What is the stay/play/dine program?

julierowland

Earning My Ears
What is the stay/play/dine program? is it a promotion only offered during certain times? Can I buy the program without staying on disney property? Basically, I'm trying to find the best price on dining without staying on disney property. Any suggestions.

Basically, I'm trying to find the best price on dining without staying on disney property

Normally when Disney offers any sort of Dining discount staying on property is required.

You can't get the dining plan at all if you do not stay on Disney property, at a Disney-owned resort.

Stay/Play/Dine is a discounted package reservation including a resort room (Disney-operated resorts only), park tickets and a dining plan. The price of the package works out to adults paying child prices on the dining plan.

Without staying on property, your best chance for a discount on dining would be buying a Tables in Wonderland membership card. But it is only available to Fl residents, Annual and seasonal pass holders and DVC members.

What is the stay/play/dine program? is it a promotion only offered during certain times? Can I buy the program without staying on disney property? Basically, I'm trying to find the best price on dining without staying on disney property. Any suggestions.

We stayed off property for our first two trips and on property for our third. I ran the numbers (I'm a really anal planner so it was all spreadsheeted etc.) and couldn't get any of the DPs to be remotely worthwhile for us unless it was discounted. Check out some menus - you'll probably find that you won't miss the DP if you're not staying on property. We did have the DP for the first time on this last trip b/c of the S/P/D promotion. We would only get the DP with a promo like FD or S/P/D. For our next trip, I've been debating a split stay to get a taste of a deluxe (value most of the time) and renting DVC points. The DVC points are looking like the better deal but it precludes me from taking advantage of a dining deal. When I ran the numbers, I came up with a $500 savings by not using the DP. That was based on the DxDP plan with eating at several signature restaurants and all TS with the exception of snacks for lunch. We don't both need an appetizer - if we order one at all, we'd share it. We may or may not all get dessert at every meal - again, don't mind sharing typically. So again, run the numbers and you may be surprised.

search for Disney plan calculator. It is really cool. I would have posted the link but I am only up to 6 posts. lol I guess I need to have 10 or more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter