• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is wrong with the Mayor of Baltimore?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll add this from The Guardian.
"Batts confirmed that Gray, who was in leg irons, was not wearing a seatbelt in the vehicle as required by the department’s policy. “There are no excuses for that. Period,” he said. Past prisoners in Baltimore have died from injuries sustained when they were thrown around the back of police vehicles due to fast or erratic driving and abrupt stops."

The article goes on to say.....

"Davis said Gray said he needed a medic during a third stop by the van, made to pick up a second prisoner, but an ambulance was not called until 25 minutes later, after the vehicle arrived at police headquarters. Batts told reporters that during the third stop, officers “picked him up off the floor and placed him on a seat”.

So it sounds like we do have confirmation that he was deliberately left to bounce around the vehicle.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...backtrack-over-possible-explanation-for-death
That is awful, if true. I may have read something similar, but less detailed, when news of it first came out.

That is awful, if true. I may have read something similar, but less detailed, when news of it first came out.
I find it shocking that The Guardian consistently has more in depth and complete reporting than US news sources.

It is a truly horrible way to treat any human being. Period.
Those quotes are directly from Police Commissioner Anthony Batts. I have no reason to doubt that he is telling the truth.

I find it shocking that The Guardian consistently has more in depth and complete reporting than US news sources.
It is an excellent newspaper IMO. The app is quite helpful, too. They don't notify too much, but fairly frequently I'll see a breaking news alert from the Guardian before any other US news source reports.

Last edited:

I guess Ferguson had 2 more shootings last night. They don't know if they are related but they are protesting as well because of Baltimore. Did they not learn from the first time?

I guess Ferguson had 2 more shootings last night. They don't know if they are related but they are protesting as well because of Baltimore. Did they not learn from the first time?

Sometimes it takes a while for people to learn. I look at many of the comments on this thread and wonder if people learned nothing from the DOJ reports on Ferguson.

So if nothing else, the PD is guilty of not getting him medical help and leaving him in a dangerous situation in the back of the van. So while they may not have beat him up, they are still responsible for his death

That's how all prisoners are transported in police vans. They weren't singling this punk out to kill him. It is extremely dangerous for the cops to crawl in there and buckle the prisoners in for the ride. And anyone with a police background knows that MOST criminals cry out for medical help. The want to go to the hospital instead of jail, my son who is a physician in an inner city hospital sees it every day. These cops are not responsible for this guy's death. It was an unfortunate accident due to recent surgery and the van ride. If he wouldn't have been participating in criminal activity he wouldn't have been arrested for the 18th time and he would still be alive today enjoying

We can't keep looking at these things and saying "well, you shouldn't get arrested" or "you shouldn't get pulled over" or "he shouldn't have run".

It's getting to the point where cops are afraid to arrest or pull over black men for fear of being sued or fired. But for the people who are hard-working in these neighborhoods, they are sick of the drug trade (Baltimore has highest heroin rate in the country), they are sick of the violence and sick of the robberies, so unless you live in these neighborhoods and want your life back, stop your crying about these poor "innocent" thugs. When you have been arrested 18 times, the benefit of the doubt is gone and more than likely if you are in a high crime drug area running from the cops then you are up to no good.

That's how all prisoners are transported in police vans. They weren't singling this punk out to kill him. It is extremely dangerous for the cops to crawl in there and buckle the prisoners in for the ride. And anyone with a police background knows that MOST criminals cry out for medical help. The want to go to the hospital instead of jail, my son who is a physician in an inner city hospital sees it every day. These cops are not responsible for this guy's death. It was an unfortunate accident due to recent surgery and the van ride. If he wouldn't have been participating in criminal activity he wouldn't have been arrested for the 18th time and he would still be alive today enjoying
You are wrong. It's against procedure to not buckle people in. The department has come out and said its against procedure.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...backtrack-over-possible-explanation-for-death

From above link:

Batts confirmed that Gray, who was in leg irons, was not wearing a seatbelt in the vehicle as required by the department’s policy. “There are no excuses for that. Period,” he said. Past prisoners in Baltimore have died from injuries sustained when they were thrown around the back of police vehicles due to fast or erratic driving and abrupt stops."

-----------------------------
It might be your personal preference that Grey was not in a seatbelt, but it was against department policy. I wonder if the son the physician shares your opinion about people being in restraints and left to bounce around (without a seatbelt) in the back of a van.

Last edited:
Well, the thugs won. In 20 minutes the Orioles will play in Baltimore for the first time ever without a crowd. This country has gone through World Wars and terrorist attacks, and we've never given up until now. We allowed a bunch of savage thugs to rule our lives and keep us from enjoying the freedoms that make this country the best in the world. I hope you are proud Baltimore of this record event!

Here's an idea. Don't call the police and handle it yourself if you know better. The criminal won't hesitate to harm you.

I would rather see the police get a lack of service issued to them instead of worrying if someone is going to accuse you of wrong doing.

Well, the thugs won. In 20 minutes the Orioles will play in Baltimore for the first time ever without a crowd. This country has gone through World Wars and terrorist attacks, and we've never given up until now. We allowed a bunch of savage thugs to rule our lives and keep us from enjoying the freedoms that make this country the best in the world. I hope you are proud Baltimore of this record event!
:sad2:So sad!!!!

Last edited:
Didn't you just like the same post?

It would appear you are correct.

Kind of boggles the mind to see that in light of what's gone on people still don't have the sense to wake up to the idea that the only way things will improve is to collectively decide everyone must pull together for a solution, everyone must sweep their own stoop and everyone must be heard.

It would appear you are correct.

Kind of boggles the mind to see that in light of what's gone on people still don't have the sense to wake up to the idea that the only way things will improve is to collectively decide everyone must pull together for a solution, everyone must sweep their own stoop and everyone must be heard.
What does that have to do with liking a post and commenting with an emotion face?

Do you think it's right that the public aren't invited to a baseball game that they paid tickets for?

I guess you do.

The face is sad shaking head in disbelief.

It's obvious we don't see things the same way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter