• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is your Disney shameful secret?

My shameful secret is.... as much as I have loved taking friends the last few years, I am really looking forward (hoping, actually) to go alone this year.:thumbsup2

lets see...

- I dream of having my WDW fairytale wedding even though there is no prince charming to be found yet!

- I love the HM but when riding it alone I can't help but be nervous that something is going to pop out and scare me.

- I love the smell of the water at SM and POTC...don't know why but I love it!

My biggest secret...
- The only people that know I go to WDW alone is my family. People at work always assume I'm just going with friends of family and I don't bother to tell them it's little ol' me.

I have never seen Fantasmic (too long to wait for with the little ones)
I do not get AK
I do not get the water parks
I do not like DtD (but love to shop at all other WDW shops) (but might have to go for Pollo Campero)
Watching people eat the turkey legs makes me want to yack
I have never been to Tom Sawyer's Island
I have never been on Splash Mountain

I could go to Epcot everyday and never get tired of it

AK is my least favorite park, although Flame Tree Barbecue is one of my favorite counter service places

I silently curse people who run me over with strollers :laughing:

I think HS has one of the most confusing layouts EVER!!

Every trip I buy a new pair of "ears" and wear them religiously around the parks

I'm too shy to talk to the face characters :rotfl2:

After Illuminations I love to walk around WS and pretend I have the whole place to myself :dance3:

I could go to Epcot everyday and never get tired of it

Every trip I buy a new pair of "ears" and wear them religiously around the parks

I'm too shy to talk to the face characters :rotfl2:

After Illuminations I love to walk around WS and pretend I have the whole place to myself :dance3:

ME TOO! :thumbsup2
My husband jokes that i can go into a ladies room and come out with a friend for life, but put a person inside a giant stuffed animal and I have no idea how to act! :confused3 maybe I am scared that inside they are laughing at me...

Shameful secrets?

I don't like fireworks and get fidgety at parades.

I wish the prices would go up and the value resorts disappear to lessen crowds, even though I can't afford to go again for another year or two as it is.

I think DHS is a cheap little compromise of a park and (the two or three thrill rides aside) never worth more than half a day.

I get instant, neat little chills in the CR concourse.

When I see all that trinket-y crap in every nook and cranny of Main Street USA, I want to start throwing it.

I get weepy in the patriotic shows (this is particularly bad; I'm Canadian), but I'm a sucker for sentimentality.

About half the time I ever sit and watch a group of strangers at WDW I am struck my how little fun they're having, how poorly they seem to be appreciating its charms, and what horrible things they seem to be saying.

Wow - this might top the list! :thumbsup2

I have been thinking about this and I believe what got to me was the whole daughter growing up thing. As a father of three little girls who are entering the "tween" stage, my days of being a hero are numbered.

I love Disney. I don't like children.

Kind of ironic, huh? :rolleyes:

me to nothing irks me more then a crying child besides my niece and nephew (who are perfect angels btw lol) i really don't like kids but i love love love disney although i wont lie when i see a little girls eyes light up at the castle it does make me melt a little on the inside also i hate the movie pinochio like really hate with a passion and i'm obessed with all things little mermaid esp flounder i have so many stuffed flounders i lost count i literally have to hide them cause people think i'm weird

Ok this is a mix of secrets and secret gripes (because I would never say anything about them outside of this thread!)

~My husband and I have a little game we play when we go to the parks, he started it but now i find myself playing on solo trips :rolleyes:
How long until we spot the first meltdown? It's usually not long at all, I think the record so far is 5 minutes. (and in-case anyone is wondering it is NOT always a child)

~I look for hidden Mickeys out in the real world!

~I don't like pin sharks either, especially the ones who want you to go buy them specific pins- tricking people is not very magical

~ children on heeleys, or should I say PARENTS who allow their children to take shoes with wheels to a crowded theme park and endanger themselves and others -need to be tripped. I play roller derby and am finding it really hard not to block some of the more annoying older kids. (On a more childish note- I'm not allowed to wear my skates to the park! :confused3 so why can they?!) :snooty:

~ I Love the Disney channel! (I'm watching Phineas & Ferb right now)

~ My Ipod has 80 gigs of Disney music and podcasts, and on more than one occasion they have saved an annoying coworkers life :rolleyes:

~I have a separate wardrobe for WDW trips

~ People who ram you with their strollers :mad: drive me crazy! I am not talking accidental. When people do it with empty strollers it's bad, but I think its worse when there is a child inside! How is this responsible parenting? What if the person you are intentionally ramming falls backward onto your kid? GRRRR I actually saw an elderly lady get plowed down by a stroller, the woman pushing it just kept right on going! And the poor lady ended up needing medical attention! At the very least we should be able to shoot these people with paint ball guns- so that others can identify them from a distance and avoid injury.

~ Ok this one may seem strange- but I hate that the merch is the same in every store! If I am in the villains store I want to get villains merch! The place where this bothers me the most is the Muppet Store. Maybe 20 items in there are Muppets the rest is general park merch! As a Muppet fan this frustrates me to no end!

~ I do not like the new HS parade, but I loved stars and motorcars.

~ Rude/angry/unhappy cast-members ruin it for me. I am sorry, I know not everyone is always happy but they are called cast members for a reason, (dance monkeys! dance :dance3: JK) and being impolite should not be an option. I know everyone can have an off day but I noticed this quite allot on my last trip.

~ I am a little obsessed with the animation studio. I will spend an entire day in there drawing :rolleyes:

~ I go to AK just to ride EE over, and over again

~ I like watching Stacey's top 10, but the original was better

~ I plan WDW trips constantly, I am currently planning 3 (April, Aug,Oct)

~ ok this is the big one- I don't believe my friends when they complain about my frequent trips and tell me they can't afford to take their kids to WDW. Especially when they begin lecturing me about how wrong it is that I go SOLO while they are holding their designer purses or driving brand new luxury cars or telling me about their adult only trips to Vegas. Life is full of choices and priorities and for me a brand new car and designer clothes are not a priorities. But standing on main street facing the train station and watching the reactions of children and adults who are seeing the castle for the first time, crying like a baby during Wishes, and holding my breath as the headless horsemen gallops through the MK , now those are priorities ;)

Oh my that was quite allot. Sorry, but I feel so much better this is like confession for Disney nuts!

We LOVE the Animation Studio have you asked to go out to the Meditation Garden? You will find hand prints in the cement of some of the Nine Old Men it is awe inspiring in itself we absolutely love it because you get to see a crucial part of Disney history.
All you have to do is ask one of the CM's and they will show you where it is I think that you will enjoy it. If memory serves me I believe that Milt Kahl, Marc Davis, Frank Thomas and Ollie Johnston have their hand prints in the Garden.
Hope you like!

Although I am not ashamed of it, I too look for hidden Mickeys in the real world. The shame is that I actually find them...or think I do!

I have been thinking about this and I believe what got to me was the whole daughter growing up thing. As a father of three little girls who are entering the "tween" stage, my days of being a hero are numbered.

As a 22 year old married woman whose dad took her to Disney as a child I can honestly tell you that my father will always be my hero ::yes::

ooohhh soooo glad i'm not the only one! we rode mission space a few years ago, before they added the spinning/non spinning option, and all 4 of our party either didn't like it or felt dizzy/headache like... and we're a group of thrill ride junkies.

• I love Stitch
  • I hate the Pixar-zation of the Parks
  • I do AK & MGM in a day
  • I hate Innoventions
  • I rode IASW with my iPod on repeat to the song from Johnny Depp's Charlie and the Chocolate Factory where the dolls caught on fire
  • I could not stay at the value resorts
  • I have been known to block strollers trying to ram past me or others in my party
  • I got every park CD I could find from my libraries (or interlibrary loaned them) and when I'm feeling crappy will upload a special Disney playlist
  • I make a Disney playlist for each and every trip and listen to it at least a week before going
  • I have A Pirate's Life for Me and The Tiki Room as ring tones on my phone
  • Loves the World Showcase more than Future World
  • Has never stepped foot in Camp Minnie-Mickey or Toontown
  • Has ECONOMY BOTTLE OF EXCEDRIN at the top of my packing list
  • Hates character meals, but will be going to one this coming trip anyway because my mom loves them
  • I fast-forward through the first part of UP because I can't stand to watch him loose his wife
  • I chewed out a person at Disney who complained about how my parents were slowing up their "progress" to the rides in their ECVs, and how if they couldn't walk, they shouldn't be at Disney
  • I hate the Disney Channel and all the "music stars" that have spawned from it- from Britany and Christina to present day
  • I worry about the future of Marvel since Disney bought it
  • I think that dining experience (food quality, restaurant ambiance and cast member service and attitude) has definitely gone down hill since introduction of the dining plan
  • Doesn't understand why Tinkerbell sprinkles pixie dust if she's a fairy
  • Wishes that the bathrooms at Disney had whirlpool tubs to soak away the aches of overwalking
  • Hates the Burnbaum travel guides
  • Swears by the Unofficial Guides- especially the new Color Companion
  • Had a bad Disney moment last trip in which I saw all the Disney princesses lined up and started thinking about the scene in Shrek 3 where the alternate princesses break out their superpowers and rescue themselves and thought, Wouldn't THAT be an awesome forecourt show?
  • Think that people who ***** and whine and complain about their Disney trips should make their own magic, or fix it while they're there, not wait til they get home and tell everyone that it was miserable and no one should go because it sucked

* I enjoy Hall of Presidents and Carousel of Progress.
* Finally rode ToT this previous trip and it was all I could do to keep my tears at bay afterward (I'm 25...). A little girl got off as the same time as us and was bawling; I just wanted to hug her because I knew exactly how she felt.
* Never been on Splash Mountain (or Kali River Rapids for that matter) and likely never will because I just don't want to get soaked.
* I want to live in Epcot.
* The characters kind of weird me out. Face ones are worse, especially if they're not overly friendly like the Jasmine I met the past trip.
* My favorite "prince"? David Kawena from Lilo & Stitch...
* I could stay on BTMR all day long if they let me.
* I think I've caught the Disney bug. I get sad thinking of going anywhere else and, when I do, I wind up just comparing it to Disney anyway. And I've only been there 3 times in my life.
* I don't like Dole Whips.
* I don't like Fantasyland since everything there relates to the movies I also don't like.
* I love the Tiki Room, even more so with Iago and Zazu now in it.
* I secretly wish the villains would win for once in Fantasmic even though I know how it ends. :guilty:
* I hate how so few of the characters I like are promoted in the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter