• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is your best dining experience?

Character Meal -- Crystal Palace for breakfast
Lunch -- 50's Prime Time (but it has been about ten years since we went there, but we had a great "Aunt" who was really into the play acting)
Dinner -- Lecellier; we've had the best service each and every visit and wonderful food.

Now, we don't do signature dining and the V&A holds no interest for us. But from where we have eaten, these have been our favorites.

1.V&A
2.Wave
3.Kona
4.Bistro
5.Artist Point
Any of these could stand alone anywhere I've eaten.From Abilene to Youngstown and Ankara to Wiesbaden.
Innovative menus,great theming,excellent service.

Best is V&A. Every time has been consistently superior.

Runners up would be 1) bluezoo and 2) Bistro de Paris. bluezoo was so good 2 nights ago tht it had to move ahead of Bistro. A quiet meal at WDW with excellent food and service is such a treat at WDW.

Of the dining plan restuarants, I still think Flying Fish is the best with Citricos and Jiko tied for second.

Artist Point
Shulas
Jiko
California Grill

Breakfast - Boma, so good with pressed coffee!!! for the grownups and plenty to choose from for my picky eater son.
Lunch - Coral Reef, food maybe isn't the best in Disney but the aquarium is fun and it is tradition for my son and I to go there every time.
Dinner - Teppan Edo - went for the first time last year and we LOVED it, it was so much fun and the food tasted good too!
:thumbsup2

Our best was at Jiko last September. You can read the full review in our Dining Review that is linked in my signature. It was outstanding in every possible way. I can't imagine anything on WDW property not named Victoria and Albert's could be any better.

My best dining experience has always been the Yachtsmen. Even though it is not a character dining my kids absolutely love it here.Relaxing dining experience. The food and service has always been terrific and they love the puzzle for dessert. When the kids are happy so is Mommy and Daddy.

Character meal would be Cindy Gala Feast because my 8yr. old son reactions to the stepsisters is priceless.

Counter Service is Cosmic Rays, Sonny is always entertaining.

I'm disqualifying Victoria and Albert's because it's really off the radar for most guests. Upscale, nobody under age 10 allowed in. It really is a fantastic meal, but it's not fair to include it in the general mix.

So...

I like the idea of breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Breakfast:
Boma or Kona Cafe. Both have special tropical juice blends and real press-pot coffee instead of the Nescafé swill. ;) And they have really interesting items offered. Captain's Grill has a terrific little buffet with the basics. I had a grilled tomato with parmesan that was unexpectedly terrific.

Lunch:
Tough call. I don't have a favorite table service lunch place, but I'd probably vote for most places at Epcot or Brown Derby at the Studios.

Dinner:
I'd be perfectly happy at California Grill, Todd English's bluezoo™, Jiko, Flying Fish, Artist Point, Bistro de Paris, or Citrico's. You could blindfold me and plop me down at any of these places and I'd be happy. I still have Shula's and Il Mulino on my radar because I'm hearing wonderful things about them.

I would have to say our best dining experience would be Victoria's & Albert. We dined here for our 10th anniversary and had the most magical time. From the moment we arrived we felt like royalty. The food & service that night have never been topped for us. Beyond V&A I would say it would have to be our 20+ visits to California Grill over the years. There food and service are really outstanding. I love to order sushi from CG. I have had it many times and I am always happy with my choice. You can not beat the view from CG in any other WDW restaurant also.

I find that circumstances, not the restaurants per se, make for the most memorable experiences.

I still remember our first time in DisneyWorld: me back after twenty years away, the wife not being quite ready to go yet in the morning, wandering over to Kona and sitting down for a super early breakfast. Very little going on, just the noise and scent of the misting whatchamacallit in the lobby, a friendly waitress, real coffee and a heaping plate of tasty brekkers.

And I still remember our first visi to the California Grill, alone after an exhausting day with the rest of our group, catching the Grill less hectic than we'd experience again the following year, getting some of the tastiest vittles we ever had.

Another vote for Boma.

Like others have said, for us it was a combination of circumstances making it one of those magical meals...the day, the lodge, the food, Spectro and Wishes after.

For those who haven't tried it or are afraid to try it. I don't like the idea of "all you can eat" buffets...but Boma is not that. It's not a buffet to stuff your belly with comfort foods. I like to think of it as a Tapas style dining buffet...risk free sampling...The opportunity to try new, exotic flavors without worrying that you might not like the one thing you order.

We really love The Hollywood Brown Derby at Hollywood Studios. We had the best meal of our trip last year there. They served an out-of-this world filet, as well as an amazing grapefruit cake. We found the atmosphere to be upscale, yet relaxing. After you step inside and enjoy your meal, you almost forget that you are in a theme park. We also enjoyed Jiko at AKL as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter