What is your Disney shameful secret?

yeah...i can't drag myself out of bed for opening. maybe one day:confused3

If you ever plan on seeing the "rope drop" I suggest doing it early in your stay. As the week goes by, the harder it is to get up early (especially after late nights in DTD:dance3:

I've never seen a rope drop either, but plan to do so in July. So, is it a lot of pushing and shoving? Should I bring elbow pads? Kevlar vest?;)

My secret shame is I don't enjoy how loud the amplification is at the parks whenever it's announcement time, parade time, or when the music is pumped up. Truly, I think the citizens in Cuba could probably hear it. We could all hear it just fine if they'd turn down the volumne a bit, and certainly for me, I'd enjoy the events much more.

I've never seen a rope drop either, but plan to do so in July. So, is it a lot of pushing and shoving? Should I bring elbow pads? Kevlar vest?;)
Prepare for speed walking and wear running shoes. :eek: Actually, it wasn't too wild. Castmembers were effective at keeping folks from stampeding over each other.

~ love....love illuminations
listen to it in my car & at home, have it as my ringtone, watch it every night of every stay (sometimes from our BW balcony), sing (quietly) along ~ yes, there are words;) .
~ don't find adventurer's club very funny (have gone a few times), but really enjoy the comedy club
~ have never, ever felt a trip was long enough:confused3
~ at least once every day, i make my day a bit happier by making another guest smile (i'll offer to take a photo, chat, buy popcorn for kids near a stand, etc)
~ haven't been at MK in the eve for years b/c of the waaaay too packed crowds
~ question the sanity of females wearing high heels and/or short skirts, as well as males wearing tight bike shorts, in the parks:scared:
~ find the tea cups scary (forget TOT!)
~ spend most of our time at WDW not going on rides (there is just so much else to do!!)
:)

Here's a new shameful (& very embarrassing) secret: I just downloaded the Camp Rock soundtrack off itunes...and I set the DVR to record the debut tomorrow night. :sad2:

I LOVE Eeyore and will go see him anywhere. On one of our trips, I was so excited to see him that I pushed some small kids out of the way so I could be first. My family walked away and acted like they didn't know me and continue to tease me to this day. Oh by the way I am 52!
For our trip this Sept., My daughter wanted to do BBB so I booked her a ressie. She's 22!
Yes you could say we are freaks.

I have a few...
Never had a Dole Whip
Never been to a rope drop
Didnt like Le Cellier ,:faint: ,lol
and ........
for years I never knew that you could go IN spaceship earth

now that I know,I :rotfl2: at myself all the time just thinking about it.

I've never been on Dumbo, HATE the Tiki Room, never seen Fantasmic, and think most of the overly nice castmembers are cheesy..oh yeah, the Ariel we saw at MK lately, looks like a man..:rotfl:

I've never been on the Teacups at Disney. I recently got sick on a tire swing, so I'm thinking that I'll never Teacup.

I love Stitch but hate his "ride," though I appreciate how awesome the animatronic is in the ride.

I went on Haunted Mansion for the first time in March.

High School Musical is awful, and Hannah Montana is worse.

Disney needs an 18+ day. I think it's sweet to see little kids so excited to meet Mickey, etc. and get so happy seeing Cinderella's Castle... but if one of those blue strollers knocks me into a display of Disney keychains one more time...:headache:

Here's my conribution:

~ On arrival in USA, find the Twizzlers (can't get enough!) :worship:
~ I get excited on Magical Express :goodvibes
~ I have my ears on in the UK airport (always get a seat as ppl run away)
~ I have never been on Mission Space
~ I cried with fear on ToT
~ The Poly was just ok
~ Kids in Heelys should be made to go barefoot
~ The smell of turkey legs is gross :sick:
~ I refuse to go on Summit Plummet :scared1:
~ I don't like DHS sorry MGM
~ Women in high heels in the parks is wrong
~ I watch Stacey on the resort tv go round and round
~ I think UK pavilion and fish n chips in Epcot are rubbish (I live there) :stir:

Here's my conribution:

~ The smell of turkey legs is gross :sick:

~ I think UK pavilion and fish n chips in Epcot are rubbish (I live there) :stir:

1. Yes. They smell disgusting. So gross.
2. Yes, they are certainly not as good as the ones in the UK (especially the fish and chips I had in London. Yummy yum yum! BUT they're alright, because the other fish and chips I have is frozen fish fillets and frozen french fries!

1. Yes. They smell disgusting. So gross.!
Geez. Hard to believe so many Disers hate turkey legs.:sad:
2. Yes, they are certainly not as good as the ones in the UK (especially the fish and chips I had in London. Yummy yum yum! BUT they're alright, because the other fish and chips I have is frozen fish fillets and frozen french fries!
Yup, real fish 'n' chips need to be served wrapped in yesterday's Times newspaper. I suspect the ink and paper add a subtle flavor.popcorn::
I've never been on the Teacups at Disney. I recently got sick on a tire swing, so I'm thinking that I'll never Teacup.
I can relate, rode the Teacups for the first and last time when I was 6 at DL. (I'm now 54.)

Hmmmmmmmm......

I've never ridden Mission: Space or Rock n Roller Coaster

Even though I go on it, the big drop on Splash Mountain scares the crap out of me

When I'm solo, I make it a habit of talking to anyone near me and hope they will talk back

I've seen the Nemo musical probably 20+ times :love:

I can relate, rode the Teacups for the first and last time when I was 6 at DL. (I'm now 54.)

I used to be so good... I never got sick on the tire swing or the Teacups, or the Tilt-a-Whirl. But I went to the playground with some friends, and it was around 90 degrees. I got so sick after, and there's no way I'll chance it on my trip in July.

Alas, I will never ride the Teacups.

To all you teacup scaredycats. I hate spinning and survived the teacups! You control how fast your cup spins, if you leave the wheel in the middle you don't really spin at all. Last year I sat in a different cup to DH and has a nice ride. He came off green as he had spun so fast he was a blur.

1. I've yet to try Dole Whips, turkey legs, and mickey ice cream bars!

2. Fell asleep during the new Nemo musical (very embarrassing)

3. Usually nod off during the Impressions de France film in Epcot (it's sunstroke, lol)

4. Can't do roller coasters, ever. I freak out over kiddie rides that are too fast or move too much.

•I haven't been to Hall of Presidents since they added Reagan, and have NO desire to return. Too patriotic for me. (and yes, I'm proud to be an American, so don't go there!)

•I think that many (not all) of the face characters, inc. princesses and Mary Poppins aren't pretty enough for their roles. (castlecreations, I just saw your post after I typed this - I think I saw a pic of that man-faced Ariel!)

•I hated the Mickey wand on Spaceship Earth. I'm so glad they got rid of it.

•Speaking of Epcot, I also prefer it to be EPCOT Center and wish they didn't have characters there at all.

•Can't stand CSR. Nice pool, but miserable check-in. Also think the CR is boring and very un-Disney.

•I think some of the characters in GMR are done very poorly, esp Bogart and Bergman. Their faces look melted.

•I love dressing up in my Cinderella dress and going to the P&PP and watching little girls faces (even got my pic with a few, although that's highly illegal - please don't tell!)

Ok, enough of that....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter