what is YOUR custom tradition?

We're not truly in Disney until we hit the Magic Kingdom, and specifically, Fantasyland. So this is always the first stop, calendar days be darned!

Our entire family loves pin trading and collecting, and we all have different sorts of pins that we're interested in, so we keep eyes open for one another's interests (and will trade with strangers and cast members to help nab pins that others in the family will enjoy). Each day, everyone is allowed to buy one souvenir pin (we also buy starter sets and such for trading), so it's a daily ritual to find one's pin for the day.

We must eat breafast at Chef Mickey's while we are at Disney.

We like to visit DTD on the last day before we leave.

Illuminations and Fantasmic are absolute MUST DO'S while on our trip.

DH and I have a few:

- We do not leave Disney property at all. We arrive at MCO, take ME to our resort and stay there until the ME takes us back to the MCO. Someday we will go to the other parks and enjoy the local restaurants, shopping and attractions... but I'm just not ready yet. :confused3

- We walk around DTD listening to the background music and singing along quietly to each other.

- We go to Goofy's Candy Co. and go nuts creating our own treats.

- We play pinball (Preferably PotC) at the resort and DisneyQuest
(Side story: We stayed at the Poly for our honeymoon, but we were both exhausted and sick from all the wedding stuff. We ended up spending a lot of time in the arcade playing PotC pinball. We worked together to get super high scores. It is the best memory of our honeymoon and probably the wedding for both of us. :lovestruc )

- Air hockey tournament at DQ. (Serious business, this!)

- We share corn dog nuggets from Casey's while watching Wishes. This usually includes DH ribbing me for eating a side of sauerkraut, which he deems disgusting.

- The Magic Kingdom is our first park of the trip.

- DH plays 'the fish game' in the Space Mnt. gift shop while I ride SM and then looks around the EE gift shop while I ride EE.

- We get a Christmas ornament during every trip we take. Although we might stop this.... we are amassing quite a few Disney ornaments! ;)

I'm sure there are more special things and traditions that we do. In 9 days we'll be doing them!!! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

We always make the MK our first park and go straight to Dumbo.

My husband and DS12 always insist on eating at Rosies @HS every year. They say that it is a tradition to sit there under the umbrellas, feed the birds and squirrels and people watch while we eat and relax.

We have the "traditional" Disney picture made every year on Main St. with the Castle in the background. It is great to look back at the changes in us and the additions to the family over the years.

On our last morning, we always go over to the Polynesian and walk around the grounds and do some last minute shopping in the gift shop. We cannot leave Florida until this has been done.

We always start and end our trip with the MK regardless of what any best day calendar says.:thumbsup2

I totally agree! I know there are so many things to do in the world now, and we do so many of them. However, since I've been going ever since MK was the only park, to me MK is WDW.

Epcot is always the first park we go to, and we like to see how many times we can manage to ride Test Track in one day while still enjoying all of the other fun things.

Must ALWAYS eat at ESPN Sports Zone for my sports-crazed men.

Even though the kids are now getting older, they still fight over who gets to sit by mom on the rides, so I have to make sure and take turns with all (including DH!) so no one feels left out.

It's a Small World--HAVE TO do it, even though the kids complain (one reason DH insists on it, I think :rotfl: ). Just tradition.

Once I started reading this thread, I remembered all sorts of traditions! I didn't realize DD & I had so many.:goodvibes Now looking at them, it's amazing how many have to do with food & shopping! You can tell it's a girls' only trip. :rotfl2:

Here are a few:

• We go the same week every year (first full week of May).
  • We always drive - and must take a picture of ourselves once we've pulled up to our resort. The big, goofy, "We're finally here!" smiles on our faces says it all.:rotfl:
  • Must watch Spectromagic Parade & Wishes - and cry a little at the fireworks :sad1:
  • Must send email postcards from Epcot:wave2:
  • DD must have a danish & the yogurt/granola from MK Bakery 1st thing when we get there. I always choose the cinnamon bun! Yum!:thumbsup2
  • Must ride Spaceship Earth (DD's favorite ride) at least 3 times
  • Must eat at Cantina de San Angel while looking out over the lake and laughing at the antics of all the birds. :p
  • Dole Whips! This year we'll get to have them more than once - we're staying at the Poly!:banana:
  • On our last day, we have to go to DTD to get all of our friends' & family's souvenirs. While there, DD always has to check out Virgin Megastore.
  • DD has to get at least one pin & one charm to commemorate our trip princess:
  • We buy a Christmas ornament for each of us at Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe in MK
  • DD must get at least 1 item of clothing from the Hello Kitty section of the Japan Pavillion store. This is what she'll wear on our trip back home - even if it's pajama bottoms! :rolleyes:
  • On the way home, we have to stop at the beach & stick our toes in the water.:beach:

There's more, but these are the ones that stand out for me.:flower3:

We watch Staci over and over and over...it's not Disney until we hear "look at all the lazy people in the lazy river!"

Are you part of our family?????? Stacy is our favorite, too!!

We also finish up our last morning in Disney with a character breakfast.

DTD, first thing! Finding at least 1 new Hidden Mickey, and trying one new restaurant per trip.

We do both Disneyland and Disneyworld, so we some for each and some for both! Here they are:

- We always eat lunch at Earl of Sandwich (this is a new World tradition!)
- We always throw a coin in the wishing wells at Disneyland and MK (my hubby proposed to me by Snow White's well in CA)
- We always ride Mr. Toad's Wild Ride in Disneyland, and Pirate's and Haunted Mansion in both Land and World.
- We always get a frozen banana!
- The whole family (and whatever extended family is with us) wears a Mickey t-shirt to a meal at Goofy's kitchen in Disneyland and Chef Mickey's in Disneyworld. This makes for fun pics!

I have some that I have from visiting as a child and others that have just evolved with my dh and I over the last couple of years...

- Spending arrival afternoon at DTD before checking in to our resort
- Eating at Ohana's our first night
- Taking a leisurely stroll down main street taking it all in
- Dinner at the Beirgarten
- Visit my dear mom's ( she passed away many years ago) favorite spot by the wishing well and castle moat to think of her and drop a rose in the moat
- Curling up in my husbands arms during wishes!!!

Just thinking about these makes me want to go back!!! :cloud9:

After reading these I remember some more of ours...I can't believe I forgot these...

- I usually get a couple pins each trip not to trade, but something that represents that particular trip, so when I look at it I am immediately taken back.

- We buy a Christmas Ornament from the Ye Old Christmas Shoppe in the MK...we are hoping to eventually have a Disney Christmas tree!

- We had our first Dole Whip Float ever this last trip, and I am sure this will be a tradition from now on. :lovestruc

MK is always our first day, too! Our tradition used to be breakfast with Pooh at the Crystal Palace, but the last two trips it has been breakfast at O'Hana instead. We love the food and the Polynesian atmosphere even though none of us are Stitch fans. I guess another tradition is to take a picture in front of the waterfall in the GCH and we'll continue to do that!

We just have a few:

Sitting on the rocking chairs as soon as we have checked into the Beach Club.

Eating at Yachtsmans Steakhouse and California Grill (we have to eat at the CG when we go to DLRP too!!)

Watching Illuminations on the 1st night.

My main ones are:

-first ride at MK is PoTC! It's get down Main Street, peek at the castle and head directly to the left! And we always start and finish a trip at MK!

-first night's dinner is always Chef Mickey's!

-must have breakfast at Crystal Palace and dinner at Chefs De France

-must find some new yeti souvenier each year!

We always see how many times we can hit Test Track at Epcot - we have a running tally going now. Our first trip, our son rode it 22 times - so every time we go, he's on a mission to beat that record, and he usually does.

We end every day in Epcot in the countries. Our favorite thing to do is to enjoy beverages around the world as our kids pin trade in each country's gift shops.

Everytime we pass Club Cool in Epcot, we all have to go in and do a "shot" of Beverly - as disgusting as it may be. It's tradition!

We CANNOT ride the monorail without repeatedly trying to say "Por Favor Mantega....etc" throughout the trip.

There's so many others - that's what makes it so much fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter