• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is your Disney shameful secret?

1] I really don't like Hollywood Studios.
2] Could do without most of Epcot.
3] Typically have more fun than DW and DS13.
4] think Stitch is the best Character since Goofy.
5] Addicted to Dole Whip.
6] More upset than my kids that I'm not going to WDW this year.
7] Could spend a whole week in the Lazy River @ Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon. :cloud9:
8] Considered selling my YOMD Lanyard and Pin Set on E-Bay

1. Can't stand IASW
2. Couldn't care less about the parades
3. I love the Peter Pan ride
4. I was in Orlando for a conference in January and spent 2 evenings just riding the monorail and resort hopping since I didn't want to pay for park admission with only 2-3 hours to spend in the parks.
5. Love the Buzz Lightyear ride

Those are the big ones!

:welcome: to the Dis!!! We're all Disney-geeks here - you're finally home! :lmao:

Thanks for the warm welcome. I was telling a friend of mine today about planning my trip for October. It's not easy for a guy to explain to his other guy friends about his adoration for Splash Mountain, Haunted Mansion, HHN, and...well...MNSSHP and Boo To You Parade. :love: Oh well, it's good to know that there are others here who can relate. :yay:

Thanks for the warm welcome. I was telling a friend of mine today about planning my trip for October. It's not easy for a guy to explain to his other guy friends about his adoration for Splash Mountain, Haunted Mansion, HHN, and...well...MNSSHP and Boo To You Parade. :love: Oh well, it's good to know that there are others here who can relate. :yay:

When are you going in October? I'm doing MNSSHP Oct. 16. I'll be in the world from Oct. 12-19. If you need a partner for splash mountain or Haunted mansion, let me know. Hope to see you there!

Oh- and Kat3668- I totally agree about Illuminations, I think that the globe is a total snooze. I liked the previous version of Illuminations much better- there were more fireworks!

I often walk away from illuminations because it is so boring. I hate the "ball" and the interminable time where they stop the fireworks to show and open the globe. The 1st time we saw it we just said "weak dude", now that it is a Epcot staple we just resent it.
The tombstones kinda suck too.
BOB

shameful secret...

I am an adult and i went to the petals bar at the pop century.... had a few too many drinks... bought the light up childrens fairy wings in the gift shop.. and put them on at the bus stop outside.. then ran through the parking lot, skipping and singing by myself.

Haha .. my fiance came looking for me - and let's just say it wasn't hard to spot me.

Wow....hmmm...I have been trying to think of any shameful disney secret....lol
My last disney secret is that aside from my son and Marie I really dont like sharing WDW with others..male or female....because everytime I do the other party is either whiney about the heat, the crowds etc etc, or they dont like any of the rides. I have been 5 times with others and everytime I would say never again and then someone else would convince me to take them.... After the last person backing out on me in March(which was a relief) I vowed I will never take anyone else that does not appreciate Disney as much as I do, unless they finance the vacation, and even then if they are being pains I will go off solo....:dance3:

That's my secret too! I can't stand going with other people as someone is always unhappy with something. Its WDW! There should be no stress:goodvibes
When I go solo I can just roll with whatever is going on.
8 days until my next solo trip :banana:

I never had a Dole Whip,
I love Haunted Mansion, would ride it over and over again
I don't like the new Block Party Parade at Hollywood Studio (I seen it at Disneyland and did not like it there, sooo)

And my FAV, I love to piss off my Ex-in-laws with my return trips to the greatest place on Earth ha! ha! :lmao:

My shameful secret is the I love It's a Small World. I see a lot of people saying their secret is they hate it, but for a 34 year old guy, I think its probably more shameful to love it.

Also, I've never seen Fantasmic. I love shows like that and it sounds cool, but I just can never come around to the idea of wasing an hour waiting for that show.

When are you going in October? I'm doing MNSSHP Oct. 16. I'll be in the world from Oct. 12-19. If you need a partner for splash mountain or Haunted mansion, let me know. Hope to see you there!

I'm actually going to be there from 10.26 to 11.2. But, I am seriously thinking of going back a couple of weeks later for my birthday and to check out MVMCP (11.9 to 11.16). That's insane, I know, but I have an extra timeshare week to use and I've never been to MK for Christmas. This might just be the year.

Hopefully, we can catch Haunted Mansion/Splash Mountain together sometime in the future! :banana:

*I have never ridden Space Mountain
*I don't like all of the Disney shops at the end of all the rides.
*I cry when I see Cinderella's castle
*I love Carousel of Progress
*I get really mad when I see little kids with sunburns in the parks.

Ok, I think that is it for me....

I'm actually going to be there from 10.26 to 11.2. But, I am seriously thinking of going back a couple of weeks later for my birthday and to check out MVMCP (11.9 to 11.16). That's insane, I know, but I have an extra timeshare week to use and I've never been to MK for Christmas. This might just be the year.

Hopefully, we can catch Haunted Mansion/Splash Mountain together sometime in the future! :banana:

Christmas in the world is Beautiful!!! I think seeing the parks decked out in their holiday best is going to be what I miss the most about not living down there anymore. Oh and the castle. I almost never have my picture taken with photo pass but the castle at Christmas is sooooo beautiful that I actually bought the picture last Thanksgiving.

Sorry we'll miss each other this year. HOpefully we will share a ride in the future!

I have never seen Fantasmic, because I don't like HS. I just don't want to be there :eek:
I cannot bear to be at the Poly. I tried.
I do not like riding Space Mountain

I could ride Splash Mountain all day long :lovestruc

I never made it past Germany in the "Drinking around the world challenge" I always end up just staying there for 3 or 4 beers. Definately not a good idea to go on mission space after that either, ask me how I know, hahaha.

An other secret, actually planning a trip elsewhere then Disney World.....:scared1: I know, I know, what am I thinking??? For 2009, the kids and my sister wants to visit San Francisco... I have to see other places too, but I'll be back... ha!

My shameful secret is the I love It's a Small World. I see a lot of people saying their secret is they hate it, but for a 34 year old guy, I think its probably more shameful to love it.

Also, I've never seen Fantasmic. I love shows like that and it sounds cool, but I just can never come around to the idea of wasing an hour waiting for that show.

Oh, and to me, it will always be Epcot CENTER and Disney-MGM Studios. I guess the shameful part of that is how irrationally I cling to those names from the past.

Here's my shameful Disney secrets...

*I LOVE Stich's Great Escape!*
*I still beleive the Star Wars characters are real*
*I think Snow White is annoying*
*I'm terrified of the Tower of Terror*
*I don't think it's fair that only kids 12 and under can partisipate in the Jedi Training Academy!*
*I hate Highschool the Musical*
*I have never seen "The Little Mermaid", "The Jungle Book", or "Beauty and the Beast!"*
*I think Epcot is borring!*
*I think Cinderella has the coolest job in the world*

Not to hijack the thread, but has anyone here ever been down Summit Plummet? I'm hoping to add that to my "shameful secret" list in October. I've seen a couple of videos on YouTube and it looks more thrilling than even Tower Of Terror, Mission Space, etc.

I went on Summit Plummit during my first trip to Walt Disny World! I was about 7 or so and I LOVED it! Has got to be one of fastest water slides I've ever been on! Don't go if your afraid of heights but it sounds like you won't have a problem! :thumbsup2

Oh I do have one more shameful secret now that you mention it!

*I think Disney Pirates are HOT!* pirate:
:lovestruc Capain Jack :lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter