What is your Disney shameful secret?

I can't tell ANYONE we are going because they will flip out and bug us about spending "unnecessary" money on ANOTHER trip to Disney when we just went last fall. My dh is the only one who knows and I'm not sure how this will work. Maybe we'll just disappear for 10 days? :rolleyes1

Who's flipping out? Your accountant? The other members of your Utopian Commune? I just don't get it when people think it's okay to voice their opinion about how other people spend their OWN money! :sad2: Go and have fun!

I can't tell ANYONE we are going because they will flip out and bug us about spending "unnecessary" money on ANOTHER trip to Disney when we just went last fall. My dh is the only one who knows and I'm not sure how this will work. Maybe we'll just disappear for 10 days? :rolleyes1

We consider a lot of the things we do in the way of vacations etc. as being on a need to know basis, and some people simply do NOT need to know. I'd hear about it for years. It got a little tricky on our last trip. It was going to be in WDW so I could easily get away with phone calls etc. (the week of my birthday too so that made it trickier) but we changed to a Disney Cruise and I was not about to spend 2.50 a minute just to play it cool while we were away. lol It's taken me quite a lot of years to get here, being a person who usually errs on the side of honesty, but I just don't feel bad omitting things from some people anymore.

If someone is going to make you feel bad or in any way influence you're enjoyment or something then why should you tell them. I'm lucky that my "pests" don't live close by, though. I take it they'd notice you're not at home in your case?

unfortunately it's my parents who live 6 miles away and dh's parents who (thank goodness) are 4 hours away. We pay our bills, don't owe either of them money, or an explanation, but they keep worrying about money, the economy, a revolution, you name it, they worry. My theory is, I want to go now instead of wishing I had gone later if something "might" happen.

I love this thread.... I printed out the post for my Memorial Day Weekend Trip and read all the "shameful secrets" on the plane ride... Keep um coming, I need more to read on my Labor day Weekend trip!!! :cool1:

Yup, DH & I have been starting to get that, but it's more from those who don't hear about the other places we travel. we just happen to talk about the world more...:love:

one of my shameful secrets is I don't like the characters
in costume either! I got freaked out by one of the dwarves
when I was a teenager...... :scared1: :scared:
Scarred for life! But I love Eeyore and Tinkerbell...

My other ss is that I have never been on ToT or
RnR (I will someday!)..:thumbsup2

My shameful little secret is I've never had a funnel cake or a turkey leg. There! I've said it! They both totally gross me out just to look at them. There! I've said it again.:sad2:

I have NEVER seen the movie Finding Nemo.
& i don't watch any Disney movies because i hate animated films.
But im obsessed with everything else Disney and most characters too!

:thumbsup2Best of Luck...will we be reading a trip report upon your return ;)

Hmmmm ... I wonder if the Vegas slogan applies to Disney vacations too? "What happens in WDW stays in WDW"?? Look for my trip report the weekend of July 4th ... how inclusive it is is up in the air at this point!:rotfl:

teacherlisa1978: finally a sane voice related to pins. I too love them, but if I wanted yours, I would have already purchased it. BTW just received the LE (250) Texas Mickey. Should be a little bit of envy (c'mon I'm from Texas, everthing is self indulgent here)

Just one comment on the pin trading ... most adults who trade pins do NOT trade for the open edition pins that anyone can buy anytime they wish. Most of us trade for Limited Edition pins that very few people have the chance to buy before they're sold out (like your LE of 250 pin) so the only way to get them is by trading ... and the other Hidden Mickey collections are ONLY available by trading, they can't be purchased ... so most of the pins we want aren't readily available to purchase ... and that's 99% of the fun of trading ... hunting down the pins you want to complete a collection :banana: and interacting with great people!! See, there IS a method to our madness ... if we could just buy any pin we wanted, what fun would that be??? :confused3

I think ride in The Seas with Nemo is the worst ride in all of WDW. I think Disney really phoned it in when they created that one. It doesn't stop me from going on it though 'cuz it's still a ride!

I have no desire to ever go to AK.

I have a vomit phobia. While the rest of my family went on Mission: Space (the tame side) I went and took a nap on a bench by Test Track. I didn't want to be near the exit of Mission: Space in case anyone came off the ride puking!

I detest window and door decorations.

I could care less about any parades or characters.

I almost cried when I thought we weren't going to be able to go on PoTC last trip. We were rushing to make our California Grill ADR and didn't think
we'd make it. (Stupid Jungle Cruise line took a lot longer than we thought.) I was relieved when PoTC had virtually no line! Saving the best for last can be dangerous!

Love this thread!!

My secret - The first time I went to WDW, I was 50 years old. I'm 53 now and I've been a total of 5 times and have 2 trips planned this year!! :rotfl: My latest obsession!! I :love: DISNEY!!!

Linda

i loved this thread. ok my shameful secrets-

i dislike POTC. there i said it. enjoyed the movies but really not much of a ride.

i almost knocked bolt over to get to rhino at HS. he was very annoyed with me and made me talk to his paw.

i am 41 and i love High School Musical(all 3 of them). i could eat Zac Efron for breakfast.

kate

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter