What is Your Disney Quirk?

DisneyF4 said:
:mickeyjum

These are all really great! I'm enjoying reading through them all!

After reading through what you guys have posted, I realized a few more that we have besides Disney transportation... we always go to MK first, we, too, CHEER when we drive through the WDW entrance, we always go to Wolfgang Puck's at least once, we never leave before the park closes no matter which park we're in that day, and I always take an afternoon nap in the Carousel of Progress :cloud9:

This just reminded me when we arrive we must drive in the entrance with the purple gate. Last year my father drive and he started to get off at the first exit which takes you by downtown Disney and my kids and I were screaming no you have to go the other way. This is why my parents think we are nuts.

We count down and yell "we're back" when we drive under the gate onto property and yell "see ya real soon" when we leave. It seems normal when we are in our own vehicle or a rental, but we do get some looks when we are on the magical express bus.

This is not limited to our arrival and departure....we do it when we leave property to eat, go shopping or to universal and it takes awareness from everyone in our group to make sure we don't miss out.

I really do not remember when we started this, but we have been doing it for years and it is second nature now.

We drive to WDW from NC. When we get onto I-4 I start to play the Magic Kingdom Entrance Loop in the car. Everyone gets excited.

Of course we always ride the train around the Magic Kingdom twice. I've also become quite the expert at imitating the MK train whistle...next time you see me ask me to do it...you'll be impressed.

Always sit on the front row of Hall of Presidents...I want to see the wires and green fluid stains on their suits.

Upon entry to Epcot we stop and squint our eyes and look at Spaceship Earth. Visually I can usually block out the tombstones and try to mentally recreate the fountain in its glory days.

World Showcase is a hoot. As an art professor I lead tours to Europe each year and there are some details Disney nails while some are funny.

I always linger at the Walt's office display in the Walt Disney Story over at Hollywood Studios...very...smart....man.

Take our photo with the bust of Andy Griffith at HS. (I am part of a Twitter team called @moderntags which tries to imagine Mayberry in the 21st century and I owe Andy for a lot of inspiration...he's also from my home state.)

We obsessively look for shade....not sure if that is a quirk.

MK first and last day.
Small World once each trip.
Downtown Disney meal first night (used to be Cap'n Jacks, now it's T-Rex)
Dole Whip float each MK day.

We always do MK first....and Jungle Cruise is our first ride (we just fell into this, but now it's been cemented by the fact that Jungle Cruise was DD's first ever ride at WDW). We also eat lunch at Peco's Bills the first MK day.

Mine is that I don't want people to talk about the real world while we're there. I don't want to hear about who said what on Facebook or who's in the hospital or what's going on at work or any of it. I am there to relax and escape for a little while and I hate the real world being discussed ;) I hope that's not too harsh ;)

Reading through this thread and can't think of a single thing that we do on EVERY trip but this (above) certainly applies to me! If at all possible, I put all my worries on hold for the trip. I take the Scarlett O'hara approach of "I won't think about that now...."

OK so, its not a "while your at WDW" quirk but we have always done it leading to a wdw vacation......
the kids and I (now, 3 of mine are too old so it's just DD14) always make a paper chain to hang in the house, counting down the days until the trip. We start at 100 days out and remove a link each day. This year DD and I wrote a Disneyworld fact/trivia on about half of the links. It was fun reading them when we removed the link.

Fun thread!

Like some, we make it a mission to try to ride all the major forms of transportation - buses, ferry, launch, monorail, train. I feel like I'm "home" when I hear that voice on the bus. :)

DH must, at some point, skip down Main Street - easily my favorite thing!

Gotta have a Dole Whip and pizza at Wolfgang Puck Express.

And it's not a trip until the kids yell at me for shaking the doom buggy because I'm seat dancing on HM in the graveyard. ;)

every year we get mouse ears

on the first full day we go to mk

dole whips are the first disney snack

on the last day like 2 hours before we leave we do our last picture in our disney shirts and ear hats waving goodbye to the castle

save up as many snack credits as possible and spend then all at goofys

screaming i love disney world on space mountain

pretending to sleep on splash mountain

quoting the monorail while getting into the car to go home

eating an orange and listening to the soarin' ride audio

All you COP nappers are missing out!! Half of our inside jokes with each other are from that attraction. The other day my husband's back was bothering him. It was raining and he works outside, so I told him it was probably his lumbago and maybe a cool sarsaparilla would help :) :) :)

We always end our trips at MK, and our last ride has to be TTA. Then, before we head to the airport we must stop by the confectionary and load up on treats for the kids that we left at home!:)

I am already anxious about this trip. My Disney rituals have faded into the past.
  1. Usually we stay at POR or POFQ, watch Yehaa Bob, Eliot Dyson, and ride the boat to DTD. This time, not staying at PO. Eliot no longer at FQ.
  2. Usually we go to DTD on arrival night. This time, we're skipping DTD b/c of construction.
  3. Usually we visit the Epcot Legacy Tombstones, to see DD's pic with her DH. This time, we're skipping it. DD is divorced.
  4. Usually we visit Carousel of Progress. This time, it's closed except arrival day. I'm sneaking in a visit while waiting for DD's ME bus to arrive.
  5. Usually we get the Dining Plan and eat 1-TS meals. This time we're having just 2-TS meals. The balance will be new small plate venues, and Food&Wine small plates.
  6. Growing up, DD and I always visited WDW by ourselves. My DH wasn't a Disney nut. This time, DH has passed away. DD and I will pick a spot at WDW to stop and remember DH on each return visit to our Happy Place.

All you COP nappers are missing out!! Half of our inside jokes with each other are from that attraction. The other day my husband's back was bothering him. It was raining and he works outside, so I told him it was probably his lumbago and maybe a cool sarsaparilla would help :) :) :)

While I say I'm napping, I'm really watching the show ;)
"Relaxing" is probably a better term :cool1:

OK so, its not a "while your at WDW" quirk but we have always done it leading to a wdw vacation......
the kids and I (now, 3 of mine are too old so it's just DD14) always make a paper chain to hang in the house, counting down the days until the trip. We start at 100 days out and remove a link each day. This year DD and I wrote a Disneyworld fact/trivia on about half of the links. It was fun reading them when we removed the link.

"Pre" park quirks count, too - we have a countdown as well! We're at 40 days today.

We have to see Mickey. No matter what. Splash and BTMRR our must do's. And Mickey bars in MK. Because they taste better when you looking at the castle.

We always sample Beverly at Club Cool even though we know it will not taste any better than it did the last time. :crazy2:

In WDW or DLR, one of us always says "no dancing on the ride" when we see this:
safety-sign-remain-seated.jpg

And I tend to annoy the family every time I see Jessie, whether in person, on a souvenir or in a picture, by saying "Sweet mother of Abraham Lincoln, it's Jessie!"

I am from CA and visit DLR weekly, our tradition comes from DL.

I only enter the park under the right side tunnel as you enter, and exit the right side tunnel as you exit. This makes me enter one tunnel and exit the other. I feel it is the ONLY way to enter and exit the park haha :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter