak and Yeti. I have no idea what I would do with it but it doesn't seem right to throw it away.

Not really a shameful secret but....I bought a pillow pet last week, Pluto, and he's adorable and soft and fluffy and makes me smile....And I'm 29 years old. It was practically the only souvenir I bought and the only one I wanted! I seriously love him, I even find myself rubbing/petting him while watching tv. I'm also trying to get out of my disney funk, it's horrible

My shameful secret is that I don't like Disney Hollywood. I just don't like it. My kids are horrified ["But MOM! You grew up in Hollywood! That should be your favorite park!"] Well it's not.

I'm sure I have plenty of other secrets lurking inside. But that's the worst one.

Not really a shameful secret but....I bought a pillow pet last week, Pluto, and he's adorable and soft and fluffy and makes me smile....And I'm 29 years old. It was practically the only souvenir I bought and the only one I wanted! I seriously love him, I even find myself rubbing/petting him while watching tv. I'm also trying to get out of my disney funk, it's horrible

My friend got me a Stitch pillow pet almost 2 years ago. I'm 27 and I slept with it every night until my dog dislocated his hip and that became his favorite pillow to lay on. So to make him comfortable while he recovered and healed I let him sleep with it. Now he only sleeps on that pillow.

My shameful secret is that I don't like Disney Hollywood. I just don't like it. My kids are horrified ["But MOM! You grew up in Hollywood! That should be your favorite park!"] Well it's not.

I'm sure I have plenty of other secrets lurking inside. But that's the worst one.

You're secret is safe with me...it's also my secret...not a lover of DHS. I keep thinking, where's the rest of it?

I am not all that crazy about Mickey Mouse. My main reason for loving Disney is the films that I saw growing up, specifically Snow White, Jungle Book, Lady and the Tramp and Peter Pan. Out of Mickey's gang, Donald Duck is my favorite, because he's so cranky. :)

After 5 trips I still haven't:
Had a dole whip
Had a cinnamon bun (in fact I hadn't even had a cinnamon bun anywhere until about 3 years ago when I bought one by accident)
Stayed on-site
Went on RnR despite being an Aerosmith fan

I've never had a Dole Whip, never been to rope drop, and only watched a fireworks show because I could see it from my balcony.

I don't like Dole Whips either. (The fawning of these drinks
I don't like Lapu Lapus. (Too strong!)
We didn't like Le Cellier. (Waiting area was a zoo. Steak was expensive for the lack of quality.)
We like Captain EO.
We don't like the queues for Space Mountain or Test Track. (Mindless diversions for our ADD -driven society.)
We like the slow pace of Animal Kingdom. (We also love the fast pace and great theming of Expedition Everest. We still wish that the original Yeti would return and replace ridiculous Disco Yeti.)

Hated Fantasmic. Thought it was hot, crowded and boring. I still cant believe people pack in for it. Also the Great Movie Ride. Just don't get it.

I've only been on Space Mountain once ... and it was in Disneyland Hong Kong ... and when we reached the top of that first hill, having left the tunnel, I got so scared at just seeing "star" lights all around me and no actual infrastructure, that I close my eyes, held on tight and prayed for the ride to end. ;)

I'm terrified of Astro Orbiter and it is the only ride in my tons of visits that I refuse to ride!

I think IASW is cute.

I like to watch meltdowns, both by kids and adults.popcorn:: I'm sure I've provided entertainment myself on a few occasions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter