• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is Your Disney Quirk?

Every time I go to Magic Kingdom, first thing I do is ride the train to Adventureland. I used to quote the entire monologue of the train conductor as a kid. No snoring!

My sister's MIL was named Joyce, and WDW was her favorite place to be. Because our relatives lived far, far away, DD always called Joyce "Gram," just like her cousins, and Gram treated her the same, as a granddaughter. Her favorite ride was "It's a small world" and family tradition had it that we ALWAYS rode it first, whether Gram and Puppie were on the trip or not. Gram passed away 16 years ago from Lung Cancer. Now, when we go to WDW, we get on Small World, take a deep breath, and say Hello to Joyce.

I guess it really IS a Small World!

Well Joyce is my name but we did call my mother "Grammy Pat".
It truly is a small world and I wonder how many others do this same tradition.
When I read your post I teared up and read it to my husband. I'm sure he will make sure I go on It's a Small World during our November trip. Just us.
I forgot to mention I usually tear up waiting in line or once I'm on the ride.
17 years and I still miss "Grammy Pat" as if it was yesterday.

The weird thing is I never went with my mother to Disney. I was grown when my Mom did her one and only trip.

Thanks for posting.

When hubby is with us...Artist Pointe is a must do! Older daughter's trip must include Peter Pan...Younger daughter needs to see Ariel...and son has to ride BTMR at least once...For me, walking up Main Street in MK just takes my breath away and I always have to take a few minutes just taking it in (Family always tries to hurry me along but I insist on many photos and just looking at all the sights and sounds)

We always do Ohana for breakfast on our first full MK day. We missed it once and it just felt wrong. I also always go to Epcot sometime on our last day to pick up treats from Karamel Kuche to take home.

When the ME bus goes through the huge Walt Disney World entrance, I make a buzzing sound and shake my head a little. Then I announce, "Sorry, that was my implant activating."

And don't kick me off the board because I'll share my DisneyLAND quirk - we always leave Disneyland Park by the right hand side so I can blow a kiss at the lamp in the second story window of the Fire Station and say, "Thanks, Walt."

Whenever possible, we always try to have a return visit to MK on the last day before we leave, no matter how many times we already visited during the trip.

And don't kick me off the board because I'll share my DisneyLAND quirk - we always leave Disneyland Park by the right hand side so I can blow a kiss at the lamp in the second story window of the Fire Station and say, "Thanks, Walt."
:mickeyjum

These are all really great! I'm enjoying reading through them all!

After reading through what you guys have posted, I realized a few more that we have besides Disney transportation... we always go to MK first, we, too, CHEER when we drive through the WDW entrance, we always go to Wolfgang Puck's at least once, we never leave before the park closes no matter which park we're in that day, and I always take an afternoon nap in the Carousel of Progress :cloud9:

We go into every gift shop in the parks, DTD, and all of the deluxe resorts.
Yes, there is plenty of repetition of merch from one shop to the next, but there are also some unique items in many of the shops. Besides, there's a chance that you might spot something that was available elsewhere, but you didn't notice it until your eyes landed on a specific display.. We do buy stuff every trip, but it's just fun to look at all the Disney stuff. :earsboy:

We also have pictures made in front of the castle first thing in the morning on day 1 in MK at the start of every trip.

Mine is that I don't want people to talk about the real world while we're there. I don't want to hear about who said what on Facebook or who's in the hospital or what's going on at work or any of it. I am there to relax and escape for a little while and I hate the real world being discussed ;) I hope that's not too harsh ;)

I have to HAVE A CHOCOLATE MOUSSE from the bakery in France!!:thumbsup2

MY dd has to HAVE the strawberry shortcake served in the LAND. :p

We LIKE to always TRY and have a jalopena/cheese soft pretzel in AK over by the Safari ride. :)

We have to visit our BRICK at MK....we always take a picture EACH TRIP. As soon as you go through the security check to the left...it is very close to one of the trees there. :goodvibes

My dd and I USUALLY do COP....it's kind of a must do. :rolleyes1

Mine is that I don't want people to talk about the real world while we're there. I don't want to hear about who said what on Facebook or who's in the hospital or what's going on at work or any of it. I am there to relax and escape for a little while and I hate the real world being discussed ;) I hope that's not too harsh ;)

Absolutely! After all, this is a vacation!

Always do Magic Kingdom first and last day, have to do Ohana's breakfast and ride the Peoplemover and Pirates! Mickey waffles are a must and dark chocolate with sea salt from Germany!

My first dinner is at Via Napoli
My last park is always Magic Kingdom (This year it will be during MNSSHP!)
Crystal Palace Breakfast is always before park open because I LOVE seeing Main Street mostly empty.

Also, I liked my first night to be Sunday so I could go to MK for EMH.. but they've changed that now and I am NOT happy :furious:

I start my trip with the Magic Kingdom. Gotta ride Dumbo no matter how old I may be...LOL
When I get to the back of the park, I like to ride the train. Cool and gets u off ur feet!!
Margaritas at EPCOT

Anyone else notice this?
The resort does not check you in until around 4 pm ...rarely ever early
BUT!!!!! don't worry
They are tapping on your door at 8am the day of departure

We always do the Frontierland Hoedown. It is mine and my daughter's favorite part of the trip!!!!

We also always eat at the same restaurants (Akershus, CP, CRT, Chef Mickey's, Play n Dine at Hollywood and Vine, Tusker House). Sometimes I long for a non character "adults" meal, but I'll get to do that in 20 years when my kids are grown.

We also ride Small World first, usually. I love Small World! It was always my mom's favorite ride as well.

And BBB is a tradition itself.

We always have dinner at Rose & Crown on our last night to watch the fireworks then spend the morning of our flight at Magic Kingdom to finish the holiday.

A non-park thing is that I just love wearing Disney stuff at home...I have lots of shirts...people think it's weird, but I love it!

Me too! I'm a teacher and wear my shirts a lot and last year one of my students asked me how many Disney shirts I have. I am addicted.:cool1:

Everybody has their own special Disney quirk that may be part of their strategy for their WDW vacation... what's yours?

Here's mine. We drive down every year from ATL, and once we park, we never move the vehicle again until we leave to return home. We love taking Disney transportation everywhere we go and feel that taking our own vehicle (or a cab) detracts from the total experience. I know that this may sometimes cost us time in getting around to some places inside the WDW property, but that's just our deal.

I totally agree. We always go with another family who insist on taking a cab to Universal one day per trip. We have never gone with them (although I have thrown my oldest boy in the cab with them twice. :) ) When we are at WDW we pretend there is no outside world. We love it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter