What is too big for the campsite?

EmmaTJsMom1

Earning My Ears
We are looking into buying our first camper. We have looked at many different brands and lengths. We keep coming back to 29' to 31'. So the overall lengths are from about 31' to 33'.

Are there any major issues with getting this size into sites?

Tracy

What are you looking at? Trailer, 5th Wheel, Motorhome? I have used a 28ft class C and a 34ft class A motorhome and only had one site I could not get into due to fence and a tree with the 34 footer. They put me in another site with no problem. We recently bought a 29ft 5th wheel but we haven't made it down with that one yet. I found that most of the sites had plenty of room and backing in them was suprisingly simple.

Sorry I should have given you that info. We are looking at a Jayco Travel Trailer. My husband was skeptical about getting it into some sites, since the salesperson said some don't allow over a certain length.

When you make your reservations they will ask you the size/type of your camper. If it has slide outs be sure to mention that also. They will put you in a site that fits you. Fort Wilderness can take all sizes and types of campers. Now there are some campgrounds that due restrict some of the bigger rigs, just be sure to ask about it when you call for reservations. You might want to invest in a Woodalls or similar campground guide. We have always found them very helpful. :teeth:

We have seen motorhomes up to 45' and even longer 5th wheels at FW many times. As mentioned when making resies give length and slide and awning info along with toad info so you get a site you will fit in.

John

John VN said:
We have seen motorhomes up to 45' and even longer 5th wheels at FW many times. As mentioned when making resies give length and slide and awning info along with toad info so you get a site you will fit in.

John

We were FW last week in loop 1400 and we had called several times prior to our arrival regarding our reservation to ensure we had a site big enough for our 31' TT. While we did end up getting our rig into our site, however it was a job and a half backing into it. I can back up, level our rig, unhook, stabilize, slide out and be completely set up in about 20 minutes normally. This time, it took me about an hour as our site was extremely difficult to back into. It was not the best site for our size rig. Once we were able to back in, we were able to set up with relative ease but I'm here to tell you, we stressed our rig size several times and still ended up with a very difficult site.

We just got back and have a 32 travel trailer and did request 1200 didn't get it so they put me in the 1300 loop site 1313 very hard to get in DH did get it in. 1300 loop looked very hard to get some trailers in they do have 2 pull thru sites

We have 45' motorhome we have found that some site are tight to get into but most we can. Disney is working on this problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter