What is your Disney shameful secret?

The only reason I ride "Small World' is for the air conditioning and because DD loves the ride.

Here are my Disney confessions
  • I always kind of scratched my head over Canada being one of the countries represented at EPCOT. When I found out as an adult that it was included, my first thought was, "What are they gonna put in there, a Tim Horton's?" Canadians, please don't hate me
:

Tim Horton's would be awesome!!!!

I don't get why everyone thinks MK is the best park and they have to go there first.:confused3 It is usually the last park that I visit.

Oooh this is such a good idea :)

1. I could spend my whole trip shopping and taking pictures (my sister and I like photoshoots lol), rather then going on rides.
2. I don't like Dole Whips.
3. I think Peter Pan is not worth the 45 minute/1 hour wait it usually has (and according to my mother, I thought that when I was like 6 too..., not just now).
4. I have my entire wedding planned for WDW, and I don't even have a serious boyfriend, and I can't see myself as ever getting married, but I want my DFTW soooo bad.

Uhmmm, I probably have more I just can't think of them right now.

That is soooo funny--my 20 yr old DD already is planning her Disney Wedding and she has yet to find a boyfriend. I think she has her priorities straight!:rotfl::love:

That is soooo funny--my 20 yr old DD already is planning her Disney Wedding and she has yet to find a boyfriend. I think she has her priorities straight!:rotfl::love:

I'm glad you think she's got her priorities straight... My mom thinks I'm crazy that I've got it all planned. She's always like... "You may want to find a boyfriend first."

Oh well. I'm glad someone out there understands it :thumbsup2

I am cheap, so if I think I can save more than a couple of bucks I'll do some crazy things.

Last month I was on a trip to Tennessee for a weekend with the girls. I've been pricing resorts for the annual pilgrimage to the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival. So I tacked two nights onto the outing with the girls and I booked a flight to Orlando. I stayed two nights at POFQ and booked a Bounce Back offer. I managed to get a 1 bedroom villa at the Boardwalk Inn for the last week of October at 45% off. I've tried waiting, in the past, to get a good deal at the Beach Club or Boardwalk once the AP deals for October are announced, but by then not only are there no good rates for those Epcot resorts, but there aren't even any rooms left! So, we're all set for the Boardwalk Inn Villas for Food & Wine at a price I'm willing to pay. Now I have to figure out how to tell hubbie how I managed the discount! ;-)

The trick was booking before the 7 month window as a cash guest. Waiting until the non-home resort guests can book has always been a real problem. I don't mind staying elsewhere on property, but for F&W it's really nice to be able to stroll in and out of Epcot on a whim.

Oh, while I was at WDW in Februrary, I spent a lot of time riding Toy Story Midway Mania over and over again. The waits weren't bad and I had a book to read on my Kindle iPhone application. A very nice way to steal "me-time" and accomplish a goal. Might not be so shameful, but until now, it was a secret!

- janet

:confused3 I will never understand why disney built the european park in Paris, it's to cold in the winter, the french are rude and they didn't even want it. Spain would have been a better idea me thinks. Rant over

I was surprised that so long as they went with the less than nice weather they didn't choose Germany. Mickey is the man in Germany! And the beer is good, too. ;-)

The only reason I ride "Small World' is for the air conditioning and because DD loves the ride.

I don't think that's a shameful secret. I think it is probably why most people ride it. Personally, I like it because it was my Dad's favorite ride and he is no longer alive to enjoy it. So someone has to enjoy it for him.

I just read this post for the first time. I could really identify with so many things and many made me giggle.

1. I would love to live in the Haunted House in MK, as well as Paris and United Kingdom in Epcot.

2. I would also like to live on the farm on the Living with the Land with the thundertorm nearby. It's such a relaxing feeling when you go by.

3. I also find the scene with the computer being created in the garage on a summer's night relaxining Spaceship Earth. The crickets and the mood make me nostaligic for summers when I was young (although I never hung out in a garage lol).

4. I enjoy leaving my hotel in the morning and sitting at the bus stop. It's nice to know a whole day of fun is head. It's the only time I don't mind waiting for a bus.

5. When I stay at my hotel near DTD, I like to hear the elevator open and shutting and the little bell from my room. It makes me feel like I am on vacation. lol

6. I love the music as you approach Epcot. It makes me happy I am there. It's my favorite park.

7. I love to rest and enjoy the air conditioning at Universe of Energy and wish Disny would do a full dinosaur ride like that.

8. I like when indoor moving rides "freeze" or stop moving and you get to sit there in the cool darkness. I especially like it on the Haunted House (cemetary scene) and the Spaceship Earth (moon scene) when you are stuck going backwards downhill. That feels good on my back! LOL

9. I am addicted to caramel corn, caramel apples, and the roasted nuts in MK.

10. HS is my least favorite park. I am surprised they haven't done more with it. The sky could be the limit with movie themes and creativity.

11. I hate getting stuck around parades.

12. I like watching the lady who does the top ten things at the park on the TV in the hotel, even though I have seen it a million times. It makes me feel like it's "vacation time".

13. I go to Disney two to three times a year, but still take a ton of pictures everytime and never get bored with it.

14. I love the Pirate Ride as well as being in line leading up to it with the music playing and the cool air and the feel of the dungeon.

15. Saving my best for last lol, one time on TOT, the drop took me by such surprise, that instinctually I reached down quickly to grab something to hold onto, and I am pretty sure I grabbed the man's crotch next to me. LOL OOPS!

I REALLY don't like Splash Mountain. I hate that feeling of falling out of my seat! Every time we go I avoid it at all costs. I went on it once and hopefully never again! I love rollercoasters, but I'm just plain scared of Splash Mountain.

Shameful secret is that I still have character photos with Mickey dating back to 1983 and try to get more each time

I just read this post for the first time. I could really identify with so many things and many made me giggle.

1. I would love to live in the Haunted House in MK, as well as Paris and United Kingdom in Epcot.

2. I would also like to live on the farm on the Living with the Land with the thundertorm nearby. It's such a relaxing feeling when you go by.

3. I also find the scene with the computer being created in the garage on a summer's night relaxining Spaceship Earth. The crickets and the mood make me nostaligic for summers when I was young (although I never hung out in a garage lol).

4. I enjoy leaving my hotel in the morning and sitting at the bus stop. It's nice to know a whole day of fun is head. It's the only time I don't mind waiting for a bus.

5. When I stay at my hotel near DTD, I like to hear the elevator open and shutting and the little bell from my room. It makes me feel like I am on vacation. lol

6. I love the music as you approach Epcot. It makes me happy I am there. It's my favorite park.

7. I love to rest and enjoy the air conditioning at Universe of Energy and wish Disny would do a full dinosaur ride like that.

8. I like when indoor moving rides "freeze" or stop moving and you get to sit there in the cool darkness. I especially like it on the Haunted House (cemetary scene) and the Spaceship Earth (moon scene) when you are stuck going backwards downhill. That feels good on my back! LOL

9. I am addicted to caramel corn, caramel apples, and the roasted nuts in MK.

10. HS is my least favorite park. I am surprised they haven't done more with it. The sky could be the limit with movie themes and creativity.

11. I hate getting stuck around parades.

12. I like watching the lady who does the top ten things at the park on the TV in the hotel, even though I have seen it a million times. It makes me feel like it's "vacation time".

13. I go to Disney two to three times a year, but still take a ton of pictures everytime and never get bored with it.

14. I love the Pirate Ride as well as being in line leading up to it with the music playing and the cool air and the feel of the dungeon.

15. Saving my best for last lol, one time on TOT, the drop took me by such surprise, that instinctually I reached down quickly to grab something to hold onto, and I am pretty sure I grabbed the man's crotch next to me. LOL OOPS!

WOW! Besides #15 :eek: You have a way of describing things that makes me want to head to the airport NOW and be at WDW!!! I get the same feeling with alot that you say. Especially the dark rides with the cool air:cloud9:!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter