What Is Wrong with Me? I Cannot Decide!

merri

Earning My Ears
I seriously need help! We have been to Disney several times. I have stayed at All Star Music, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans FQ, Poly, Grand Floridian, and th Wilderness Lodge.

Now my mom is going to take our family (4 of us) and my sister's family (3 of them). They want me to guide everyone with where to stay. All of a sudden I cannot decide!! My mom is paying for the rooms for everyone so I feel a little guilty asking her to pay for a Deluxe or Deluxe Villas. She has said that she is fine with the prices on the Deluxe Villas but would not mind looking at something a little more economical since we will not spend much time in the rooms. My sister likes the idea of the villas or deluxe resorts. I am okay with anything...honestly!! I will stay anywhere as long as I am at Disney!

I am feeling the pressure!! I want everyone to be happy with where we stay and want my mom to feel good about what she is paying. I also do not want to feel like we are taking advantage of her paying for the accommodations. Our favorites are the Poly and Wilderness Lodge. However, I can be just as happy at a moderate.

Any suggestions on where you would choose to stay? We have never traveled with extended family before. I feel like I am making this way harder than it needs to be.

Thanks in advance!
Merri

What about POFQ? You have stayed there before. Two rooms for 8 people. I'm guessing that your mom will share a bed with someone. I was going to stay there this year but got a great deal renting DVC points at BWV. I'm still thinking of adding a few days and if I do I'm booking POFQ, because I love the look of the theming Of the Resort!:jester:

I'm just going with your thoughts on staying moderate. Here are some ideas/suggestions:

Have you considered Fort Wilderness? That might be fun and those are moderate.

Also I don't know if this matters but I know Coronado Springs now has Queen beds in all the rooms. Would that help at all with the comfort level in the moderates?

I personally love Wilderness Lodge but I understand where you are coming from. When my DH and DD and I go I don't mind paying the money for the Deluxe because it's my money but I would hate to ask my parents to foot that bill.

But I will also cast a vote for POFQ simply because I love it! Let us know what you decide!

By any chance are you travelling when the pin code for 40% off deluxe is in place? That might help.

Either way, I would explain to your sister that your mom asked about a possible more economic way and I would go for the moderate. Since you aren't spending that much time at the resort...I would go that way.

Have you looked into renting points from Board Sponsor dvc.request.com? I don't know how long you plan to stay or when, but 5 nights in June (Sun-Friday) for a 2 bedroom DVC is between $2000-$2600 depending on location. Adding on those weekend nights really are costly, but you could possible just add on a couple more nights at a moderate.

5 nights at a Moderate with the PIN code is $830/room or $1660. 5 nights at WL is $1250/room or $2500 total.

Just a thought.

K

Why not pick one of the resorts that you have already stayed in? If you know you liked one of them, then I think you'd feel comfortable with your choice. I absolutely love the CBR and go back year after year.

Thank you for all of the great thoughts! I feel more calm just reading your responses. I feel the same as an above poster that we do not mind footing the bill for a deluxe when we go alone, but feel strange having someone else do it is different.

My mom will share a room with my sister and family so we can easily do two rooms at the same place. Right now I am leaning toward one of the moderates since someone else is paying. I think our kids would love CBR...my dd has never stayed there, but is really wanting to do so. She is like me...she would stay anywhere if it meant being at Disney. I believe we will go for 4 to 5 nights...we may add a few on at the end just for us.

Thank you for the advice on renting points. We have not done that, but I will certainly look into it. I am also going to check out Fort Wilderness...I have not looked there before, but am open to anything right now!

Thanks again!

It's really hard to choose something for other people -- that's probably why you're having the problem.;)

I would suggest 2 things based on what you have said:

#1) Look for a good AP, PIN or general discount first. If you can find one, then your choices will be less "limited" by you're feelings about spending too much of someone else's money. If you can get a good deal, you can get a deluxe like WL at a moderate price.;)

#2) Look at rooms at WL and VWL. Since it's already a favorite of yours, and it (along with AKL) is the least expensive of the deluxes, the rates will be more palatable.

It actually sounds like the CBR may be a great fit for everybody in your party. And, it won't hurt anybody's pocketbook too much.;)

French Quarter. Love the theming, pool is GREAT for kids, and the entertainment in the bar/lounge area at night is great to unwind to after a long day.

I would suggest renting DVC points and getting a 3 bedroom villa!

Or, book 2 rooms at CSR - as a pp mention, queen beds might make for more comfortable sleeping arrangements!

Fort Wilderness might not work so well - you can only have 6 people per cabin, so you could have to get 2 cabins, which would be more expensive than 2 rooms at a Mod - so in that case, you probably could have just gone deluxe!

I did planning for a family trip in 2006. My DMIL wanted to take her kids and grandkids(13 of us in all) to Disney and wanted me to book mod rooms. My DMIL is a bit older and has macular degeneration (loss os eyesight) and I told all the kids that we really should stay at a Deluxe (WL) so she would have more options for places to relax (lobby, etc) and interior corridors. They agreed and so we told DMIL that each family would pay the difference in the price between the mod and the WL. She said that would be fine, but by the time we actually went (we booked a year in advance) she wanted to pay the whole thing. I have a great MIL:cloud9:
Maybe you and your sister could pay the difference between a mod and the hotel that you most want to stay at.
Not sure when you are going, but they have a great room only code right now that goes through sometime in the summer. We are staying on this code at BLT, 1 BR villa. It is 45% off so a great price! Check out Disneys's web site for discounts:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter