What is the weather usually like in November?

southernqueen

Earning My Ears
Our cruise and trip to WDW is in November. What is the weather usually like in November? I want to know how to pack.

Thanks

Actually, that is right at the time of the year where it gets to where it can be in the 80s for highs, or it can be 50 for a high. We were there the week after thanksgiving one year and the weather was nice, but people were reporting that it was freezing and they were in coats and gloves the week before. We have started out the week after thanksgiving in shorts and ended in coats and gloves. You just never know that time of year. If you are talking the first week of November I would think the weather would probably still be fairly consistently warm, but any later in November there is no telling.

We got caught in that cold air front last year after Thanksgiving in our WDW/cruise trip. While it put a damper on going to the pool, it was really nice to have those temperatures in the parks where you're in the sun and walking around a lot. So just check the temps before your trip and bring a light sweater if it shows that it will be cool.

I've lived here 14 years now and November is always different. It can be anywhere from low 50's to low 80's. This past year the whole week of Thanksgiving was 30's at night and low 50's during the day cloudy and rainy...just yuck. It is a very iffy time. I would just check a few days before your trip for the "lake buena vista" forecast.

Bring a bit of everything.

a few pair of shorts, capri's, and jeans,
Shirts that can match all of them,
a sweat shirt and hoodie, and pair of mittens
couple of pairs of shoes, athletic, or deck shoes, and flip flops
bath suit ( cause you never know)

Last year we hit the parks and cruised during Veteran's Day week. It was chilly one day and we needed a light jacket/hoodie. Otherwise it was comfortable enough for shorts/capris/tshirts during the day and just a light jacket/hoodie at night. It was gorgeous and in the 80s on Castaway! Just be sure to pack a little bit of everything!

We were there in November 2009 and it would be in the 80's during the day but got chilly at night. We ended up having to buy fleece blankets for our kids in their strollers.

We will also be there the week before Thanksgiving, but have been there in November before and the weather was fabulous, but you never know!!! We were in Disney in 2009 in mid December and we FROZE to death. The wind and weather was so cold (and we are from PA) and didnt bring many "warm" clothes down thinking it would be warmer - Wrong. There was ICE on the bushes by the Winnie THe Pooh Ride it was that cold. I can stand the cold, but the wind made it almost unbearable. It was weird for Florida, but it definately felt like Christmas! I am hoping to only have to wear jeans or a sweat jacket this November at night :)

We were also there last year the week leading up to Thanksgiving. 85 the day we arrived, thanksgiving morning it was in the 40s. Needless to say we packed pants and sweatshirts but bought some fleeces in Norway the night before!! We hadn't planned on really using the pools so it wasn't a big disappointment and they were EMPTY the whole week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter