What is wrong with these boards?

DisneyTrippin

Earning My Ears
I just spent 20 minutes typing a thread and then after I submitted it, the message I got said it was a dup of a thread I submitted within the last 5 minutes.

1. It was my first post of the day.
2. It was not a dup because I hit submit once.
3. If it was a dup, where is my original post?

STUPID BOARDS

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I have had that happen recently, too. Man, it drives you crazy to do all that typing, just to lose it. :badpc:

This is a common problem/bug on the boards. The solution is to make your subject line very short and that should solve the problem. Then when your post has posted successfully, you can go in and edit your subject line to say what you wanted it to say.

Try it and see if it works.

I've also had it happen to me recently. I have gotten into the habit of copying my text before I submit it, so if there's a problem I didn't lose what I typed.

bytheblood said:
Man, my subject line was 4 words!!!! :mad:

I know but it's a bug. I'm sure they are trying to fix it. It also doesn't always happen.

Just fix it after your post has been successfully posted. No biggie.

Cyber happens
8.gif

Happened to me when I was posting a trip report the other day. I haven't tried again.

If you have a tech. issue that persists you may want to report it on the tech board.

It happened to me when I was posting a trip report. Then it happended again. The third time I typed my report on Word then copied and pasted. It worked. Boy was I tired. AIt took me forever to type it

This also happened to me 3 times today!! I thought it was just me...glad to see that I am not the only one.

Thanks for the tips on getting it to work...

If I'm typing something long I always right-click and copy before hitting the submit button. If there's a problem I just hit the paste button and all my text is back in the box. It took losing a couple of posts before thinking to do that!!

When typing out something big like a trip rpt I think it is always best to do it in Word and then cut and paste - that way you can also save it and come back ater instead of having to do it all at one sitting and don't need to worry about time-outs etc etc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter