What is the weirdest thing you needed in Disney but didn't have?

I need to remember medical things. I just got back from a two week beach trip and I needed bandaids and cold sore cream. My kids are older but stuff still happens!

I keep a toiletry bag that only gets used on vacation. I keep all that stuff (including bandaids and cold sore cream) in that bag so I never forget to include them. We don't travel a lot, but enough that it's worth keeping those items put aside. It makes packing so much easier!

Yeah, after a few trips you start to pack for the one-offs. Gold Bond powder has become a necessity, whereas I didn't even know it was a number of years ago.

Double sided fabric tape
Dramamine
Sound machine (now taken care of with phone apps, of course)
Distilled water (wife has to do a sinus rinse twice a day)
Duct tape (variety of uses)
Tweezers
Stand for toddlers to use when at sink - tooth brushing and such
Over-door bathroom compartmentalizer

I forgot eye drops one time. I get bad dry eyes. I was pleased to find some in the stroller rental store in Disney Springs. Also some strong sun tan lotion. They stock a lot of medical items in there! It was in the market place..I wonder where it is located now!

A couple of things I have learned to always bring:

1. Body Glide - stuff is a savior.

2. Powerstrip - there never seems to be enough easily accessible outlets in rooms. This always helps.

3. Portable battery for phone - My wife and I are always connected people, even while on vacation. We are constantly taking pictures, posting photos on IG and FB, and more. Also, using the My Disney Experience app will drain your battery as well. If you are planning on a full day at the parks, these are very useful. We usually just plug up our devices whenever we stop to eat, watch a show, or to rest. Keeps our devices "alive" full the entire day at the parks.

Not weird but on a 2 week Disney vacation with no car, my husband forgot scissors to trim his moustache really struggled to buy a pair within Waltdisneyworld.

Unexpectedly about 2 days into our trip my brother's hand started to hurt so we needed to get a wrap for it. Luckily Disney First Aid was able to provide one for free. Which my friend also ended up getting near the end of our trip to wrap up her knee which started to hurt after all the walking.

One thing I'm glad I brought along is a small bottle of hand sanitizer. Not super germ conscious but when I remembered it was good to use right before getting a snack or any meal where you'll eat with your hands. It was also good to have just in-case someone touched a particularly sticky interactive panel around the parks.

Wine bottle opener. What? Don't judge, I now keep one on my travel shelf in my closet so I know to grab it, it won't fit in my always packed hanging toiletry bag. I also keep one in the glove compartment of my car and since I drive I know I'll have that one.

Insoles for my shoes. I was using orthotic inserts for my shoes. I forgot that I had taken them out of my walking shoes and switched them to a different pair so I got to WDW and had no insoles in my walking shoes. I had another pair of tennis shoes with me but my feet weren't happy. I looked at every shop we went into but never found any in the world. We didn't have a car on that trip so my feet just had to tough it out.

Body gllide and in the event that you still end up with heat rash or "chub rub", some sort of diaper ointment. Last September I was miserable and spent $7 at the gift shop for a tube of diaper rash cream to ease my misery. Both that and chafing gel will be in the bag from now on.

Body gllide and in the event that you still end up with heat rash or "chub rub", some sort of diaper ointment. Last September I was miserable and spent $7 at the gift shop for a tube of diaper rash cream to ease my misery. Both that and chafing gel will be in the bag from now on.

The chafing struggle is real.

You can always tell who in the parks have been walking a lot, but did not properly prevent chafing: they waddle with their legs spread wide, hoping to prevent the burning sensation of thighs rubbing together.

Body Glide and the correct underwear cannot be recommended enough, LOL.

The chafing struggle is real.

You can always tell who in the parks have been walking a lot, but did not properly prevent chafing: they waddle with their legs spread wide, hoping to prevent the burning sensation of thighs rubbing together.

Body Glide and the correct underwear cannot be recommended enough, LOL.

Solidarity, my brothers and sisters. The chafing struggle is real.

May the crotches of all of our shorts be high enough to create an effective barrier! :tiptoe::teeth:

Solidarity, my brothers and sisters. The chafing struggle is real.

May the crotches of all of our shorts be high enough to create an effective barrier! :tiptoe::teeth:

I feel bad for men with this issue. You don't have many options. I've resorted to wearing Capri knit pants. Not because I've got a rocking body or anything but because they are the most comfy and most anti chafing option.

_12495412.jpg

Allegra. Usually seasonal allergies aren't an issue at WDW, but for some reason last summer at WL my daughter's kicked back in. Resort shop pharmacy items, while handy, are not cheap.

Re: chafing :) We have been to WDW every year-or twice a year sometimes-since we've been married 24 years ago. But about two years ago, when it had never happened before, my husband had severe chafing. We had to go to the Walgreens in LBV and get him some gold bond powder. It was so bad he couldn't even take a step without wincing in pain. :scared:

Contacts- About 11 years ago, I tore a contact lens getting ready one morning at BC. It was August, very hot and sweaty and I couldn't stand the thought of wearing my glasses around the parks with them slipping down my face from sweat. I thought I had remembered to pack an extra pair-as I always did-but after tearing apart every piece of luggage, I finally called a eye center in Kissimmee in the hopes they could either refill or give me a test pair. My eyes are pretty bad, and no one anywhere had my prescription without having to order. So, I still have pictures of me that year looking hot and miserable in my ugly glasses. The worst part is, when I got home and was unpacking-guess what fell out of a tiny fold in the luggage? You got it-my extra pair of contacts!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter