What is the weirdest thing you have found in the street?

An air-soft gun that was a near exact copy of a model 1911 REAL gun.

Weird, as in "out of place", right?

Well, in that case...

I was visiting a small town up in Northern Ontario. And one day I noticed a crowd of people standing around something on the sidewalk, looking down and talking quite excitedly about it. When I walk over, I realize they're all staring at... a very ordinary grey pigeon (a rock pigeon, like you'll see in most North American cities). :rotfl:

"What kind of bird is that?" they're asking each other. "It must be some kind of exotic pet, escaped from somewhere!"

I said, "It's a pigeon!"

"That's a pigeon?"

See, pigeons don't ever get up this far north, so they'd never seen one before. This one must have got confused and lost its way. It was, by far, the weirdest thing I've ever found on a street. And also the most ordinary.

A baby bird. It was odd because there were no trees in the area, I have no idea where he'd have come from! He was just parched so I gave him to the people next door where the dad works with parks and wildlife. I think maybe a magpie had grabbed him but dropped him. I don't know the English word for him but he wasn't all naked, he had feathers but he couldn't fly yet.

I'm always amused when I see a pair of underpants on the sidewalk...how fast were those people going?

Funny you should ask. I have the strangest feeling this is a "sign" but can't imagine how it relates. When driving down the interstate or road, I very often see one shoe. It is strange how often this happens to me hence the feeling this is some sort of message. Go figure

Years ago we were driving in a rural area and there was a toilet in the middle of the road.

I once found a five dollar bill inside of a plastic cup. And once I found a picture of a man and someone had scratched the name "Lamont" into the picture.

My son and I spotted a chunk of someone's wig (half black, half red) in the middle of the street that we traveled each morning on the way to his school. It remained there for several weeks until a heavy rain moved it to the curb. It stayed there for several weeks until it was buried under the autumn leaves. Not sure what happened to it as we didn't see it in the spring after the snow melted. We called it 'WeaveWatch 2014' and told all our friends who drove the same route. Photos were taken, memes were created, much fun was had by all...

On the side of the interstate on Saturday was a child's bookcase, with the name "Caden" painted on it, leaning against the guardrails.

When I was a kid I would bike down to a bridge on our country road and play underneath. One time there was a cardboard box full of salt and pepper shaker sets, like somebody's collection. I excitedly brought it home. My mom was not so excited about my treasure. I'm not sure what happened to them.

I was one who put something at the curb. When we moved into our house years ago I took out a bunch of plants from the back yard. I put them out on the curb so when the garbage trucks came around they would take them. Later that day I looked out and the garbage workers were both looking over the plants and then looking at my house. They then put the plants into the cab of the truck. I really thought that was strange but who knows right. A couple of days later I met some of my neighbours. They wanted to know what I was going to do with my marijuana plants. When they told me where they were I realized that they were the plants that I got rid of.
tigercat

A dead coyote just this past weekend. My sister and I had never seen a live one so it was kind of weird to see a dead one on the side of the road.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter