What is the SCARIEST ride you've been on?

Dudley Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls at IOA. I swear I was almost thrown out of the log the first two times I rode it. Yes, that's right - I wasn't sure, so I rode it again :teeth: Oh, and then there was the time I rode Dueling Dragons entirely by myself - once on each side :)
At Disney? Primeval Whirl - I was alone in my half of the ride vehicle and despite holding on to the bar, I kept sliding back and forth. Once really was enough for that ride!

Seems so stupid but for me Soarin' was 'close your eyes and pray' scary. I kept wishing I had strapped myself into the 'submarine belt' they have there for kids. I think it is my fear of heights, swooping over those mountains was straight out of one of my nightmares! Suprisingly, ToT was no problem - it's only a problem when I don't feel like there is anything btwn me and falling. Everything else at WDW is a piece of cake.

puffkin said:
Now at Disneyland, the moving cars on the Sun Wheel did me in. I just did not like that sensation at all. I have never been scared on a ride up until that point....I was fine on the stationary cars though.

Oo, I'd forgotten about the Sun Wheel ... more likely, I blocked it from my memory! Yeah. Those moving cars are frightening.

It is the Hot Seat at Millionaire every single time. My heart races with every punch of the button, it soars when my name hits the board and when I walk across that see thru floor you can see it pulsate thru my thick head of hair. By the time I reach the seat my brain is so full of blood that it has crowded out almost every answer I ever knew.

Slightly Goofy

It's a Small World. All those creepy little dolls and their infernal songs. Like little demons they are.

Okay, maybe not.

ToT, SM, M:S don't bug me. They're just fun.

Splash mountain bugs me. SM and RnRc don't bug me because I don't see the plummet coming. The anticipation of teetering over the edge is what kills me, and splash mountain has that.

I'm 11 years old. I went on ToT Sm and MS and TT with no problem. Next time i go to WDW I will probably be 12 or 13. Do you think i could be ready for RRC???? Have you or any of your family members done it at one of these ages?? Any help would be amazing!

not at that age since they didn't exist when i was 10-12 but if you can enjoy those others imo you'll enjoy rnr. it's fast but really fun( that and tot are my 2 favorites of that kind of ride at wdw) and you don't really move around a lot cause you are strapped in . love the upside down sensation but it is so quick( the loop) it isn't scary to me at least.

Tower of Terror scared the heck out of me, and it always does the 2 or 3 times I go on it in a row!

At WDW nothing scares me. I love roller coasters and RNRC is my all-time favorite.

However, there is an insane roller coaster at Knotts Berry Farm in California. It is called the Xcelerator - but I always refer to it as the Xterminator!

This thing has a 90 degree drop! You literally go straight up, and over the hump to straight down. I mean straight - no incline at all! And on top of that, they don't have shoulder harnesses, so the only thing that saves you from falling out is a lap bar. Yea, that's fun. :scared:

Plus, DH insisted we go in the front seat. That way there was nothing between us and certain death.

tinkerbellchick52 said:
I'm 11 years old. I went on ToT Sm and MS and TT with no problem. Next time i go to WDW I will probably be 12 or 13. Do you think i could be ready for RRC???? Have you or any of your family members done it at one of these ages?? Any help would be amazing!

My daughter, now 10, has ridden it on two different trips. While she didn't love it, she didn't hate it, either. But she keeps trying!

We took a trip once with another family, and their 13 year old daughter loved it, while their 11 year old sat it out after trying it before.

Since you like other thrill rides, you probably will enjoy it. I personally don't think anything at WDW is too scary for a pre-teen.

Fun Scary - Dinosaur
Creepy Scary - Alien Encounter
OMG What Am I Doing On This Thing - California Screamin' at Disney's Cal. Adv.

Mary

Momerath said:
I rode Dinosaur for the first time in August and I think I've seen "Jurasic Park" one-too-many times, because I was terrified of this ride!!! We were in the front row of the car and in the end-of-the-ride photo where the t-rex is coming for you DH is sitting there with his arm stretched across the seat with an expression on his face like "oh, a dinosaur, how interesting" while I'm SCREAMING with my eyes squeezed shut and my hands over my ears!!! :rotfl2: Even the little kids in the back row didn't look as scared! :) I did laugh at myself afterwards, though, and I was just wondereing what rides other DISers consider the scariest? :earseek:

I totally agree...I am up for anything...but when it comes to things poping out I just can not deal...and this is just a new fear that has arrisen this year for me...I went on Dinosaur this past August and I just ended up covering my eyes 1/2 way through and screaming bloody murder the rest of the way...the picture was so hillarious!!!

My little brother kept telling me "Lauran, you can open your eyes now that's a good dinosaur." and I in response said without uncvering my eyes, "Yea, but he can still go *BLARRBEEEPOoOOOO!!* out of the bushes!

Oh man that ride gets the blood flowin :earseek:

There is a new ride at Alton Towers in England called Rita - Queen of Speed, a motor racing themed roller coaster.

It goes from 0 -100 mph in 2.5 seconds and its tough to smile for the camera, your face is being pulled back by the G Force. Its like Test Track only it accelerates about 20 times faster to a speed almost twice as fast. Then when it reaches 100mph it twists through various loops (which slows it down a little), before screeching to a halt about 90 seconds later.

Rode it twice in a day, and still got off the second time with the same sense of shock/adrenalin rush.

Not sure if its scary but you can't easily get used to it, every time is like the first..."WOOOOWWWWWW seems to sum up how I felt"!

I am a dinosaur movie junkie and I respect the amazing strength and power the dino's had and Dinosaur like to have scared me to death the first time I rode it, and the second, and the third. Even though I know it is coming I still scream and shut my eyes and usually cover my head. The Jurassic Park ride in Universal is the second scariest ride I have ever been on.

I don't ride anything that I think would scare me, but if I did, I think it would be Mission:Space.

I've only been to WDW once in my life about 20 years ago. and I was about 7 years old. I got on Space Mountain and loved it, I got on BTMRR and loved it, I also had no problems with the Haunted Mansion-but guess what ride scared me? Mr Toad's Wild Ride! While I was waiting in line I could see little devils jumpimg out at the end of the ride and I was terrified at the thought of the Devil jumping out at me :earseek: , so when I finally got on I covered my eyes almost thw whole time to avoid seeing the Devil. the only time I really opened my eyes was when a cartoonish train went by me and that scared me. I was hoping to get on this ride again when I go back next year but discovered that it no longer exist at WDW. :(

As an Adult, the scariest ride I've ever been on is The Magnum at Cedar Point.

The scariest ride for me at WDW was the Alien Encounter (which is now Stitch). I was 25 years old and got on it with my cousin. It was so intense. My cousin looked over at me when it was almost over and I was crying my eyes out! He said "what's wrong?" I said.."It's stepped on me, breathed on me, and spit at me....please tell me it's not going to grab me!" If something would have come out of the seat I would have crapped myself and had a heart attack (in any order...ha!)

My husband would say Dinosaur, I say Tower of Terror.. Kinda freaks me out everytime it drops.. Great time though :cool1:

Well I am quite relieved I am not the only adult who gets completely freaked by DINOSAUR. I always feel a tad, ahem, silly when reading that it MAY scare some young children... On my last pictrue i had a hoodie over a hat and I still look petrified.

So my vote goes for Dinosaur and Alien Encounter from a few years back.

bring me my TOT, RNRR, SM thrills, can,t handle that giant dino-beast!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter