what is YOUR custom tradition?

jayandstacey

DIS Veteran
What traditions do you have, ones that you sort of "made up" yourself and like to do every trip?

For me:

- Getting a morning danish on MK main street, then going to the back of the deadend street (right side of main street, 1/2 down) and listening to the piano, tap and singing lessons tape as the crowd walks past to the castle

- Listening to late night AM radio on my headphones in the hotel.

- A nice relaxing meal in a particular back corner of the ABC Commisary

- Stopping to listen to the big band music on Sunset Blvd

- Walking from Tomorrowland to Mickey's Toontown Fair on the winding path along the railroad tracks

- Watching Wishes from the Carousel

- Getting lost, or at least disoriented. It is a bit of a thrill to have to figure out where I am or how to get somewhere. This is getting rarer with each trip :)

You?

I like to hotel hop on the monorail checking out all the shops! :goodvibes

Sitting by the pool/beach area with a drink and a book while DS swims and builds sand castles :)

I have some that I have from visiting as a child and others that have just evolved with my dh and I over the last couple of years...

- Spending arrival afternoon at DTD before checking in to our resort
- Eating at Ohana's our first night
- Taking a leisurely stroll down main street taking it all in
- Dinner at the Beirgarten
- Visit my dear mom's ( she passed away many years ago) favorite spot by the wishing well and castle moat to think of her and drop a rose in the moat
- Curling up in my husbands arms during wishes!!!

Just thinking about these makes me want to go back!!! :cloud9:

Both start and end our trip with ToT and RnR. They have to be the first thing we do and the very last before we head home!

We always take an early morning flight to Orlando, so I take pics of the kids when I wake them at 4 am.

I have to get a cherry turnover for breakfast at least once at the Main Street Bakery.

We have quite a few:

We arrive late pm after long flight from left coast and always go to Boma on first night as we are starving.

Every morning, first thing is head to DHS to do ToT, and then we leave the park. I will buy one drop picture from each trip.

Getting a popcorn on the way out at AK and fudge on the way out of MK.

Last night is Bistro de Paris dinner.

Last morning is DHS and that final ToT drop before heading to the airport.

Our big tradition is we always start our WDW trip with The Haunted Mansion! :cool1:
It s something we have done for years and it HAS to be our first attraction.
**A bit OCD, I realize, but on a prior trip, the HM was closed for a little while (the ghosts were a bit unruly, we were told!) and we waited until it opened to go on our first ride. No, we did not break years of tradition and go to something else! We simply waited patiently until Master Gracey was ready for our arrival :goodvibes )

Plus, our first dinner is always at Boma. It is our favorite restaurant and we like to start our trips with our favorites.

Lastly, we always end our trip in the MK. As DH and I walk down Main Street one last time hand in hand, I try to capture every last second of the Magic! I smell the smells, listen to the sounds, think about the wonderful week we just had & walk very S-L-O-W-L-Y backwards until I lose sight of Cinderella Castle.

Then its over and I cry.

Our first day is always at the MK. Ever since I was a little girl we would walk down Main Street and go into Adventure Land. We still always do that, and our first ride is always Aladin's Magic Carpet ride.:love:

We watch Staci over and over and over...it's not Disney until we hear "look at all the lazy people in the lazy river!"

Eating souped up oreos from Goofy's Candy Shop in DTD

Hitting MK at rope drop on the first day and heading straight to Dumbo!

Our first ride ever at Disney was Dumbo, so we always ride Dumbo first.

I always sneak into our room before our kids so that I can leave some "magic" for them to find when they first see the room. (Easily accomplished by sending them with DH to go buy our refillable mugs right away! Too many for him to carry by himself!) I leave small stuffed animals of Mickey & Minnie, Disney-themed chocolates, a new pair of Disney pj's, stuff like that, on "their" beds.

We always go to the Magic Kingdom first, during Extra Magic Hours, and we always wait until after dark to ride Haunted Mansion. (The kids don't really appreciate that as much as we do!)

Coming home, we stop after leaving Dulles airport at Amphora bakery/diner in Herndon, VA. Open 24 hours, it is a tradition we never miss regardless of our itinerary

I have a couple of traditions that are only carried out when we take my neice. On our first AK day all of the girls in the group have their faces painted. I also plan special princess meal. Prior to the BBB we would go shopping for her princess attire (the works - dress, crown, shoes, wig, etc) the day before the meal and then have a special time getting her ready for our "big date". Now that there is the BBB we let them take care of the "getting ready" but we still "window shop" for her costume prior to our BBB appointment.

DH and I told have a lot of traditions of our own. We do tend to eat breakfast at Boma on our last day

ON my drive from MCO, I almost always stop on the way in at DtD for a visit to World of Disney and about a 45 or so minute walk around Marketplace. Then, with my most often staying at the Swan, I usually take a boat ride to the Studios for an early meal, then head over to Epcot afterward to visit WS a bit and enjoy Illuminations. Then either a walk, or boat ride if tired, back to the Swan to rest up for the AM. :cool1:

I make it a point to have illuminations be the first and last thing I see on my trips. I had to deviate from that the last couple trips due to time issues, but overall I have kept to it and will put it back into play when I get down on jan 14th!

What traditions do you have, ones that you sort of "made up" yourself and like to do every trip?

For me:

- Getting a morning danish on MK main street, then going to the back of the deadend street (right side of main street, 1/2 down) and listening to the piano, tap and singing lessons tape as the crowd walks past to the castle

- Listening to late night AM radio on my headphones in the hotel.

- A nice relaxing meal in a particular back corner of the ABC Commisary

- Stopping to listen to the big band music on Sunset Blvd

- Walking from Tomorrowland to Mickey's Toontown Fair on the winding path along the railroad tracks

- Watching Wishes from the Carousel

- Getting lost, or at least disoriented. It is a bit of a thrill to have to figure out where I am or how to get somewhere. This is getting rarer with each trip :)

You?

And I forgot to mention - we have always stayed at Epcot resorts and always have a meal at Beaches and Cream - go B&C!

Our tradition has always been to start our vacation with breakfast at the Crystal Palace.

Here are our traditions:

- We start every trip by going to MK and riding Small World.

- We have a Photopass picture taken in front of the castle every trip.

- DD4 MUST see DeVine!

- Doing the polka with DDs at the Biergarten. (It's much more difficult now that they are both over 50lbs!)

- Hanging out on the balcony with DH after putting the girls to bed, just soakin' up the magic!:hug:

- Taking a picture of the girls sleeping in the same bed.

Our traditions were:

First meal (usually lunch, since we would catch an early flight) at Whispering Canyon.

Orange twist ice cream at MK.

Watching the Epcot fountain show obsessively until I got to hear Yanni's "Standing in Motion"

Baked goods on the last morning at the now defunct Epcot bakery by the fountain.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter