• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is wrong with the Mayor of Baltimore?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does that have to do with liking a post and commenting with an emotion face?

Do you think it's right that the public aren't invited to a baseball game that they paid tickets for?

I guess you do.

From Orioles.com: All fans with tickets to any of the games scheduled to be played Wednesday through Sunday may exchange their tickets for any remaining home game this season on a "dollar-for-dollar" basis.

About Monday's and Tuesday's games: The two games will be made up as part of a single-admission doubleheader at Oriole Park on Thursday, May 28, starting at 4:05 p.m.

Well, the thugs won. In 20 minutes the Orioles will play in Baltimore for the first time ever without a crowd. This country has gone through World Wars and terrorist attacks, and we've never given up until now. We allowed a bunch of savage thugs to rule our lives and keep us from enjoying the freedoms that make this country the best in the world. I hope you are proud Baltimore of this record event!

I just heard you cant use the word "thug" anymore and it is now considered racist. Even Baltimore's mayor is apologizing for calling these "frustrated youths" thugs.

Well, the thugs won. In 20 minutes the Orioles will play in Baltimore for the first time ever without a crowd. This country has gone through World Wars and terrorist attacks, and we've never given up until now. We allowed a bunch of savage thugs to rule our lives and keep us from enjoying the freedoms that make this country the best in the world. I hope you are proud Baltimore of this record event!
That's OK. They are playing against the White Sox who are used to playing in an empty stadium :P.

From Orioles.com: All fans with tickets to any of the games scheduled to be played Wednesday through Sunday may exchange their tickets for any remaining home game this season on a "dollar-for-dollar" basis.

About Monday's and Tuesday's games: The two games will be made up as part of a single-admission doubleheader at Oriole Park on Thursday, May 28, starting at 4:05 p.m.
Well of course I know they were going to do that. That's not the point being discussed.

What does that have to do with liking a post and commenting with an emotion face?

Do you think it's right that the public aren't invited to a baseball game that they paid tickets for?

I guess you do.

Don't know if the correct response is, keep guessing, try again, go fish or something else. There's a reason I used space to separate my comments. They weren't related.

It's getting to the point where cops are afraid to arrest or pull over black men for fear of being sued or fired. But for the people who are hard-working in these neighborhoods, they are sick of the drug trade (Baltimore has highest heroin rate in the country), they are sick of the violence and sick of the robberies, so unless you live in these neighborhoods and want your life back, stop your crying about these poor "innocent" thugs. When you have been arrested 18 times, the benefit of the doubt is gone and more than likely if you are in a high crime drug area running from the cops then you are up to no good.
I've noticed you deliberately remove the posters name you are replying to. It's standard message board protocol to keep the posters name in the quote so others know who you are responding to.

The face is sad shaking head in disbelief.

It's obvious we don't see things the same way.

I don't know if the PPs saw things the way I did, but I thought your "sad shaking head" was to the OP's comments (as in you were in disbelief that she would say that) rather than to the contents of her posts (as in you are in disbelief that the game would be held with no people). If they did see it the way I did, that might explain why they thought you were contradicting yourself.

Or maybe not. What do I know?

Don't know if the correct response is, keep guessing, try again, go fish or something else. There's a reason I used space to separate my comments. They weren't related.
Sorry about that. It was an accident on my part.

I don't know if the PPs saw things the way I did, but I thought your "sad shaking head" was to the OP's comments (as in you were in disbelief that she would say that) rather than to the contents of her posts (as in you are in disbelief that the game would be held with no people). If they did see it the way I did, that might explain why they thought you were contradicting yourself.

Maybe if you hold on a moment the poster will return to tell you what you know. It seems they are an expert in what several of us are thinking.

Totally see what you are saying. I meant it as I am sad about no fans at the game.

I don't like emojis. I'll try not to use them.

That's exactly it.

Totally see what you are saying. I meant it as I am sad about no fans at the game.

I don't like emojis. I'll try not to use them.

It's too bad there had to be a decision made. Was it the right decision? I'm not sure. I'm not the type of person to back down in many situations and I'm opposed to caving in to terrorists. It's quite possible in the interest of public safety and in the interest of not having other swaths of the city destroyed it may have been the right choice in this instance.

Out of the multitude of issues regarding Baltimore, people are actually saddened that a baseball game will be played without an audience. This can't be real life. I feel like I've entered The Twilight Zone.

Out of the multitude of issues regarding Baltimore, people are actually saddened that a baseball game will be played without an audience. This can't be real life. I feel like I've entered The Twilight Zone.
Since there will be no fans, hundreds of people will lose at least one day of work.

It's about freedom. You don't see that?

I just heard you cant use the word "thug" anymore and it is now considered racist. Even Baltimore's mayor is apologizing for calling these "frustrated youths" thugs.

I heard a very nasty exchange on this subject last night in an interview. While the person objecting to the word was very articulate and had some valid points I think this stand detracts from the vital pieces of the issue and helps nothing. The word applies to behavior, irrespective of race. Ironically the most common context I hear the word used in is a defense attorney who continually uses that word to refer to police. (Don't let the conversation get detoured off on that as if it's meaningful in the context of police brutality. In his case I can promise you he simply employs a defense strategy of always scripting a villain for juries. The police are always handy if he doesn't have another actor he can cast in the role. It's so openly known courthouse regulars & this same attorney himself routinely razz the bailiffs in whatever courtroom he's in as being jackbooted thugs.)

Since there will be no fans, hundreds of people will lose at least one day of work.
My boyfriend was able to access his office at Mondawmin Mall today for the first time this week. I understand as well as anyone that this situation has affected people's ability to work. It still pales in comparison to the big picture of civil unrest, violence, looting, and a burning city.

ETA: Oops, I was mistaken. He just got home and said he wasn't able to get into the mall. Still closed.

It's about freedom. You don't see that?
Baseball does not equal freedom in my mind. I'd rather see people be able to live free from abject poverty and police brutality.

Last edited:
I think baseball, mom and apple pie will survive this temporary situation. ::yes::
Didn't say they wouldn't survive.

Hard working people who pay taxes and just want to enjoy a baseball game are being told they can't now because of rioters? It's just not right. The rioters are taking away freedoms from others who don't deserve to be treated this way.

I'm not sure why you don't get it. Maybe your not American I dont know. That would explain it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter