What is Virgin Downtown Disney Check in??

Deniseuk

Earning My Ears
As The subject says, What is Virgin Downtown Check in Please???
I hope this is not a silly question. I have tried reading all the threads but have not a clue :crazy:
I am getting dafter as i get older::yes::
Once again thanks all.
Kind Regards, Denise:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Virgin provide a check-in desk at Downtown Disney for passengers on their flights. Downtown Disney is the shopping/entertainment complex on Disney's property, and being able to check-in there means you can make the most of the last day of your holiday. Check-in with Virgin at Downtown Disney at 9am on yopur last day and you still have a pretty much full day to visit the parks, etc. As you will already have checked in your luggage and goy your boarding passes you do not neeed to get to the airport until 45 minutes before your flight.

Regards

Rob

If you are flying with Virgin you can take your bags to the check-in at DTD on the morning of your flight (I think from 9.00am onwards) and basically check-in !! i.e get rid of your suitcases and get your bording cards.

This basically means you then have the rest of your last day in orlando to enjoy yourselves without having to drag around cases or store them somewhere.

The cases are taken to the airport for you and all you have to do is turn up and go straight through to departures - no queing at check-in at the airport.

The check-in is in the parking lot just infront of the Cirque building.

Hope this answers your questions.

:cool:

This should answer your queries !

Downtown Disney check-in

All passengers (providing they are holding a confirmed seat) may use this Downtown Disney check-in there will be a charge of USD$5.00 per person (excluding infants) payable at the check in desk. This includes Continental Codeshare passengers.

This service will be complimentary to the following groups of passengers:

*Upper Class Passengers
*flying club gold card holders

Please note: This service is NOT complimentary to passengers traveling in Club Orlando

* The location is Downtown Disney near the Cirque De Soleil at Pleasure Island. Pleasure Island is also home of the Virgin Megastore and Planet Hollywood.
* The check-in is open air and therefore subject to weather conditions. All passengers should be advised of this when they call.
* The check-in is open from 0800 - 1300 every day. Boarding passes will be given to the passengers.
* This is a check-in facility only and therefore, no adjustments can be made to existing tickets i.e. upgrades.
* Tickets on departure (TODs) and reissues of tickets MUST be handled at the Airport Ticket Desk.
* All special needs passengers and standby staff will need to use the airport check-in.
* When checking in, the passenger must have all their baggage with them, including hand (cabin) bags (to be weighed). As space is limited, hand baggage cannot be checked in and reclaimed at the airport. The passenger must keep all cabin baggage with them.
* All passengers must be present at check-in.
* All passengers using this service still need to arrive at the airport 2hrs before their scheduled departure time.
* Payment for excess baggage, date of travel change fees and upgrade charges can also be taken at this location.
* Any of the above charges can only be taken in the form of USD cash (small denominations are preferred) or credit cards only.
* Telephone number: 407 828 0146 / 407 828 0144

tyke

Can someone clarify something for me? If we use DTD check-in can we check DD's car seat at the gate or will we have to queue up again when we get to the airport? Everything elase can go via DTD but we'll need the car seat to get to the airport!

Thanks for any help!!!! :)

Yes, you can check the car seat (and stroller) at the gate - we did this last year with Virgin.

Also, if you've booked via Virgin Holiday - either package or fly-drive - then the charge for using the service is waived. :D

Paul

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter