What is your 'coolest' scar?

I have a two inch one on my forehead, and a nasty looking one on my left eyelid (covered up by makeup) and a chunk of my eyebrow missing, plus little nik scars all up and down my left side of my body.......motorcycle accident. Was hit head on by a camper in the mountains and crashed into a ravine. I tell the story and people think I am a bada**.

Well some people think my scar on my neck is "cool"--i had 3 neck surgeries and have a 7 inch long scar across my neck.

My newest scar is from last month..i had surgery and then 2 days later, passed out due to lack of food and medicine, I fell forward on the kitchen floor and had 7 stitches on my chin

I have a series of scars running diagonally on my entire lower back, about 12-18 inches each, which are remnants from a jellyfish swarm that was ripped off violently by a passer by on the beach as I got out of the water screaming.

I also have a small scar on my lower right eyelid from when I was stabbed by a penknife (miraculously missed the eye), two childhood scars on my forehead, the tops of both of my feet close to the ankle from wiping out onto a huge rock when I was younger, and my entire right hand is full of scars from when I was more active in physical contact sports.

Coming soon, my right index finger when my stitches heal... I sliced off part of my fingertip doing some linocuts a few weeks back.

Mine is on my ankle. About 2"

I was about 18--at Harry's Bar in Tuscaloosa, AL and playing pool (pay no attention to the underage drinking--I'm sure I had a 'valid' ID:rotfl: ).

The guys we were playing pool against were losing and one of them threw their pool stick and it splintered. One part of the stick came FLYING at me and hit my foot. Cut my leather shoe and left me gushing blood.

My brilliant sister & I went home, got me cleaned up (i.e. bleeding stopped) and went BACK to Harry's b/c all the football players were still there.

The next morning I couldn't walk and had to go in for stitches and ended up on crutches for 3 days:rotfl2: .

Ahhhh---good times, good times.

Anyone else have an interesting scar story? Do share!

Oddly enough one of my strangest scars is on my leg from when we lived in Tuscaloosa! :rotfl: The first house we were renting had a nice hill running down beside it and I liked to roll down the hill. Unfortunately, one day I rolled right over a stick that stuck into my leg. Now that scar feels just like a piece of skin stretched over a little hole. :)
Kim

Wow where do I start. When I was six I was riding my bike and this boy who liked me was hiding behind a bush. As I was riding by he jumped out and scared me. I hit the rhubarb and cut my elbow open on a culvert pipe. It looks cool depending on which way I bend my elbow. I could write a book on all my scars. My most noteworthy one(s) is on my inside of my left thigh. I was riding a tractor lawn mower and the bushings were going in the steering. I took it out to the field to check some carragana bushes that we had just planted as the horses were eating them. I went to turn right and the steering cratered and I went through a barb wire fence at high speed with shorts on:scared: Well to make a long story short....450 stitches and a one week hospital stay, I now am the proud owner of 7 scars that measure 12-14 inches in length on the inside of my left leg and across my left hip. Basically it looks like I was attacked by a bear. Many people think that is what happened. Some times I tell them the truth sometimes the bear version sounds cooler:rotfl2: I tell little kids I got it from wrestling dinosaurs;)

My scar with the best story behind it is on my inner right thigh. I was 5 when a German Sheperd jumped on me (being friendly), his nail got caught in my thigh and ripped down from the top to my knee. My family didn't think to take me to the ER, so it was never stitched up. So I still have a large scar the length of what my thigh was at 5. Many people have asked if it's a run in my stocking. To this day, I'm still scared to death to have any dog jump on me.

ETA:
I forgot I have a Disney related scar story! I was meeting a playgroup at DTD when I lived in Orlando. I was walking through the mulch area in the parking lot with my DD who was 2. I slipped and fell. To avoid hurting her, I let my knees take the full impact of the fall. I ended up with one knee totally cut up and full of mulch. I had to walk to McDonald's covered in blood and mulch. My friends helped clean up my DD while I cleaned out my knee in the bathroom. Everytime we go to DTD, she reminds me of that.

I am a klutz and not ashamed to admit it! I have more scars than I can count but my favorites are:

12" from the base of my neck towards the top of my head (4 neck and brain surgeries)

18" from above the middle of my shoulder blades towards my bum (but even cooler are the titanium rods and screws wired to my spine!)

8" on my right thigh where the took muscle to graft into my neck

Is it weird to be proud of / think surgery scars are cool? For me they are a reminder of the lowest points of my life and I am glad to see them because that means I'm Still Standing :)

(but on an even weirder note - my brother insisted on keeping the staples from one of my head wounds and took them for show and tell in the 2nd grade - I can't even imagine what the teacher thought - and my parents were so preoccupied they didn't realize he took them until after he had already "shown and told":rotfl: )

Not me but dd has a scar on her thumb from Typhoon Lagoon. And her new claim to fame is a scar above her eye where she got hit by Joan Jetts guitarists guitar pick when he threw it in the audience.:confused3 :rolleyes1

I am the Queen of Scars... I swear my brain leaked out at some point in my childhood.. :crazy:

I am so accident prone, it's not even funny... Ok well it is when I look back and think... What the heck was I thinking :confused:

Scars on my left cheek since I was 4... Bit by a dog.. the one under my eye gets freckles every summer... Had lots of stitches inside and out of my cheek.. :scared:

Scar on my right thumb, *dont try this at home* 14, running from cops, jumped over fence, caught skin, yanked, kept running and bleeding all the way home.. ::cop:

Scar down my left arm, a good 6 inches long, cleaning out the freshly trimmed bushes, grabbed a stick and scratched the underside of my arm.. :worried:

Scars on left knee, 4 little Xs from knee surgery.. :sick:

Scar on right side forehead.. BFF hit me with a metal bucket because I was playing with a neighbor instead of her.. 7 stitches.. :hug:

Scar on my right forearm.. 6 stitches, cut myself on a tunafish can lid.. totally true story... :sad2:

Scar on the top of my head.. Brick landed on my head and split it open.. Next time remind me not to hide behind an old brick wall.. Way too many stitches to count.. :headache:

Scar on the back of my head.. Fell off the swing backwards onto a cement patio.. Needed stitches twice for that one.. 1st ones didnt heal right.. :upsidedow

Scar on my head, 5 stitches, fell off the bunkbed in my brother's room and landed on his nightstand.. :crazy2:

Scars.. countless.. hands and arms from Various cats, prior to having them declawed.. :cat:

Oh and my MOM has ALL the medical bills to prove it.. The DR called me Tiger who treated my face.. and the Nurses all knew me by 1st name.. ::yes::

At least we all know, what doesn't Kill us, makes us stronger!!!

I have a weird dimpled dent of a scar on the inside of my left elbow that's about the size of a quarter. When I was 5 my best friend's kitten scratched my finger and I got cat scratch fever. The infection traveled up my arm and stopped at my elbow. After a couple of weeks my elbow was the size of a softball. One day when my sister was helping me out of the car it popped and ever since I've had this odd scar that feels like cottage cheese.

I have several and I dont consider any of them "cool", all they are is a constant reminder of the pain etc. and all the surgery I had to go through earlier in life. Hmm, my biggest scar runs from between my shoulder blades to my butt. I am blessed to have a wonderful dh who maybe thinks its cool, lol!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter